Sequel: Family Ties
Status: Done! Please check out the sequel!

Welcome to the Family

Reunited

I floated in and out of it for awhile. I don’t remember much about any of it just the nurse smiling down at me as she adjusted my IV. Sometimes I heard voices but they were muffled and distorted and I couldn’t place who they belonged to.

When I finally came out of it all I heard nothing. The only sound in the room was the beeping of a monitor next to my bed. I looked around the room and saw Tyfany curled up in a chair next to the window, a pale blue hospital blanket wrapped around her.

“Tyfany.” My voice croaked.

I cleared it and tried again, “Tyfany Anne.” I said an she jumped.

“Josie! Holy shit!” she said and in a flash she was out of her chair and had her arms around me.

Pain shot through my body and I gasped. She quickly let go and stepped back from the bed biting her lower lip.

“Sorry I forgot.” she said.

“Forgot what?” I asked.

“The fact you’ve got three broken ribs.” she replied.

“Three?” I asked my eyes wide.

“Yeah they said that you’re pretty lucky.” she said and sat down on the bed.

“You’ve got three broken ribs, a fractured wrist which they had to do surgery one while you were out, a concussion, a sprained ankle, several wounds all along your back, a few of which had to be stitched up and an assortment of cuts and bruises. You‘ve been out for about a week.” she said in one breath.

“Holy shit.” I said.

“Tell me about it. Now I have one question for you.” Tyfany said looking at me.

“Shoot.” I replied.

“WHY THE FUCK DIDN’T YOU TELL ME YOU SHARED GENES WITH 2 OF THE MOST BADASS MOTHER FUCKING MUSICIANS TO GRACE THE FACE OF THE EARTH?!?” she said her eyes wide.

“Are they here?” I asked.

“Fuck yes! They’re your Uncle and Father of course they’re fucking here! Now why didn’t you tell me you bitch?” she asked.

I sighed, “I don’t know why I didn’t tell you I just didn’t. I mean I only found out about a year ago.” I replied.

“A year?” Tyfany asked.

I nodded and launched into the whole story. She sat perched on the end of my bed listening intently the entire time. When I was done she was silent as she thought about all that I’d just told her.

“Are you mad?” I asked her after a few minutes.

She sighed, “No. I guess I understand.”

“Thanks.” I replied.

“Well you are my bestie. I couldn’t stay mad at you forever.” she said and gently gave me another hug.

“Oh my god she’s awake!” a voice cried from the door.

Tyfany pulled back and a moment later her arms were replaced by Johnny’s.

“Hey Short Shit.” I laughed as he pulled back a moment later.

He rolled his eyes, “You haven’t changed much.” he said with his trademark shit eating grin.

I saw Zacky standing a ways off from the bed looking reluctant to approach me.

“Are you just going to stand there like a moron Vengeance or are you going to give me a hug?” I asked.

“I didn’t want to hurt you.” he said.

“Dude Zacky, Johnny fucking just hugged me and if he can’t fuck it up neither can you.” I replied.

He shook his head and smiled, approaching me and hugging me gently. When he pulled away I looked at the door trying to see if anyone else was there but I didn’t see anyone.

“They’re downstairs in the cafeteria. They’ll be up in a minute.” Johnny said seeing me looking.

As if on cue Matt, Jimmy and Brian walked in. A split second later I was wrapped in a set of arms again but this time they were Brian’s. The moment his familiar scent filled my nose the tears started. I could tell that Brian was crying too because his shoulders were shaking with sobs.

“Oh god Joey I missed you.” he said his voice thick.

“I missed you too Dad.” I replied.

He pulled back and looked at me, “Y-You called me Dad.” he said.

“I guess I did. That’s alright isn’t it?” I asked.

“Baby girl it’s more than alright.” he said and pulled me into his arms again.

I smiled and hugged him back as good as I could with my cast and bandaged ribs. I don’t know how long we sat like that but when we pulled away only Jimmy sat in the room.

He sat smiling at us in a chair on the other side of the room, “Aww…how sweet.” he said.

“So I don’t get a hug from my uncle?” I asked with a fake pout.

He laughed and bounced over to the bed and hugged me. He too held onto me for a few moments before moving back to sit on the bed on the opposite side of Dad.

“So what happened? Where have you been?” Dad asked.

I sighed, “I’ve been everywhere. I lived in Canada for awhile, then a little over eight months ago we moved here. And five months ago Mom died.” I replied my eyes lowering from theirs.

“She died?” Jimmy asked.

I nodded, “I was sick, she went out to get me medicine and then she was hit by a car on the way back. She was in a coma for four days before Brad had her taken off life support.” I said.

Both Dad and Uncle Jimmy were quiet for a few moments, both lost in their own thoughts at the fact that Mom was gone. Yes she’d been a total bitch but they’d both cared about her on some level. They were in the same boat I was, they had bittersweet feelings for Rebbeka Chandler-Wilson.

Finally Dad sighed, “Well I’m glad that you’re okay and that you’re back with us.” he said.

“Me too. So I’m guessing the paramedic called you?” I asked.

Uncle Jimmy nodded, “They said that they had a girl that claimed to be my niece and when they said your name I grabbed Syn and we got here as fast as we could.” he replied.

“How did the police even know to come to my house? I mean it’s not like the neighbors haven’t ever heard my screams before.” I replied bitterly.

“That’s where that friend of yours…Tyfany…heard you over the phone screaming so she called the cops.” Dad replied.

That’s when I remembered that I had been talking to Tyfany when Brad had started in on me. I had lost the phone without hanging up. I’d never been more grateful for Tyfany that I was right now.

“I’m just so glad that we were still in Jersey. We had a show in town that night.” Dad replied.

“I know. I was there.” I replied.

“I knew it!” Dad said.

Both Jimmy and I looked at him, “I thought I saw you but I wasn’t sure it was you because you ran off so fast. Why?” Brian asked.

In all the chaos that had occurred with Brad I had forgotten about what I’d seen at the concert. Instantly my heart dropped into my stomach and I felt like crying again.

“Michelle’s pregnant.” I said.

“How did you find out? We haven’t told anyone but the band.” Dad asked.

“I can read lips.” I replied and Dad nodded.

“Why did you run off though?” Jimmy asked.

“I thought that you wouldn’t want me anymore. That Michelle would have the baby and you’d have a family and not want me anymore.” I replied.

“That’s what you though? Joey I could never not want you. I’ve wanted you with me since that day I drove you to school. I love you and no baby is going to change that. I will love you no more or no less than I do now.” Dad said and pulled me to him.

“I love you Dad.” I said.

It was weird I’d never said that to another person. I’d never told Mom or Brad or Charlotte that. Now I was safe though and he loved me.

“I love you too baby.” he said and kissed the top of my head.

There was a knock on the door and a man in white coat came in, “Good to see you’re up Ms. Chandler. I’m Dr. Hanson. How are you feeling?” he asked with a smile.

“I’m okay.” I replied.

He nodded and moved over to the bed. Dad and Jimmy moved so that the doctor could look me over. He did a few simple tests, checked my IV and things like that making notes in his chart.

When he was done he closed the chart and looked at Dad, “You’re her father correct?” he asked.

“Yes sir.” Dad replied.

“Well it looks like Joey is healing just fine. She’ll have to stay in the hospital for a few more days, just for observation. I’d like her to see a psychologist while she’s here just to make sure she doesn’t have any lasting effects from the abuse but other than that she should be okay. We got the results back from the tests and it is a full match. We delivered them to the attorney and all the documents have been filled out.” The doctor said and with that he left.

“Test? What tests?” I asked.

“Since my name isn’t on your birth certificate and your mother never mentioned Jimmy on anything about you we had to take a DNA test to prove that you were related to us. My attorney filled out some paper work and now you’re officially my daughter.” Dad said coming to sit by me on the bed.

“Really? Like it’s official? What about my last name?” I asked.

“Your last name? Well if you want we can get it change when we go back to California.” he said.

“California?” I asked.

“Yeah Gena and Lacey decided to fly out so they could set up your room.”

“What about your tour?” I asked.

“It’s been postponed for the time being. You’re more important than touring and the fans understand that.” Jimmy said.

I nodded and leaned my head against Dad. Before I could stop it a yawn escaped my mouth.

“Tired baby?” he asked.

“Sorta.” I replied which was a lie, I was actually exhausted but didn’t want to stop talking to Dad and Uncle Jimmy.

“Yeah right. Why don’t we leave you alone and let you get some rest?” Dad said and stood up.

“No! I just found you guys again. I don’t want to miss anything.” I said.

Jimmy smiled, “Kiddo you need to rest.” he said.

“If you want we’ll stay in here with you but you need your sleep.” Dad said.

“Fine but both of you had better sleep too. You guys look like the walking dead.” I replied.

They both smiled and shook their heads but nonetheless sat down in the chairs by the window. I smiled to myself as I looked at my new family. I loved them more than I could ever explain and with that thought I fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally got this done! This took 10 times longer than I wanted it to but i woke up this morning and i was sick as all hell. Anyhow thanks for all the reviews and please keep them up!