Sequel: Family Ties
Status: Done! Please check out the sequel!

Welcome to the Family

Welcome To The Family

*8 Months Later*

I opened my eyes to my alarm clock beeping loudly in my ear. At first I was a little miffed at being woken up but then I remembered why I was being woken up and I was wide awake. It was my 17th birthday. I turned and began to poke the form under the covers beside me.

“Tyfany! Tyfany Green get your ass up!” I said poking her.

For a special gift Dad and Mom had flown Tyfany in from Jersey for my birthday. They hadn’t told me until we drove into the arrivals section of the airport. She’d been here for a week now and was going home the day after tomorrow.

“No!” she wined and buried herself deeper into blankets.

“Bitch! This is my birthday wake the hell up!” I said and pulled the blankets off.

“Fine.” She grumbled and sat up in bed.

As soon as she did so the door burst open and suddenly I was tackled to the bed by two bodies.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! YOU BELONG IN A ZOO! YOU LOOK LIKE A MONKEY AND YOU SMELL LIKE ONE TOO!” Jimmy and Johnny sang loudly.

“Oh my god you two need psychiatric help! Get off of me!” I laughed.

“Never! Now it’s time for your birthday spankings!” Johnny yelled.

“Oh fuck no!” I said and managed to squirm out of their grasp.

I ran out of my room and down the stairs. I could hear Johnny and Jimmy’s voices from behind me along with Tyfany’s laughter. Some friend she was. I saw Dad making something to eat in the kitchen and jumped at him.

“SAVE ME!” I screamed and jumped at him.

He caught me in his arms and looked at the others as they ran into the kitchen, “What the hell is going on?” he asked.

“We’re trying to give Joey her birthday spankings.” Jimmy replied.

Dad rolled his eyes, “Just let her be okay? Take it out on Johnny.” he said.

Johnny’s eyes grew wide as Uncle Jimmy looked down at him.

“FUCK YOU HANER!” Johnny said taking off through the house with Jimmy on his heels, a pink fly swatter he’d grabbed off the wall in hand.

“Thank you Dad.” I said as he sat me down.

“Anytime kiddo. Happy Birthday.” he said and gave me a hug and a kiss on the head.

“Thanks.” I replied

“So when’s your appointments?” Dad asked as Tyfany and I began to pour ourselves some cereal.

“Nails are at 2, hair’s at 3:30 and then we’ll get home at about 5 and get ready from there.” I said.

He nodded and sipped his coffee, “I guess you’re going to need the car right?” he asked.

“Unless you wanna drive us around since Mom’s to big to get behind the wheel.” I said with a smile.

He sighed and with a smile tossed me a set of keys. I caught them but noticed something was weird. I looked down and saw a silver ‘J’ on the keychain and the key wasn’t the one to the Escalade.

“What’s this?” I asked.

Dad shrugged, “Why don’t you go out and see?” he asked.

Tyfany and I looked at each other and took off for the front door. I flung it open and screamed as I saw what was sitting in the driveway. It was a black Volkswagen Jetta.

“Holy shit!” I screamed.

“So I guess you like it?” Mom asked coming out of the house, her hands resting on her 8 ½ month pregnant belly.

“Like it? I have my own fucking car! I love it!” I said and ran over giving her and Dad a hug.

“I’m glad now you two had better go get dressed if you’re going to make all the stuff you want to do today. Happy birthday honey.” Mom said and I hugged her and Dad again before Tyfany and I hurried up to my room, jumping over Johnny who was lying at the foot of the stairs attempting to wrestle the fly swatter from Jimmy.

“You are so fucking lucky you know that?” Tyfany said as she pulled on a pair of shorts.

“I’m just happy that I won’t have to borrow Dad’s car anymore.” I replied.

After we were dressed we grabbed our purses and headed down to my new car. We climbed in and I took in the new car smell. It was perfect. I put my key in the ignition and Tyfany slipped in a Bullet For My Valentine CD and ‘Your Betrayal’ began to play.

We headed to the nail place and got our fingers and toes done. I picked a metallic silver and Tyfany chose a metallic gold since they’d match our shoes for later that night. Once they were done we headed to the salon to our hair appointments.

Tyfany had hers straightened and put in an up do she’d picked out of a magazine. It was kinda half up and half down with some sort of bump thing on the top of her head. I chose just to have my hair curled and pinned back.

When our hair wad done we headed home and got dressed. We’d gone out the day before and picked out our dresses. Tyfany was still having a hard time believing that Mom and Dad had picked up the tab for all of our stuff plus her trip out her and the one back. I knew exactly why they had though and just thinking about it made me smile.

When I’d moved in with them I had told them all about Tyfany. I explained that she was the only person that had kept me from totally losing it in Jersey. She had been the one that had helped me hide the bruises and came and got me when it was too much. They were grateful for everything and were more than happy to do this kind of stuff.

We did our make-up in the bathroom mirror before separating to get dressed. I slipped into the strapless teal dress that I’d picked out and a necklace from my jewelry box as we listened to a mix of songs from Tyfany’s Ipod. Suddenly ‘New Perspective’ by Panic! At The Disco came on and I started dancing, Tyfany joining in, both of us singing loudly.

I feel the salty waves come in
I feel them crash against my skin
And I smile as I respire because I know they'll never win
There's a haze above my TV
That changes everything I see
And maybe if I continue watching
I'll lose the traits that worry me

Can we fast-forward to go down on me?
Stop there and let me correct it
I wanna live a life from a new perspective
You come along because I love your face
And I'll admire your expensive taste
And who cares divine intervention
I wanna be praised from a new perspective
But leaving now would be a good idea
So catch me up on getting out of here

Taking everything for granted but we still respect the time
We move along with some new passion knowing everything is fine
And I would wait and watch the hours fall in a hundred separate lines
But I regain repose and wonder how I ended up inside

Can we fast-forward to go down on me?
Stop there and let me correct it
I wanna live a life from a new perspective
You come along because I love your face
and I'll admire your expensive taste
And who cares divine intervention
I wanna be praised from a new perspective
But leaving now would be a good idea
So catch me up on getting out of here

More to the point, I need to show
How much I can come and go
Other plans fell through
And put a heavy load on you
I know there's no more that need be said
When I'm inching through your bed
Take a look around instead and watch me go

Stop there and let me correct it
I wanna live a life from a new perspective
You come along because I love your face
and I'll admire your expensive taste
And who cares divine intervention
I wanna be praised from a new perspective
But leaving now would be a good idea
So catch me up on getting out of here

It's not fair, just let me perfect it
Don't wanna live a life that was comprehensive
'cause seeing clear would be a bad idea
Now catch me up on getting out of here
So catch me up I'm getting out of here


The song ended and there was clapping. I turned and saw Mom, Dad, Uncle Jimmy, Aunt Leana with my 7 month old cousin Dasha standing in the doorway. Tyfany and I took and bow with a laugh.

“So are you going to do an encore or are we going to head out to your birthday dinner?” Dad asked.

“Well I was thinking encore but I’m starving. What about you Tyfany?” I asked turning to my friend.

She nodded, “Food sounds amazing.”

“Good are you going to drive your car?” Mom asked.

“Yep. We just have to put our heels on.” I said.

Once we finished dressing we headed out. I drove to La Bella, my favorite Italian restaurant. Mom and Dad had booked half of the restaurant for our crew. There were going to be 15 of us including Dasha, Zacky’s brother Matt and his girlfriend Sasha.

I parked my car and we headed inside to find that everyone was already inside. I was greeted and hugged by everyone before I could sit down. We ordered food and while we waited I opened the gifts.

Zacky and Gena gave me a leather bound sketch book since I’d recently taken up drawing and a set of pencils. From Johnny and Lacey I got a beautiful watch that I knew Lacey had picked out since Johnny had no clue about jewelry. Next was Matt and Val’s gift which was a purple laptop which I needed since my other one had died a painful death when I’d tripped and it had fallen out of my open bedroom window. Matt and Sasha gave me a leather guitar strap with my name embroidered in purple. Finally was Jimmy and Leana’s gift which was a pink elephant so ‘Boogie wouldn’t be lonely’ and a necklace with a small silver Deathbat charm and diamond eyes.

I thanked everyone for the gifts before digging into my chicken fettuccini. It was my favorite dish.

When we were all done the waiter brought out a cake and lit the candles. Everyone started singing ‘Happy Birthday’ when suddenly there was a cry from the end of the table.

All eyes turned to Mom who’s eyes were wide, “I-I think my water just broke!” she said.

Suddenly the calm and happy atmosphere turned into a chaotic one as everyone freaked. Dad and Matt were helping Mom up as Val freaked out over her sister having a baby. Everyone else was trying to help too blocking my way as I tried to get over to my parents.

I managed to get over to them, “Just breathe Mom.” I said taking her hand and following her and Dad out to the car.

“I’m sorry that I ruined your birthday honey.” she said looking at me.

“Are you insane? I got a car and a little brother or sister for my birthday. What else could I ask for?” I said and she laughed and smiled at me.

“Joey are you riding with them?” Matt asked and I nodded.

“I gave Tyfany my keys. She’s going to drive my car over to the hospital.” I replied.

We got into the car and hurried to the hospital. When we got there Dad went inside and got a wheelchair as I helped Mom into it. We pushed her up to the maternity floor and I took my place in the waiting room to wait for the others.

They arrived shortly after and about 3 hours after they arrived so did my baby brother. Toby David Haner weighed in at 7lbs 8oz and had a full head of dark hair. As I held my little brother who I shared a birthday with I couldn’t help but smile. I had everything I’d ever wanted.

I looked around at the family that I’d come to love. Yeah they were all insane but they were mine. I finally looked down at the baby in my arms and smiled, “Welcome to the family.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes! It's done! This story is now considered compleated because this is the last chapter for it. However i have sequel which i am planning on posting sometime tonight. It will be entitled 'Family Ties' so be on the lookout for it! Thanks to everyone who reviewed for this story because when i started it I wasn't sure if i was going to keep it up. Thanks!!!

Pre-Birthday Errands
Birthday Outfits