Status: rewriting and rethinking. updates coming soon(:

The Lesson's Learned

Five

We barely had said five sentences to each other. Why was I getting so heated up? It's not like I'm already pregnant, I cannot blame my hormones and my period was last week. I barely spoke to him, but I could already tell that we weren't going to get along. Did he really call me a slut?

"...What's yours?"

"Kate" I answer

"I have a cousin named Kate" He pauses "She's a slut"

"How charming"


No, I think he was just saying that he has a slutty cousin who just shares my name. But on the other hand, when I sit down my pencil skirt does tend to rise and my blouse is a little cleavagey, but he can't just judge me! Our conversation volleyed at least ten times, probably more.

I'm so stupid, I thought. I can't just walk out. This isn't my parent's house, there is nothing I can run away from. This is being forced between the two of us. I have my reason, but what about his? I don't know what he's been through.

Now in the knowing of my ridiculousness, I walk back through the door to 107. He's still sitting in the same spot, staring out the window, showing no sign of movement, but yet I still have that feeling he's watching me.

I make my way towards the back of the room, zig zagging through the stray desks and sit down, this time beside his feet. I just stare at him for a few minutes. It's not awkward, but it's definitely not comfortable. We just sit there, waiting for one of us to get the courage to speak up. I lose track of time, but then...

"It's my parents" He says at last "One day my friends and I were hanging out in our living room. My dad was working late and my mom was going to spend time with my grandma in the nursing home. My best friend, Kyle Vasquez, thought it would be a good idea to invite a few people over and have some fun. I didn't know what he meant by fun, I just thought he was going to call some of our friends from school over. But I was stupid to think that."

"Ever since I met Kyle in 7th grade, he was always that one kid that was always looking for trouble, which is one of the reasons why my parents didn't like him. He was always that one guy who always bugged your parents, but he was the best guy to be around. Anyway, when he said let's invite some people over, I thought he meant some of our friends, so I let him use my phone to call people. Then like a half hour later, I answer the door bell to find the cops"

"Apparently, when Kyle said 'a few people' he meant these druggies that he met behind a Walmart and the number he gave them was transferred to a cop and they tracked my phone down and took us down to the station."

He still isn't looking at me. I feel like he's forgotten that I'm there, more like he is speaking into a journal.

"My parents were livid. No matter how many times I tried to explain to them what really happened, but every time I did they would twist it back to being my fault. They spent hours one night trying to decide how I should be punished. My father, my own father, suggested not letting me go to college. I have a baseball scholarship to go there, but my mom saw my expression and I guess she felt pity and said there must be something else we could do. A few more ideas here and there, but then they saw a brochure for this and here I am"

For the first time since I came back into the room, he looks at me "They thought that this could teach me how it feels when your child disappoints you. I thought I had them fooled" He goes back to staring out the window "I was turning eighteen in a few weeks, I could just drop out of the program on my birthday, but then the last day you could pull yourself out was the day before my birthday and then I got stuck here."

"That's terrible" I say " I thought I had i t bad"

"What's your story?"He asks, turning to look at me

This time I look out the window and I tell him everything. How I dated Liam, how one night we went into the hot tub, how my parents saw us making out and then they went berserk, how Liam dumped me for the cheerleader he was screwing, how my parents were crazy and thought I wasn't a virgin, how they thought my sisters were perfect, how I ran away.

"Where are you staying?"

"The hotel where I work"

He just nods his head.

"What's your last name?" I ask

"Vechio"

"Hmmm"

"What?" He asks, somewhat defensive

"I like it" I say with a smile

"What's yours?"

"DelRosso"

He starts to smile, but then he gets this dreamy look on his face

"I can't believe it' He starts to look at my face, as if he hadn't been looking at it the entire 30 minutes we had been here

"What?"

He just stares at me, no longer in a daze, but with a solemn expression just shakes his head and walks out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whaaaaaat?!?!?!! Just when they were getting along too.....

(:

comment<3