I Swear This Time I Mean It

Five

“That was great Dunn!” Zooey shouted as he skated down the ramp to rejoin the group.

“My turn!” Dico exclaimed and came flying down the ramp. Zooey raised the lens to her eye and began snapping the pictures just like she had done for Dunn and Raab before him.

He flipped his board and his feet missed the landing, causing him to fall down on the ramp and her to capture everything on film.

Bam, Raab, and Dunn were all laughing hysterically at him as he slowly got up off the ground, holding his back with one hand and his board with the other. Zooey even found herself chuckling along to the scene that just played out.

“That wasn’t funny.” An obviously injured Dico whined, tossing his board to the side and sitting down on the golf cart that he, Raab, and Dunn had driven over.

“Oh please tell me you caught all of that Zooey!” Raab laughed, clutching his aching sides. She nodded and the three of them laughed even harder.

Once everyone could breathe again and Dico had stopped complaining, Zooey tried to get Bam to skate for her so she could shoot him. She always loved shooting guys who knew what they were doing.

“Please?” She begged, adding her most innocent eyes for added effect.

“Why do you want me to skate so badly?” He asked, just to annoy her. “Is it because you want to see me shirtless?”

Zooey scoffed and rolled her eyes. “Of course not..”

“Well too bad baby,” He smirked, pulling the material up over his head and tossing it to the side before running up the ramp and dropping in.

She raised the camera up and began shooting wildly, praying to god that she wouldn’t kill the battery in her camera. Sometimes, when she got really in to her work, she had a tendency to do that.

Hitting the zoom button on the top of her camera as he neared the height of the ramp to perform another trick, something caught her eye on the side of his torso. Yes, the infamous key was on one side, but the other, just right above his hip was something scribbled.

She smiled when she recognized it: Zooey

”One day, when I win a skating competition, I will get your name tattooed right here,” he said pointing to the empty space above his hip.

“But what if you get another girlfriend or a wife?” She asked, trying to be realistic, even though both of them were already half in the bag by now.

He scrunched up his nose at the thought of that before taking another swig of whiskey from the bottle. “The only girl I want in my life is you. So I’m getting your name there to remind me of that.”

“Okay Bam,” She giggled, taking the bottle of whiskey back from him and taking another sip.


“Zo?”

“What?”

“Ape called. She wants to know if you wanna stay for dinner,” Bam explained.

Since when did he stop skating? And where were Raab, Dunn, and Dico? They were all there just a second ago.

Bam chuckled when he realized that she wasn’t paying attention again. “Oh Zooey, you never change.”

“Hey!” She said putting down her camera in the bag on the ATV that Bam had driven her over on. “I’ve changed.”

He nodded his head and let his eyes trail up and down her figure. Oh she changed alright. “What ever you say doll.

She spun around on her heel. Fire burned in her eyes. “You know I hate being called that.”

His baby blue eyes turned of cold ice as his signature smirk played on his lips. She didn’t even notice how close he was to her before this until now. “And what are you going to do about it doll?”

“Brandon Cole Margera,” She hissed.

“Zooey Nicole Gates,” He mocked in the same tone she was using.

The space between them was little to none. He was so close that she could feel the warmth of his breath on her cheek, and it wasn’t even that cold out. She knew what she wanted him to do, but wasn’t sure if she was going to get it.

“You’re still the same jackass,” She muttered, spinning around and finishing packing her stuff up in her camera bag.

“The same jackass you fell in love with?”

She froze. Unable to move and unwilling to let time pass her.

“Yes.”

She stepped away from her bag and turned slowly around, facing him once again. Her eyes tried to find an answer in his, but they kept coming up short, displaying the same message she was giving to him.

He decided to make the next bold move and grabbed her hips, pulling her towards him gently, in a loving way. Her hands automatically wrapped around his neck, like it was second nature for her to be in this position. Which it was.

Their eyes burned holes in to each other’s souls and each one of them could feel the same electricity and connection flowing through each other’s veins.

His hands slid up from her waist and cupped her cheeks, rubbing her cheek bones with his thumb. He let his hands drop back down and leaned his forehead against hers. He closed his eyes.

“I miss you.” His voice was no louder than a whisper, but she heard it clear as day.

She closed her eyes, breathing in his welcoming and unique scent. “I miss you too.”

“Say that you want me again.”

Her eyes opened as she stared right in to his blue ones with her own hazel ones. Although it was pretty clear what her answer was, she still went ahead and said it anyway.

“I want you Bam. No one else but you.”

A small smile graced his lips before he stuck his tongue out and licked his bottom lip. That was always the signal that the storm was about to start, but she had no intentions on stopping it any time soon.

Before she knew it, his lips were being pressed against hers; A feeling that she had missed for quite some time now.

His hands were attached to his hips once more, pushing at the small of her back for her to get even closer to him. She pulled him in deeper with her arms around his neck, taking in everything that was happening right at this very moment. Their lips moved in sync with one another as he bit down softly on her lower lip.

But, he pulled away much too soon for her liking. She wanted more.

“I love you Zooey.”

“I love you too Bam.”

“We should probably get back to the house before they think I murdered you,” He chuckled nervously. His breath hit her lips, sending chills down her spin.

She nodded and he pecked her swollen lips once more, helping her on to the back of the ATV. She threw her camera bag over her shoulder and waited for him to climb on before wrapping her arms around his waist.

He started up the engine and hit the gas with his thumb, sending mud flying in every direction and making Zooey’s heart beat faster.

This was her definition of prince charming ladies and gentlemen.

And now he was all hers.

Again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The end.
I think.......