Status: Completed as of 10/01/2010

Don't Stop Now

Just Be Pretty, But Naive

Warped Tour 2010
Carson, Ca – Day 15


So I was working part-time as The Maine’s merch girl. Not bad. I only worked at the tent when the boys played the set. When they were finished, I was free to roam the grounds of Warped. I met up with some people and got to see my favorite bands – the good life? Yes.

But today was inventory day. The guys went and picked up boxes filled with the merchandise they were selling throughout the tour. My job was to unpack, sort, and figure out how to display them at the tent. Being a merch girl was harder then it looked.

“Garrett, I advise you to hurry your ass up and out of this bathroom before Kennedy goes apeshit.” I pounded my fist against the door. It sucked living in a tour bus. There was hardly any privacy and only one bathroom? I didn’t know how in the world I was going to live like this for 2 months.

Kennedy walked passed me and heard what I said. “Why did you say my name?”

I turned to him. “Because he knows how badly you need to toilet when you ask.”

“Oh, that’s cool.” He nodded coolly and walked away.

“GARRETT!” By now, I pounded both of my fists and kicked my feet at the door. I continued shouting his name and pouting my lips. I hated it when the guys took forever. It’s like they did it on purpose because of how long I took, but I always rationalized afterward.

The kicking and shouting went on for about 5 minutes until I heard a voice behind me. I turned around and glared at him. He was standing right behind me with a stupid smile on his face.

“Wipe… that stupid smile… off your face…” I said softly. My fists balled up at my hips and honestly, I thought I felt steam exit my ears. Garrett shook his head and patted the top of mine. Then he walked off, leaving me in the same state. I turned my head and watched him leave through the door.

“AHHHHHHH!” I shouted and stretched my arms downward. “FFFUUUU!”

Pat ran to me and asked, “What’s going on?”

I couldn’t speak. I was too pissed off. Garrett had been doing this for weeks and he knew it pissed me off like no other. I pointed up at the picture of Garrett that was taped to the ceiling of the bus which John did while he was wasted.

“YOUR FUCKING FRIEND THINKS THIS IS FUNNY?! HE’S BEEN DOING IT FOR WEEKS!” I shouted some more and stormed to the back lounge. I changed into my over-sized 3OH!3 t-shirt, white shorts, slipped on my Toms, and grabbed my iPhone. The door was left open for me and it was my job to lock it. The guys were getting ready to play their 1:05 set. I had finished setting up the merch tent and I had to be their quick. I shut the door behind me, locked it, and ran to the crowded tent.

“Hey everyone…” I mumbled as I walked behind the table. Girls lined up and their eyes wandered at the t-shirts that were hung inside the tent. Thankfully, I had not encountered any bitchy fans yet. I was actually scared for that part.

I looked at the girl who was first in line. I flashed a smile and said, “Hi, cute bracelet.” I pointed to her wrist. She looked up and smiled back. “Thanks. Um, can I have the purple Maine shirt?”

I turned my head and pointed to the one that hung over my head. “What size?”

“Medium, please,” She was so polite.

I quickly ran to the back and searched through some of the unpacked boxes. I finally found one and ran back to the front of the tent. I handed the girl the shirt as she handed me the $20 bill. “Thanks!” The girls grinned and dropped 2 dollars in the tip jar.

I did a sigh of relief, but then I looked up to see a line with about 30 girls.

This was my job. This was hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
please don't forget to comment.
i love reading feedback (: