Sequel: Family Ties
Status: Done! Please check out the sequel!

Welcome to the Family

Gaming, Pools, Sleepover and Revelations

The next three weeks passed by pretty uneventfully. I spent the hours after school at Brian’s and always made it home in time to make dinner for Mom and Brad.

Charlotte had decided to stay in Florida for a few more weeks and that was fine with me. The less that she was around the better. I couldn’t stand the little brat.

However when I woke up on the fourth week everything changed.

I woke to the sound of rushed feet in the kitchen at the top of my stairs. I looked at my clock and saw that I still had another three hours before I had to go to school. Grumbling to myself about being woken up prematurely I climbed out of bed and went to see what all the hubbub was about.

Upon reaching the kitchen landing I saw Mom and Brad rushing about to and from the kitchen. Brad was talking rapidly on the phone and Mom was walking about still half asleep.

“What’s going on?” I asked.

Mom stopped and looked at me, realizing that I was awake for the first time, “Oh Joey! I was just about to come wake you up! Brad’s father had a stroke earlier this morning and they don’t know if he’s going to make it. We’re flying out in an hours time.” Mom said.

“An hour?!? I haven’t packed or anything.” I said, my brain reeling.

“You don’t need to. I talked to Brad and told him how important your school is since it just started and you’re in a new place. He said that you can stay here but you’ll have to behave. Go to school the whole nine yards. We‘ll be calling your school everyday to make sure you‘re going. I understand that today we woke you up so you may stay home today but tomorrow I expect you to be in class.” Mom said.

I couldn’t believe that they were going to let me stay at home by myself, “I promise! I’ll behave.” I said.

Mom gave me a small smile, “Good.” she said.

“Rebekka! Let’s go! The taxi’s here!” Brad yelled.

“Coming dear.” Mom called and headed to the front door.

I followed to tell them good-bye and Brad cornered me, “Listen here girl you had better behave. I’m being a saint for letting you fucking stay here alone. If I hear that you’ve stepped out of line once while we’re gone your ass if fucking grass do you hear me?” Brad hissed at me.

I nodded and kept my mouth shut. I wasn’t going to mouth off at him now. I was getting to stay home while they went and dealt with Brad’s parents and such.

I watched as their car disappeared into the dark morning before literally sprinting back into the house. I was alone. I didn’t have to go to school. I didn’t know when they’d be back and frankly I didn’t care! However the hyperness decided to die down and I headed back to bed and moments later I was asleep.

I woke four hours later to my phone ringing loudly. Realizing that it was on the other side of the room I mentally slapped myself before getting out of bed.

I picked up my phone and hit send, “Hello?” I asked stifling a yawn.

“Joey! Where are you?!?” Brian’s voice came through the earpiece.

“Shit! Sorry Brian I forgot to message you. My parents had to go out of town early this morning. They said I could stay home from school today.” I said.

I heard sigh, “Oh okay. I thought you’d gotten kidnapped or some shit.” he said.

I laughed, “Geez Brian don’t have a aneurism. I’m just catching up on sleep.” I replied.

“Well if you get bored feel free to stop by.” he said.

“Aren’t you and ‘Chelle getting tired of hanging out with a fifteen year old girl?” I asked.

“Nah…you’re like a kid sister or something. Beside’s Michelle says its nice to have a girl to hang out with when the other girls are busy.” he replied.

I laughed, “Well I’m going back to sleep. If I get bored I’ll be sure to stop by okay?” I said.

“Yeah. Sweet dreams hon.” and he hung up.

I crawled back into bed and pulled the covers under my chin. I laid there with my eyes closed but after about 20 minuets of attempting to fall back to sleep I realized that I wasn’t going to. So once again I climbed out of bed and headed upstairs to find something to do.

After searching the kitchen I found that I had enough stuff to make cupcakes. I loved baking so I got right to it. Twenty minuets later I stood in the kitchen icing the yellow cupcakes in front of me. Once all of them were frosted I added sprinkles and smiled at my work.

However it had only eaten up a short part of the day that lay ahead of me and left me with a shit load of cupcakes that I most likely wouldn’t be able to finish. Turning I saw my phone lying on the counter and Brian’s words rang in my ears. I smiled to myself and skipped downstairs to get dressed.

I grabbed a quick shower before pulling a bikini out of my drawer and putting it on. Most of the time I was at Brian’s we ended up in the pool so I figured that instead of wearing one of Michelle’s bathing suits I could wear one of mine for once. All the bruises had healed and I wasn’t afraid to wear a two piece again.

After I had my bathing suit on I pulled on jeans, a striped tank top and black Vans and Black Veil Brides bracelet. Throwing my hair into a messy ponytail, I headed upstairs to wrap the cupcakes up and call Brian.

“Hello?” Brian’s voice came through the phone.

“Hey it’s me I was wondering if that offer to chill at your place was still open?” I asked.

“Sure. C’mon over but just be warned that Matt’s here.” Brian replied.

“Okay…why would that be an issue? Brain Elwin Haner Jr. don’t tell me that you and Matt are having a gay relationship! I knew it! Now I know how you know to call him horsecock.” I fake gasped.

“You’ve got a sick mind kid.” Brian laughed.

“Yeah well I listen to some pretty fucked up music, ever heard of a band called Avenged Sevenfold? Those guys are pretty bad ass.” I replied.

“Eh they’re okay. But anyhow Matt brought over Call of Duty and well…it get’s pretty heated just to warn you.” he said, the smile in his voice obvious.

“Hmm…well I’m coming over anyhow. Oh and tell Mattie that he’d better be ready to get his ass kicked.” I said and before Brian could ask any questions hung up my phone.

Once the cupcakes were covered I gathered everything that I needed. I grabbed my Skelanimals shaped book bag and shoved my phone and all the other stuff I usually carried like my wallet and such inside. Then I rummaged through the few boxes that I’d still been too lazy to unpack and found my favorite video game and tucked it inside as well.

I put on my aviators, grabbed my bag and the cupcakes and headed out. The walk to Brian’s house took about five minuets but I heard Matt screaming from three houses away.

I knocked on the door and a moment later Val answered the door.

“Hey! C’mon in.” she said with a smile and I followed her in.

“What’s that?” she asked.

“Oh! I made cupcakes! I was bored and when I get bored I bake.” I shrugged.

Val shook her head, “If that was my issue I’d be a big as a house.”

“What about a house?” Michelle asked as she walked into the hall way.

“Joey made cupcakes cause she was bored and I told her if I had that issue I’d be huge.” Val replied.

“Ah. Yes indeed. C’mon we’ll got put those in the kitchen and then go watch the guys play video games.” Michelle said.

We sat the cupcakes on the kitchen counter and each took one along with a glass of milk before heading into the living room. Matt, Zacky and Brian were concentrated on the TV, each with a controller in hand and a earpiece in one ear.

We took a seat on the couch and watched them, “Where’s Gena?” I asked realizing she was missing.

“She’s at the store getting stuff for dinner. She’s going to cook us all dinner so you’re butt better be here child.” Val replied.

“No problem my parents are in Florida.” I replied taking a long swig of my milk.

“Really? How long?” Michelle asked.

I shrugged, “I don’t know. They gave me their debit card, told me to go to school and left.” I replied.

“You’re parents left you home alone for god knows how long while they’re in Florida? You do realize that it’s on the other side of the country don’t you?” Val said her eyes wide.

“Yeah and I can handle myself Val. I’m a big girl.” I replied.

Val sighed, “I guess. But if you have any issue you’d better call one of us. Got it?” she asked.

I rolled my eyes, “Yes.”

Val nodded as if that was satisfactory and went back to watching the guys. Soon though I grew bored. My eyes found the wrappers of the cupcakes we’d just consumed sitting on the coffee table in front of us. Smiling to myself I picked one of them up and crumpled it into a little ball before launching it my closest target, Zacky.

The little paper bounced off his head and he didn’t even twitch. Frowning I took the next one and repeated and got the same results. After all three wrappers were gone I picked up my empty plastic cup and hurled this at him.

He jumped as it hit the side of his head, “What the fuck?”

I burst out laughing as did Michelle and Val who’d been watching intently.

“I’m sorry Zacky you guys were just so serious sitting there. I couldn’t resist.” I replied breathless from laughing.

Zacky looked down and saw the little cupcakes papers that were balled up around him, “What the hell are these?” he asked

“Cupcake papers.” I replied.

“Where did you get cupcakes?”

“If you guys had paid any attention, Joey made a whole bunch and brought them over.” Val replied.

“Why didn’t you tell me? Hey guys! Guys!” Zacky said nudging Brian and Matt.

“What the fuck do you want Vengeance?” Matt asked gruffly not taking his eyes off the screen.

“Fresh cupcakes in the kitchen.” Zacky replied.

“Fuck this shit.” Brian said and tossed the controller to the floor and he and Zacky went to find the cupcakes in the kitchen.

Both men appeared a few minuets later with a cupcake in each hand. They sat on the other couch in Brian’s living room to devour them.

“So Joey you’re parents are out of town?” Brian asked through a mouthful of cupcake.

“Yeah they’re in Florida.” I replied.

“And they left you home alone? At fifteen? While they‘re on the other coast?” he asked his voice unbelieving.

“Will you guys chill out? Jesus it’s not like they abandoned me or some shit! They’re coming back!” I replied.

“That’s not the point Joey! You’re a kid!” Brian replied.

“Brian, calm down! I’m only five houses away from you if something happens I’ll call you alright? I already promised Val that I would.” I said.

“Okay but you’d better.” Brian replied but I had a feeling that this conversation was far from over.

“Hey Joey do you have any gum?” Michelle asked.

“Yeah look in my Skelanimals bag.” I replied.

She disappeared into the kitchen and came back a few minuets later the game I’d brought, Tekken 4, in hand.

“What’s this?” she asked.

“Oh! I brought that over. I heard that Matt was causing a bunch of chaos over here with his game and I thought I’d bring one of mine over and let him see how good he does against a teen girl.” I said with a laugh.

“Oh I have got to see this. Matt get the fuck off that game for a minuet.” Zacky said.

“What? Hell no.” Matt replied.

“Please you can play that at home. Now get off the game, Joey just challenged you manhood.” Brian replied.

Matt raised his eyebrows and looked back at me. I stuck my tongue out at him and a smile crossed his face.

“Fine let’s go. What game?” he asked.

I took the game from Michelle and walked over to the TV. I rearranged the cords so that the correct system was hooked up before putting in the game. I handed Matt one of the controllers and sat on the floor beside him.

“It’s Tekken 4. Ever heard of it?” I asked.

“Most people have.” Matt smirked.

“Yeah well I beat the shit outta most people on this game so get ready to have your ass kicked Shadows.” I said.

“You’re on little girl.” he replied.

We started the game and sat through the long ass intro before picking the verses round and picking our characters. I picked Ling Xiaoyu. She was my favorite character and the only one that I played with. Matt picked King || which didn’t surprise me because King was one of the buffest dudes in the game.

The game started and a plan came to mind. I decided that I’d go easy on Matt for the first game and let him beat me. When he did he smirked at me and I pretended to be pissed before challenging him to another game.

This time I massacred him getting three perfect rounds. After I won the game, the controller dropped from his hands and he looked stunned at the TV.

“Y-You totally fucking psyched me out!” he said turning to me after a moment.

“Yeah pretty much.” I replied.

“Another round!” he demanded.

I opened my mouth to say yes but suddenly Gena came in the door. Her arms laden with bags from the super market.

“Uh…little bit of help?” she asked.

“Coming!” I said and jumped up and grabbed a couple of bags.

We carried the bags to the kitchen and put a few things away.

“So what are you making for dinner?” I asked.

“Chicken Parmesan, a salad and garlic bread.” Gena smiled.

“Yum!” I replied.

“So I take it I’m not going to have to beg you to stay tonight.” she said.

“Nope my parent’s are out of town.” I replied.

“How long?” she asked.

I just shrugged and popped open a diet coke. She smiled a little and nodded and continued to put things away.

I heard the front door open again and a moment later I was swept off of my feet. My coke went flying across the room, splattering everywhere. I looked down at the hands that were wrapped around my waist from behind and noticed the familiar tattoos.

“Jimmy put me the fuck down!” I snapped since I was covered in soda and therefore not in the mood to be flung around like a rag doll.

“I’m sorry.” Jimmy said setting me down and sticking his lip out in a pout.

I couldn’t resist the pout.

“I’m sorry I yelled Jimmy but you scared the shit out of me and now I’m covered in cola.” I replied wrapping my arms around his waist.

Jimmy wrapped his arms around me as well and behind his back I motioned for Gena to hand me another Soda.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to make you spill your drink.” he said.

“I know Jimmy. And I now I have to get you back.” I said and before he could do anything I dumped the soda that Gena had just handed me over his head.

“Oh now it’s on little girl!” Jimmy laughed and I took off out of the kitchen.

“You’ll never take me alive!” I screamed as I ran through the living room, the others laughing like crazy.

Jimmy was taller than me but I was pretty quick and without the long limbs I was able to bob and weave easier than he could. I ran from the living room back into the kitchen and out into the back yard. Without the furniture to slow him down Jimmy was right on my heels.

I saw Johnny, who must have just arrived, come out of the house and I ran straight for him, “Johnny save me!” I screeched and jumped at him.

I don’t know how but Johnny caught me even if was awkward since I’m taller than him by 2 inches, “What’s going on?” he asked looking at me then Jimmy.

Both of us began to yell at the same time and Johnny just shook his head, “One at a time!”

“Joey poured soda on me!” Jimmy wined like a three year old.

“Only because you made me get my soda everywhere!” I replied sticking my tongue out at him.

“Yeah well you-” Jimmy started but Johnny cut him off.

“Both of you cut it out! Now Jimmy quit chasing poor little Joey.” Johnny scolded Jimmy.

Jimmy gave him a look like he was crazy but then Johnny looked at me, “Joey you quit spilling drinks on the Rev.” he replied

“Fine.” I grumbled.

Johnny sat me down, “Now you two shake hands.” Johnny said all authoritative.

I looked at Jimmy who smiled and extended his hand. I took it and looked up at him and saw him give a tiny nod toward Johnny then the pool. I smiled wickedly and before Johnny knew what had happened both Jimmy and I had grabbed him.

“What the fuck? Put me down you fuckers!” Johnny screamed.

“Nevah!” Jimmy and I yelled at the same time and threw him into the pool.

Johnny surfaced a few moments later, his Mohawk falling in his face, sputtering water. Both Jimmy and I collapsed on the ground laughing our asses off.

“It’s not funny!” Johnny yelled.

Suddenly Johnny lunged at the two of us, grabbed our shirts and pulled us with him into the pool. I screamed as my body hit the cold water.

As I came to the top I saw everyone run out back and look at the three of us floating in the water.

“What’s with all the screaming?” Michelle asked.

I looked at Johnny and Jimmy, “Pool party?” I asked.

We swam to the side of the pool and climbed out.

“No swimsuits?” Lacey asked.

“I’m wearing one.” I said and pulled off my tank top and jeans, revealing my bikini.

“And you two?” Val asked.

Both guys shrugged and stripped off their clothes leaving them in their boxers. With that the three of us jumped back into the pool leaving the other shaking their heads.

By the time that Johnny, Jimmy and I climbed out of the pool again Gena had made dinner and was bringing it out to the table. I wrapped a towel around myself and went to help only to be shooed back outside to sit.

I took a seat and Jimmy came up and sat down beside me with Leana on his other side. I watched as he pulled a bottle of wine toward him and poured some in his and Leana’s glasses.

“Want some?” Jimmy asked.

“Jimmy I’m fifteen.” I replied.

“So? You‘ve never drank before?” he shrugged.

“Well yeah but I’m underage.” I said.

“You’re also here with responsible adults and one glass isn’t going to kill you.” Jimmy replied.

“And the others are okay with this?” I asked.

Jimmy sighed, “Does anyone here mind if I let Joey have a glass of wine?” he asked and to my amazement everyone shrugged.

“See. Now do you want some?” he asked.

“Sure.” I said with a smile and he filled my glass.

Gena sat the food down on the table and the lot of us dug in. The chicken was really good and so was the garlic bread. The conversation was lively as we ate and it continued past the time we were done eating.

I offered to help Gena take the dishes in and collected the glasses while she got the plates. I was setting them in the sink when someone tapped me on the shoulder. I turned and found Brian standing behind me.

“Listen Joey. I’ve been thinking about you staying home alone and I really don’t like it. I know that you’re fifteen and you say you can handle it but well since I met you I’ve felt some sort of responsibility for you. I don’t want you home alone. So I was wondering if you’d like to stay here? If you want I’ll call your parents and ask them and-” but I cut him off.

“You’re not going to drop this are you?” I asked.

“Not a chance kiddo.” he laughed.

“Fine I’ll stay here for a couple of nights.” I relented. I was a little tipsy from the wine and didn’t feel like arguing.

“Great. C’mon and we’ll go grab some of your stuff from your house.” he said.

“Okay just let me pull on my jeans and tank top.” I replied and went to grab my clothes from outside where they were drying over a chair.

I pulled them on along with my now dry shoes and headed back inside. Michelle was waiting for me by the door.

“Hey kid Brian asked me to take you over. He and the guys just got a new idea for a song or something and are downstairs in the recording studio.” she said.

“Cool.” I said and we headed over to my house.

“You sleep in the basement?” Michelle asked as we walked downstairs.

“Yeah it keeps my step-dad from bugging the shit out of me about my music.” I replied.

“I see that you really like your music don’t you?” she said looking at the posters that covered my walls.

“Yep.” I replied and started packing.

Michelle helped me pack a bag with enough clothes for a few days along with my laptop, all my chargers and my toothbrush and other toiletries. Before I left I grabbed a few things that I couldn’t live without to bring. First I grabbed my pillow since it was next to impossible to sleep without it. Next I grabbed Boogie, my stuffed elephant I’d had since I was a baby. If was going to be away from home for more than one night he had to go with me.

“Ready?” Michelle asked.

I nodded and we headed back to Brian’s.

We got back to the house and Michelle showed me the room that would be mine for a few days. It had a large window along one wall, a queen sized bed and my own bathroom.

“Do you like it?” Michelle asked.

“It’s awesome. Thanks.” I said.

“Welcome.” she replied and left.

I sighed and grabbed started sorting through my bag looking for something to wear for bed. Finally I settled on my Vengeance University t-shirt, a pair of pink basketball shorts, a pair of striped knee socks and my Nightmare Before Christmas slippers. I changed and sat back on the bed, my ipod stuffed in my ears.

‘Taste Of Ink’ by The Used began to play and I felt my body relax and my arm curl around Boogie. I didn’t hear anyone knock on the door or knew that they entered the room until someone shook my leg and I jumped.

My eyes shot open and I pulled the earbuds out of my ears, “Brian what the fuck?” I asked.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you. The guys and I were wondering if you wanted to come downstairs and hear this new thing we’re working on?” Brian said.

“Are you serious? That’d be great!” I said jumping up.

“One thing though, where did you get that?” Brian asked.

“Oh Boogie? I’ve had him since I was a baby. He was my Mom’s before I was born and she gave him to me. She said my Dad gave it to her.” I sighed, “It’s about the only thing that she told me about my Dad.”

I looked up and saw Brian with an unreadable look on his face, “Uh…Brian are you alive?” I asked.

“What? Oh yeah! Fine! C’mon let’s get down to the studio the guys are expecting you.” he said and we headed downstairs.

*Brian’s POV*

“Night Joey.” I said and the guys echoed my goodnight as my neighbor Joey headed up to the room she was staying in for a few days. Her parents had left her alone for god knows how long at fifteen years old. Since she’d moved here a few weeks before I’d developed this protective nature over her and had her stay here.

Once she was out of sight I stood up quickly, “Jimmy, bro, can I talk to you for a few moments?” I asked.

He nodded once and followed me upstairs. I opened the fridge and grabbed a beer out and popped it open. After downing a few mouthfuls I turned to Jimmy who was staring attentively at the granite countertop.

“So what’s up?” he asked as I handed him a beer.

“Rebekka.” I said.

Jimmy’s head shot up, “Rebekka?” he asked.

“Yeah. And Joey.” I replied.

“So you finally see it too.” Jimmy replied.

“See it too?” I asked looking at him.

Jimmy rolled his eyes, “Don’t tell me that you’ve been looking at that girl upstairs and don’t see the resemblance between the two of them. She looks just like her except her hair and eyes are darker.” Jimmy replied.

“Well I thought she did but then at the same time I thought it could just be a coincidence but then…” I trailed off.

“Then what?” Jimmy asked.

I’d never told Jimmy about what happened between Bekka and I. When he’d introduced us to his half sister he’d threatened to put our balls in a blender while they were still attached. I’d had no plans to go anywhere near Bekka but then we’d got to talking one day and that was it. She spent the summers and most of the breaks at Jimmy’s and slowly something had formed.

“I saw this elephant that Joey has. She said that her Dad gave it to her Mom and then her Mom gave it to her.” I said.

“Elephant? What does a stuffed animal have to do with all this?” Jimmy asked.

“Because Elephants were Bekka’s favorite animal. And I gave her one just like that about a week before she moved to Indiana with your mom.” I said.

“You gave Bekka the elephant that she gave to her daughter that was given to her by Joey’s father?” Jimmy asked.

“Yeah. That about sums it up.” I replied.

“So you’re trying to tell me that you’re Joey’s father which would mean that you had sex with my sister?!? She was 13 years old Brian!” Jimmy said his eyes wide.

“I know okay? Now can you please keep it down? Joey has no clue and I don’t want her to unless I can prove it.” I hissed.

“Sorry but seriously? You had sex with my younger sister? What the hell man? I mean when did you get the chance I watched her like hawk when she was here!” Jimmy said.

I sighed and the memories came flooding back.

*15 years earlier*

The sun was setting but the sand was still warm underneath me. A short ways away the guys were gathered around the bonfire completely hammered. I however was enjoying some alone time over here by myself.

“Brian? What are you doing over here by yourself?” I looked up and saw Jimmy’s 13 year old sister Rebekka coming over.

She was beautiful. She had blond hair that fell to her waist and the brightest blue eyes I’d seen. Just like Jimmy’s but unlike his I could get lost in hers. I’d been in love with her for over a year now but I knew that she didn’t feel the same way bout me as I did about her.

Bekka was the whole reason that we were out here tonight. Tomorrow she was leaving for Indiana permanently. Usually she spent the holidays with Jimmy since their mom wanted her to get to know her half brother. However after tomorrow she was going to stay there.

“Nothing really. Just watching the sun set.” I replied and took a long draft of my drink.

“It’s beautiful. I think this is the second thing I’m going to miss the most.” she said with a sad sigh.

“Second thing? What’s the first? Jimmy?” I asked.

She smiled a small smile, “No Brian the first thing I’m going to miss the most is you.” I she said and I froze.

She took my silence the wrong way, “I shouldn’t have told you that. You probably think that I’m just some loser now. I’ll just go back to the others.” she said and started to stand but I caught her wrist.

“Bekka…I love you.” I said.

I watched as her eyes lit up in the dying sun and she sat back down, “I love you too Brian.” she said and leaned forward.

Before I could do anything else she pressed her lips to mine. The kiss was amazing as sparks flew around us. It was magic.

*Present Day*


“One thing lead to another and we ended up back at my place and it happened.” I said.

Jimmy sat in front of me, his jaw set, “So now you think that Joey could be yours?” he asked.

“Yeah Jimmy I do.” I replied.

He just nodded, “Well we’ll have to wait. When Joey’s mother gets back we’ll have to meet her. If it’s Rebekka we confront her. Deal?”

I nodded, “Deal.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter too sooooo long to write! I'm happy with how it came out though :) Please review!!!

Would you like to enter a contest? I made one! Just click here!

Joey's Day Off Outfit
Joey's Pajamas