Status: Just starting, sorry!

Jealousy Burns

Chapter 1 - Christian a cheater?

I sighed, trying to twirl the alcoholic drink in my hand like the people did in movies. I wasn’t too successful either. The world was getting a little hazy but that was alright. I just got back from a whole bundle of stress, so this was the night I was supposed to wind down a little.

The man I loved, Dimitri Belikov was visiting his family in Russia. I knew I should've gone with him but Lissa begged me to not go. So, I thought, what's wrong with just staying here? Too bad I didn't expect all the boredom that came from it.

From across the room, Mia Rinaldi, a Moroi who was a half friend half enemy with blonde curls and deep blue eyes, gestured frantically towards me and Lissa, my best friend. She really would’ve been cute, if she wasn’t our age. I snickered to myself. Lissa, guessing my thoughts nudged me with her elbow.

We were all currently at this party that a bunch of dhampirs and Moroi were hosting. It was some sort of celebration, but I couldn’t remember what for. I blamed that on the drink in my hand.

Lissa, another Moroi with blonde hair but with green eyes, tugged on my dress. My pretty blue dress with sparkly flowers, that Dimitri had bought me a week ago. When I asked him about it, he just winked and said he had his ways. That was the man I loved, I sighed dreamily. “Rose, what do you reckon Mia wants?”

I blinked away the haze for a moment. “Huh, who’s Mia?” For the life of me, I couldn’t exactly figure it out at that moment. She was a blonde, a small blonde? I frowned, trying to get the details.

Liss rolled her eyes and grabbed my free hand. She stalked over to where Mia was. “Hey Mia, what’s up?” Liss smiled broadly. That was my best friend, Ms. Congeniality.

“Um, well, I figured I kind of owed you guys and Jill’s a friend of mine, so I was watching her, I guess.” Mia answered sheepishly. Uh oh, this was so not good, bad news approaching.

Jill, this year 9; was a slim Moroi with brown curls, a few freckles, pale skin and pale green eyes. She also had a crush on Christian, my best friend’s boyfriend.

She literally devoted her life to Christian Ozera.

Seriously, I didn’t get the hype about him. He wasn’t that hot and was a total smart ass. His black hair was always messy and his icy blue eyes didn’t exactly turn me on. He also always has this stupid smirk on his face that tells you that he’s going to get you bad. Nah, my type’s more of brown hair, with brown eyes, tall and Russian. Oh and he also has to have an unhealthy obsession with cheesy cowboy novels and 1980’s music.

Horrible, I know but I can’t break the habit. Dimitri Belikov isn’t exactly healthy for you, more like chocolate. Dark as sin and definitely just as delicious, did I mention he was my teacher? Oh oops. Yeah, we have a forbidden relationship, oops again.

“Jill’s here?” I tried to imitate Dimitri and tried to raise any eyebrow. By the indiscreet laugh, I mean cough that Liss gave, I wasn’t successful.

“Yeah, isn’t she a little too young? I mean, there’s alcohol here and not to mention, drunken Moroi and dhampirs.” Lissa’s eyes widened, forever the caring older sister.

“Funny you should mention that,” Mia looked down, “I saw Jill holding onto Christian before and he was sort of drunk and she was … eager to help him.” Whoa, hold on there, eager to help him? I snorted.

Since my head was sort of muddled, the feelings I got over our bond were a little fuzzy but I knew the first stirrings of anger anywhere. “What do you mean? She was eager to help him?” Lissa’s eyes went cold. Oh dear, this was a touchy subject. Christian treated Jill nice, like he treated most females nice, but Jill, being the naïve, vulnerable girl she was, adored him. Some days, it was pretty funny, some days, not so funny.

“I think this is a gigantic misunderstanding, Liss and Christian worships the ground you walk on. He loves you; Mia’s probably got her facts wrong.” I reassured Lissa.
This was totally true. Christian and Lissa were smitten with each other. They couldn’t keep their hands off each other and more than a few times, I had to cough loudly and barge in.

They loved each other, end of story.

Then hop along, comes this little year 9 who really wants to learn how to fight because of all the Strigoi problems we had lately. Strigoi are an evil version of Moroi and well, they’re made evil with the promise of immortality. Anyway, Jill’s totally enraptured by this glorious specimen, called Christian Ozera who can use fire and hurt Strigoi badly. Lissa’s off learning magic from Adrian Ivashkov and really, pot calling the kettle black.

Now, there’s an interesting someone. Adrian Ivashkov, a rich play boy who was never serious in life with stylishly messy brown hair and blue/green eyes. He had the hots for me and had that lazy, sly look that had undoubtedly roped in a gazillion of women into his bed. He was pretty cute and in an alternate universe where Dimitri didn’t exist, I’d choose him. Don’t tell him though, it’d just boost his ego up.

Mia shook her head, obviously saying that there was something going on between Christian and Jill. Uncooperative bitch, I snarled in my mind. If I knew Mia, she was probably screwing with us. “No, Jill likes Christian, a lot.”

Lissa sucked in a deep breath. “We have to find out." She turned her jade-green eyes to me, imploring me to help her out. I was willing to help, but, I really didn't want to be there if Jill and Christian were getting it on.

I grimaced. "Do we have to? I mean, we could just ask him." I asked, hopefully. If we could just ask, there was a possibility that he could lie, but still, it was better than seeing actual proof shoved in front of your face. Even though Christian might be cheating on Lissa, I really didn't want to see her hurt like that. I would murder Christian Ozera with my bare hands if he ever made Liss cry.

Mia laughed. "He'll lie, you know." Her expression changed, softened. It was like she regretted saying it and decided to say something nicer. "Lissa, I just want you to know, that even though Christian could turn Strigoi any moment, he was a good guy."

Lissa turned to her and snarled. "He won't turn Strigoi and he is a good guy, better than you could ever be, you childish doll." Ooh, the gloves were off.

" I think we should just drop this for now. I mean, Liss, why don't we just enjoy the party and think about this tomorrow morning?" I took in a calming breath and tried to count to ten in my head. Think good things, I told myself, think nice things, like Dimitri's body. I smiled.

But alas, some things just never change.

Lissa had opened her mouth and was about to say something before her face became soaked with liquid. Lissa's eyes widened and she brushed a few strands of hair that stuck to her face. Her face was soaked but the expression on her face was more shocked than angry. I took that as a good sign.

Unfortunately, when I looked at the offender, Mia, she had a satisfied smirk on her face. Not good, I thought, just before a large piece of fruit hit her face. It was a strawberry from Lissa's drink. Oh dear, I sighed. Normally, I was the one who started these things. Now it was Lissa.

I think I was rubbing off on her. But hey, at least Christian's not under any fire anymore, right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh, a little twist, don't you think? Christian might, might just be cheating with Jill while Mia and Lissa are at each other's throats. Or maybe, there's something bigger going on. Comments? :)