Status: Active

I'm Over Getting Older

Fifteen

Hannah

“So, fruit ball, what’s been on your mind?” Matt asked me, using my old nickname. It was ten o’ clock, and Tyler had just gone into his bedroom, giving me and Matt time to talk. The whole house was dark, except the living room TV was on, and the candle on the table flickered.

“A lot,” I sighed.

“Well, spill!” He gasped like a little girl.

“Your such a gay bag,” I laughed quietly. He rolled his eyes. “Well, I don’t know, I just,” I exhaled. “I think I might like Alex,” I whispered.

“Why?” He asked. “He’s a douche bag!” I smacked his chest. “It’s true, he cheated on you.”

“I know, and I hate him for that. But… he kissed me Matt. And I’ve never felt the way I do with Alex with anybody else. Not even Tyler,” I said, trying to say it as lowly as possible,
fearing he would hear me, even though he was all the way up stairs.

Matt was silent for a moment. “Well, what do you want?”

I sighed. “I don’t know.” I ran my fingers through my hair. “He told me he still loves me, Matt.” I whispered, my voice cracking. “The more time I spend with him, the more I start thinking I still love him too,”

He wrapped an arm loosely around my shoulders. “Tyler’s a great guy, he really is. But he’ll never be the father of your daughter, or the guy you first loved. I remember you would never shut up about Alex. You’d be on Skype with him until four in the morning, and then see him at school at seven. You loved him. Maybe Tyler just can’t replace him, Hannah.”

“You’re probably right.” I sighed. “But I don’t want to hurt Tyler. And what if it doesn’t work out with Alex?”

“You can’t live just asking “what if” all your life, fruit ball.” He shot me a half smile. I nodded. “It will all work out, don’t worry. And if it doesn’t, you know I can always kick somebody’s ass Army style for you.” We both grinned.

“I’m really proud of you, Matt.” I told him, looking straight into his green eyes. “You’re my soldier,” I said, laughing.

“Don’t get cheesy,” He said, hugging me tight.

“Do you have to go back soon?” I asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

“In three weeks, I go to Iraq,” He informed me quietly, and I tightened up. He’s never fought in Iraq before. “Don’t worry, I’ll be fine,”

“You better be,” I mumbled, swallowing the lump in my throat.

“Come on, let’s watch Cake Boss,” He smiled, grabbing the remote and flicking on Cake Boss.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is so short, I know.
I know the last three chapters have sucked.
iii am sorry!
Next chapter will have Alexxxxxxx, I promise, and it won't be short, or a filler.
DON'T GIVE UP ON ME!
Comment and suuuuuubscribe<3