Status: Completed as of 10/01/2010

Don't Stop Now

The Walk of Shame

Garrett’s POV

Because I love you,” was what Norah told me. Her tear-filled eyes looked at me and then turned away. I stared at the side of her face until I manned up enough to grab her hand and hold it tight. I brought her fingertips up to my lips and kissed them.

Norah turned to look at me. “What are you doing?” She managed to say between sobs.

“I’m sorry,” I told her before getting out and exiting the bathroom, leaving Norah there on the ground confused. I know I shouldn’t have done that, but I was with Rachael, whom I loved very much. Don’t get me wrong, I did love Norah, but not the way she said it towards me. She’s been my best friends since we were younger. I didn’t want to screw things up for us.

I walked to the back lounge where I found Kennedy, who was still confused about what happened. He sat back with his head looking up at the ceiling of the lounge. Reruns of Family Matters were still playing the background as I leaned over and lightly shoved his shoulder. “Dude…”

Kennedy reacted quick and stared at me. “What’s wrong with Nor?”

“She told me she loves me.” I said bluntly.

His expression was not surprised, yet wishing I hadn’t told him. I knew he really liked her and I really wanted them to get together; it would have been fun going on a double date with Kennedy and Norah. But I knew I had to tell Kenny the truth. I couldn’t lie to the guy; he’s like my brother.

“Wow,” he said, rubbing the back of his neck, “She loves you?”

I nodded my head as I sat back down, closing my eyes. “Yeah, sorry bro.”

“Fuck.”

I opened my eyes to see Kennedy leaning forward, holding his head in his hands. With his elbows propped on his knees, he rocked back and forth. “I really fucking like her.”

“I know…” I told him. Seeing Kennedy act like this over Norah hurt like hell. This was the last thing I’d ever want to do – hurt a brother. I stood up and rubbed his back before leaving to the very front of the bus where I found comfort and silence.

John, Jared, and Pat were already sleeping. They were crashed on the couch in front of the TV; John’s body lying across the couch, while Pat was curled up at the very end of it. Jared lied on the floor with a pillow over his face. I shook my head as I went over and turned off the TV which was playing ZUMBA Fitness. They didn’t flinch as soon as the screen went blank and the sound stopped. These guys were passed out.

Kennedy’s POV

We were on our way to the next tour date: Denver. Norah and I were happily cuddled in the back lounge watching TV. Then Garrett came in and he and I started talking. I told him about my feelings for Norah and how I really do like her. She eventually woke up and left to the bathroom in tears.

So Garrett goes and checks on her to see what’s wrong and he comes back to tell me that Norah loves him. SHE LOVES HIM.

"Fuck," I kept telling myself. What did I do wrong?

I shook my head constantly and cursed myself for acting the way I did and doing the things I wasn't supposed to be doing, like kissing her on her forehead all the time and holding her close. I guess I was just being to forward and thinking ahead all this time.

I realized that Norah was still in the bathroom since I didn't hear her walk out. I looked out onto the hallway and saw Garrett sitting by himself in the front lounge, looking outside the window. I took a deep breath and stood up, making my way to Norah.

"Nor..." I whispered at the door.

I heard her sniffle and shuffle her feet around on the floor. "Kenny?"

"Can I come in?" I asked, pressing my hands against the cold door frame.

She didn't answer back, but I took that as a yes. I lightly turned the knob and pushed it forward. There she was, on the floor. She looked up at me with her eyes full of tears. I looked at her sadly and helped her up. I pulled her close and embraced her because I hated seeing her cry.

I've only seen Norah cry twice in my life. One time was when I was jamming at Pat's house and she was in the backyard. Norah was piling boxes on one end of their patio while trying to rearrange the table and chairs that was outside. As she mindlessly threw objects at the pile, it eventually went tumbling down and it fell on her. I heard her cry for help, so I ran to her aid and lifted the boxes off her legs. She had a little, tiny cut but she was still crying. I kissed it and then helped her up. She was only 16.

The second time was when she was 17 and brought home her first boyfriend to the Kirch residence. The guys and I were chilling in the basement, playing video games and watching movies. All of a sudden, we hear her shouting and we all ran to the next room to see her throwing books at the guy. Turns out he was cheating on her and Norah read his text messages. So John and Jared escorted the guy out while Garrett held her in his arms.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" She cried out.

I walked towards her and grabbed her hand, making her look up at me. "You're beautiful Norah and you definitely don't need a guy to make sure of that. We love you for who you are. Don't go changing."

Looking at Norah's tear-filled eyes, I held her in my arms and carried her out to her bunk. I gently placed her on the bed and waited till she was settled and comfortable. She turned to look at me and gave me a smile.

She was beautiful, even when she cried.

After tucking her in and making sure she was asleep, I angrily walked towards Garrett and shoved him. "Who the fuck do you think you are... just leaving Norah on the bathroom floor?"

"Hey!" Garrett shouted back as he regained his balance and standing up to face me. "I can't deal with her right now Kennedy."

I glared at the guy, "Why not? Just because of Rachael? Fuck her and fuck you! You don't care for anyone except yourself!"

"I care about Norah, okay?" He said.

"Well then, why don't you fucking show it?"

He shook his head and I shoved him again. "The girl I fucking love is in her bunk crying. And guess what, she loves you, not me. So fuck my life! You get the girl, like always. Norah really does like you Garrett and you can't even tell her how much you like her back... because you're always fucking hung over Rachael."

Garrett stood there, staring back at me. "Huh? What's going on?" I heard from behind me. I turned around and saw John, trying to sit up. He rubbed his eyes and then quickly lied back down.

"Just so you know, Norah will always be there for you Garrett." I said to him.

"Hasn't she always?" He asked.

I nodded my head and looked down at the ground. Before looking up, I took a deep breath and said, "She never disappoints us."

Upset, I walked down the hallway to the back lounge where I sat back and realized that Norah really did love Garrett and I was nothing more than just a friend to her.

Garrett's POV

"She never disappoints us." Kennedy told me.

I watched him as he walked back to the back lounge and sat down looking miserable. He was right; hell, Kennedy was always right. I closed my eyes for a brief second before opening them again. From where I was standing, I pulled out my cell phone and searched for Rachael's number. Tapping on 'Send SMS', I wrote:

We need to talk...
♠ ♠ ♠
FEEDBACK FEEDBACK FEEDBACK. That's all I ask. Thanks :)) <3