Status: GOING BACK TO EDIT

Saving Grace

Chapter Twenty-Eight

I sucked in a breath as I climbed out of my car and studied the venue before me. It was ungodly large with glass creating the outside of the massive building. I tucked my car keys into my purse before hesitantly walking forward.

John had stayed back, giving me time and space to talk to Nick.

I walked inside and soon found myself face to face with an unfamiliar, buff body guard whom was blocking my entrance to the back stage area.

I nervously licked my lips as he stared at me with nearly pitch black eyes, then flashed him a smile. "Hi," I said, my voice shaking a little.

He stared at my intently, his tree limbs of arms crossed over his stomach.

"Can I get backstage? My friends are all back there-"

"Yeah and so are everyone else's," he cut in, causing my smile to turn into a scowl.

I knew this was going to happen. After a moment's hesitation, I pulled out my cell phone and sent a text to the one guy I could almost always count on.

I meandered around, staying nearby as I waited. Moments later, I saw him and a smile placed itself on my face.

"I thought you were shitting me!" Justin Richards cried as he stepped around the guard who had been giving my suspicious looks. He walked forward and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Why would I tell you to come get me backstage if I wasn't here?" I questioned as we pulled away.

He shrugged before hugging me once again. "It's been too long, Justin. We have to start hanging out more."

"We do," he agreed before guiding me backstage without the guard's approval.

My nerves started getting the best of me as Justin started rambling on about how Andrew and Halvo had been 'going crazy' without me being there to keep them in line.

I rubbed my hands together as the dirty-blond haired boy and I walked side-by-side down the darkened hallways.

Suddenly, he gripped my arm and spun me to walk into a room after he pushed the door open. Familiar, obnoxious laughter reached my ears but it abruptly died off as soon as I stepped inside.

Before my mind could register what was happening, my name was shrieked and I felt sets of arms wrap around me.

I cringed at the touch though I should have expected it from both Eric "Halvo" Halvorsen and Andrew Cook, the two other band members that completed A Rocket To The Moon.

I smiled as they rambled on how much they missed me, though I was too busy looking for a certain boy that appeared to be missing-in-action.

Suddenly, the door which led to the bathroom opened and Nick walked out.

We both froze and the two sets of arms that had been wrapped around me disappeared. "What are you doing here?" Nick asked, though it didn't sound spiteful.

I bit the inside of my lip which was already sore from nervously biting it all day. I tucked my hands in m pockets. "I- uh- need to talk to you," I said softly as I looked down to my shoes.

"About...?"

I puffed out a large breath, "I'd like to talk in private. Just you and me..."

Nick glanced between his band-mates before bringing his eyes to me once again. "We have to go on in two minutes, Amelia."

"I can wait until after the show. This is really important."

A flicker of concern showed in Justin, Halvo, Andrew and Nick's eyes but Nick nodded that we would talk then.

I smiled half-heartedly before looking to the trio of boys beside me. "Good luck, tonight," I said.

Halvo frowned. "NO! You are not allowed to say that!" he cried. "It jinxes us!"

"I'm sorry, I take it back,"

"Too late now, Amelia!" Justin cried, rolling his eyes in a teasing manner.

"God Amelia!" Andrew cried before pulling me into his chest once again.

I scowled against him before their manager's voice was vaguely heard, commanding them to "get their asses moving".

I watched as Justin, Andrew and Halvo scrambled out the door to get their instruments before turning to face Nicholas who hadn't budged yet. We stared at each other for a second before he walked out, leaving me to sit in the small room by myself.

-----

I found myself sitting across from Nick in a Denny's. The rest of the people on tour with Nick were across the restaurant, squeezing into three large booths.

I sipped on my coke as he studied me with those dark eyes that made me melt.

"You should eat something," he stated suddenly. I looked up with curiosity. "You look pale."

"Says the palest boy I know..."

He smiled a little despite himself. "Touché, Beautiful."

Both of our smiles were wiped off our faces at the unexpected use of my pet name.

"Sorry," he said, "it's just a habit to call you that."

It was; he had named me "Beautiful" even before we had started dating.

"It's okay," I whispered.

He cleared his throat after a moment. "You- uh- had something important you wanted to talk to me about?"

My hands went clammy. "Y-Yeah," I stuttered. I sucked in a deep breath as I thought over the ways to tell him. I could be subtle or straightforward.

I decided to go with the latter.

"Nick, I'm pregnant," I said, looking directly in his eyes.

Tears pricked the back of my eyes as I nervously awaited his reaction. "If this is some sick joke, Amelia-"

I reached for my purse and pulled out one of the pregnancy tests I had taken. I slid it across the table, blinking hard to hide my tears. "I just found out this morning," I said softly as he sat in what appeared to be shock; I couldn't blame him though. "I'm keeping it," I added.

He looked up from the plastic stick. "You are?"

I felt as if I had been slapped. Did he want me to get an abortion?

I stood, pulling the straps of my handbag on my shoulder before stalking away from him.

"No, wait Amelia!" Nick called.

I was taken by surprise when his hand wrapped around my arm and spun me to face him. "That's not what I meant..." he said, knowing exactly what I was thinking. "I'm happy that you're keeping it: our baby, I mean."

I felt a smile pulling at my lips though tears were welling in my eyes.

My heart was fluttering within my chest as his warm breath rushed over my face. I was aware of his hands falling to the small of my back and the short distance between us was slowly starting to close.

Nick lightly touched his lips to mine, as if he was testing the waters. When I didn't fight to distance myself, he kissed me with a passion that I hadn't felt in months.

When we finally pulled our lips away from each other and when Nick rested his forehead against mine, he finally said, "I was wrong, Amelia. I never should have told you we needed a break."

I pressed a kiss to his jaw before curling into his chest.

"Does this mean we're a couple once again?" he asked after a moment.

I pulled away so I could look at him.

My wide smile confirmed it for him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm terribly sorry if there are mistakes :/
I promise that I will edit this later if I see any mistakes... Thanks for the comments if I somehow managed to miss you in the thank you messages!!