Status: Completed as of 10/01/2010

Don't Stop Now

Love On My Mind

It was the end of another day and the next day was a resting day and on these kinds of nights, the boys decided to take out the liquor and the red cups…

“Hey Norah, do you have the ping pong ball?” Tim called out from the kitchen.

I dug threw my duffel bag that I kept with me in my bunk. I grabbed it, hopped off my bunk and walked to the guys. I slammed the ball on the table and looked up at the guys with a smile on my face.

“Here. Can I play tonight?” I asked.

Tim shooed me away like a child, “No. Not tonight. Tonight’s not a good night.”

I rolled my eyes as John, Jared, and Kennedy shrugged their shoulders. Even though I was 18, Tim still treated me like his 5 year old sister. I wanted to go out and party with The Summer Set – Tim made me sort the merch. I wanted to go on a date with Jack Barakat – Tim “grounded” me for even thinking about that. Tim really pissed me off this tour.

“Whatever. You, Tim, can go get fucking laid so I can play beer pong.” I rolled my eyes as I walked to the back lounge where I found Garrett playing on his laptop. He was always on that. That guy had his eyes glued on the screen he didn’t even bother looking up.

“I hate you.” I told him.

Garrett looked up and smiled. He leaned back on the seat and said, “Aw come on Norah, you know I’m messing with you. You know you love me.”

I shook my head as I walked towards him. “No. I hate you. H-A-T-E you.”

He looked at me. “I’m sorry. You’re my best friend, come on…” he reached for my hand and pulled me down on the seat with him. Garrett wrapped his arms around me and held me for a while. “Okay, okay… I forgive you.”

Garrett pulled away and grinned. “Th-”

“But excuse me… while I laugh my ass off.” I said.

“Aah, Every Avenue… good one Norah.”

I shook my head and kissed his cheek because that’s what I always did. I remember doing it the first time the guys left for their first tour. I ran to them and gave them a hug and kiss and told them to be safe. I was only like 14 at the time, I didn’t know anything else to tell them. But a kiss on the cheek was always what they got, never anything else. I never “fell” for any of the guys. I loved them, but I didn’t love them enough to pursue any type of relationship with them. But Tim and Pat were happy about that. I guess they were relieved that they never caught me kissing them on the lips or something along those lines.

I rested my head on Garrett’s shoulder as he turned his attention back to his laptop. While I sat there, I took in his scent. It was a mix of sweat and axe: my favorite since I was always surrounded by it. I brought my legs up and held them to my chest. Garrett was working on iMovie, editing some video him and the guys recorded earlier in the morning.

“Get off the laptop. Let’s go hang outside.” I said out of nowhere.

Garrett stopped what he was doing. He quickly saved his project and closed his laptop. He stood up, held my hand and led the way to the door. We passed by the guys who were already getting tipsy. Pat was in charge of making sure nothing bad happens - that was always his job.

“Fuck you Tim.” I said as I shoved Tim’s back, but he probably didn’t notice. He’s always drunk off his ass.

Garrett and I made it outside. When we shut the door behind us, it blocked out the obnoxious music those idiots were playing. We were still in the city so when I looked up, street lights took over the night sky, but it was alright. I followed Garrett to an empty picnic table that sat behind the bus.

He sat on table part while I sat on the actual bench part…

“I’m sorry, for real,” he said softly. He didn’t look at me though; he looked up at the sky.

I held onto his hand and gave it a light squeeze. “It’s fine. By the way, I can’t stand being mad at you guys for so long. I love you too much.” I smiled at him.

“This is why you’re my best friend.”

I got up and sat down next to him and hooked my arm through his. We both looked up at the same night sky and attempted to find a star. This was a game we always played. Whoever found the first star in a sky filled with street lights, won.

“Norah, can I tell you something?” I heard Garrett’s soft spoken voice.

I was too tired to say actual words so I grunted.

“I asked Rachael to be my girlfriend again…”

Once he finished, I picked up my head up and looked at him. I licked my lips and nodded. “Wow, that’s great. Really! You two are like made for each other…” I smiled at him; I smiled for him. Garrett smiled back and then I died a little inside.

“I’m tired. I’m gonna go sleep.” I said awkwardly and left him outside on the bench. I ran back to the door and to my bunk. Pat noticed since he followed me back to the bunks. I climbed to my bed which was in the middle. Pat opened the curtain and rested his arms on my blanket.

“I’m afraid to ask…” He said. I shook my head.

“You don’t have to worry. I’m just really tired. Goodnight!” I said quickly. I leaned over and kissed him goodnight and then closed the curtain. I turned over so I was facing the wall. I shut my eyes and tried not to cry.

Garrett and Rachael? Again?

So I might have lied about not liking one of these guys…
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback por favor?
TY