Sequel: Family Ties
Status: Done! Please check out the sequel!

Welcome to the Family

Rain

I was happy that Brad wasn’t too mad when I got home. The only thing he did was yell at me for an hour about wandering around the neighborhood. As punishment I wasn’t allowed to leave the house for three days which was the amount of time before my first day of school.

I woke up the morning of my first day of school and the first thing I heard was the pitter patter of rain. I sighed and got out of bed, heading upstairs to grab breakfast. I could already smell the coffee from the top of the stairs and it woke me up just a little bit more.

However when I opened the door I found the kitchen in front of me deserted.

“Any one home?” I called and walked to the stairs.

“Mom? Brad? Anyone home?” I yelled up the stairs.

Confused I walked back into the kitchen and that’s when I saw it. It was a note messily written in Mom’s hand.

Joey,
Both Brad and I had to go into work early. You’re going to have to walk to school, but don’t worry it’s only a few blocks away. After school just take the bus. I left some coffee for you in the pot and there are donuts in the fridge. I’m looking forward to hearing all about your new school. I love you.
Mom


I sighed as I looked out the window. I was going to have to walk to school in that? Wonderful.

I poured myself a cup of coffee and grabbed a powder sugar donut from the fridge before heading back downstairs to get ready to go.

I sorted through my clothes before choosing my favorite jeans, my Motley Crue Shirt, and my red and black checkered Vans. After I was dressed I ran my straightner over my hair and applied my eyeliner carefully. I looked at the clock and saw that I had 30 minutes before school started and since I was walking I had to move my ass.

I grabbed a random hoodie from my closet, swung my book bag onto my back and found my umbrella. With my phone in hand and my ipod in my ears I pulled my hood up and headed out into the rain.

The rain was pouring like a mother fucker as I walked in in moments my shoes were soaked through. With every soggy step I took I silently cursed Brad and Mom. I couldn’t believe that they would leave me to walk to my first day of school in the pouring rain. This was such bullshit.

I hadn’t gotten down the road very far when there was a honking behind me. I turned and saw a car slowing behind me. I quickened my pace and didn’t look back.

“Joey! Hey! Joey!” someone in the car called.

I looked back and saw Synyster Gates with his head out the window. He pulled the car to a stop beside me.

“Hi.” I said with a smile.

“Hey. What the hell are you doing walking in the rain like this?” he asked.

“Uh…I’m fifteen so I usually go to school on a Monday.” I replied.

“But you’re walking there in the rain?” he asked.

“Well my parents had to go to work early and there’s no one else to take me.” I said.

“Well there is now. Get in.” he said nodding to the passenger side.

“I really couldn’t. I mean you’re probably going somewhere important. You don’t need to take me to school.” I said.

He sighed, “Joey just get in the car please? You’re going to get sick out there. C’mon.” he said.

I sighed, “You’re not going to give up on this are you?”

“Nope.”

After rolling my eyes I walked to the other side of the car, put my umbrella down and climbed inside.

It was warm inside his car and I was happy to be out of the rain. I unzipped my hoodie and peeled it off, stuffing it in my backpack.

“Thanks for the ride.” I said with a smile.

“No problem.” he replied.

We rode in silence for a few moments before laughed, “What?” I asked.

“I just realized I have no clue what school you go to.” he said.

“Oh! Huntington High.” I said.

“Really? That’s where me and the guys went.” he said.

“I know.” I said and instantly regretted it, I sounded like a creepy fan chick.

“So where’d you move from?” Synyster asked.

“Indiana.” I replied.

“Indiana? Really?” he asked his eyes wide.

I nodded, “My Step-Dad Brad got transferred out here. So Mom and I followed. I have a sister who’s coming soon.” I said.

He gave me a look that I couldn’t read and turned back to the road.

“What do you do for fun?” he asked after a few more silent minutes.

“Well…I listen to music and play guitar. “ I said.

“Really? You any good?”

I shrugged, “I’m alright. I mean I’m no Claudio Sanchez, Ray Toro or Synyster Gates.” I smirked.

He laughed, “Well no one can be as good as Synyster Gates. I hear he’s pretty badass.”

“Eh…he’s good but I’ve heard better. “ I laughed.

He just shook his head, “Hey we’ve got about 20 minuets to kill before you have to be at school. Do you want to go grab some Starbucks?” he asked.

“Sure.” I said.

We stopped at the Starbucks. I reached into my pocket to pay for my drink only to find that Synyster had already paid for it. I thanked him on the way out.

“No problem. You looked like you could’ve used it.” he said.

We sat in a comfortable silence for the rest of the trip to my school. He drove me to the front and dropped me off.

“Thanks…uh…” I said not sure what to call him.

“Brian.” he said.

“Thanks Brian.” I said.

“Hey if it’s still raining do you want me to come pick you up?” he asked.

“Oh it’s okay. I don’t want to be a bother.” I said.

“No issue. Besides if I can’t pick you up I can probably get Jimmy or Johnny to swing by.” he said.

“Okay. Thanks.” I said and closed the door and headed into the school.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short and i'm sorry :/ however the next chapter will be longer. Thanks to everyone who reviewd. Please keep the reviews coming and I'll keep the updates coming too.

Joey's Outfit