Status: Will come back to this story.

One Summer...

One Summer...

I grew excited as we reached the island. The boat that I was on couldn't be any noisier. And my sister just couldn't leave me alone.

" When will we become TV stars?" she asked dreamily. " There's eight other people on the boat and I think chances will be slim. Paine, are you listening." I didn't answer her. Yeah, I did hear her, but this was my relaxation time. Crisp air blowing in my hair. The sun glaring in my face. Still, my sister's random questions was ruining the moment.

Finally, I shouted, " Would you just shut up, Janet. Seriously. Your like a tape that just keeps going and going and..." Then was interrupted by her usual waterworks. Janet could never take the rude and mean comments aimed at her. Never did. Never will. The boat stopped. We were here.

We arrived at Camp Inferi and soon I knew how it got its name. There's a volcano on the island that made it hot sometimes while I was here. My sister and I were the first two people to get off the boat. Then, a girl with a black shirt with a skull on it. She also wore glasses. However, I knew her. Her name was Lola Lee. She was my best friend. When her eyes caught mine, she waved. I waved back. Deep inside, I like her more than just friend.

" Well , if it isn't the Martins," a voice said. Then, I saw Jon with his sister, Maria. Jon Airreo can't stand me and I can't stand him. I guess it's because I'm white and he's Mexican, but I try to stay away from him as much as possible. His sister, Maria Airreo, is the exact polar opposite of Jon. She's in love with me, but I don't love her. Ever since the Airreos moved down to where I lived, it was like a romance movie. Love at first sight, except the fact that I don't like don't like her. Jon walked towards me and nudged me as he passed. As she passed, Maria blew me a kiss. I shuddered.

The rest of the people for show got off the boat. Next, we were led to a mess hall. The mess hall had two long tables, a kitchen, four wide windows, and a guy standing between the tables. " Welcome to Camp Inferi, campers," he said, " I'm Kevin Ashin, your handsome host for the next couple of months. Also..."

" Kevin?" my sister said interrupted, " When will we become stars?" Suddenly, a wave of questions filled the air and there were too many to count. A loud banging noise caught everybody’s attention. There was a tall woman, holding two pots in her pale, white hands. I just notice that she was the pilot of the boat that we were on. “This is Rose,” said Kevin as Rose waved a pot in the air. I guess she was saying hello. “She doesn’t talk much,” he added, “Now lets meet each other.”

Kevin pointed at a Chinese guy who stood in the far back. “This is Stew Mei, a basketball star from China.” Stew said something in Chinese, I guess.

“He said hello,” Rose said, “I learned how to speak Chinese while I traveled around the world.” I was impressed. How many people do you know who can speak Chinese, let alone travel around the world.

“Wow,” a girl said in the crowd, “Your impressive, Rose”

“ And you are to Myme,” Kevin pointed out, “Myme Minnoh, one of the world’s best dancers. She blushed. I couldn’t take my eyes off of her.

“Paine and Janet Martin, along with Jon and Maria Airreo two family members competing for stardom.”

“Competing?!” Janet shouted, “What do you mean by competing?!”

“I’ll get to that in about five minutes,” Kevin said, then pointed to someone. “This is Mario Cutro.” I looked at him and he seemed younger that all of us here.

“The last three people are Lola Lee, Ed Byrd, Todd Heno,” Rose piped. Ed looked like a weirdo. Clothes ripped and torn in a lot of places.
Next to Lola, Todd was standing beside her. He looked like a guy that “loved” every girl he met. Then, Todd started to talking to Lola and she Laughed. I could already that we were going to have serious problem.

“ Your belongings you’ve sent here, before you arrived, are in the cabins. The names should be already on the front door,” Rose said after the introductions of everybody were done.

“Excellent,” Kevin said happily, “Now campers, the road begins here.”

“Why are call you calling us campers,” Lola said, “I thought we were going to be stars?”

“No. One of you will become a star.” Kevin answered, “ You will all compete in a series of challenges. To become a star, you’ll need to start small.” Everyone’s faces had horror replaced on them, including mine.

“This a bunch of crap,” Jon said and for once I agreed. Apparently, everyone did ,too. “I want out,” he added.

“Okay, but the winner also gets one million dollars,” Kevin said. Then, everyone heading towards the boat stopped right in their tracks. “ If you want to stay follow me.” Like I suspected, all of us did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe!