Status: Currently in progress.

Dear Diary: Ten People, One Fear

Introduction

Some say that death is the only certain thing in life, others say they do not fear it.
In reality though, the fear of death, or necrophobia, is the second most common fear in the world, beat out only by the fear of public speaking, or glossophobia.

While many people can come to terms with the fact that all living things must die in time, true necrophobics struggle for years with the aspect, and some may never get over it themselves. Often times, people who suffer initially from necrophobia develop other fears that cause devastating downfalls in their own lives. The fear of death, dying, dead things, or anything related to death is a serious disorder that has affected so many in negative ways. Dying is the most uncertain certainty, and as humans, we naturally fear the unknown. Many people will never get over this panic-inducing terror, but there is always help to make it easier.

There are hundreds of thousands, if not hundreds of millions of people on this earth who suffer daily from necrophobia.

These are ten of their stories. It is my sincere wish that reading these letters written by real people may help you cope with your fears and come to terms, if only a little, with this phobia.

I want to thank the nine of you who have helped me make this idea a reality, it's going to do a world of good for someone out there, I know it.