Status: Complete. <3

Stricken

Not Breathing

“Sorry your mom made you come with us,” Michael apologized as they got off their motorcycles.

"Its no problem. I came to make sure you stay out of trouble,” Zara said, attempting to tame her hair with her hands.

“We can take care of ourselves,” Sam objected.

Zara smirked. “I doubt that.” She began to head towards the sound of music. “Come on. I want you to meet Nicole.”

The brothers looked at each other, shrugged, and followed.

“Zara! Hey!” Nicole waved and ran up to them. She was wearing a tight pair of leather pants and a leather jacket that didn’t look like their was anything underneath it. “Hello...” she stopped and eyed Michael. “And you are?”

“Michael, Sam, Nicole. Nicole, Sam, Michael. Let’s go,”Zara said, grabbing her friend’s arm without stopping. Deep down she was hoping that blonde guy might be around.

“Someone’s in a hurry,” Nicole commented.

“Whatever.”

“Through those storms. Through the clouds...” the incredibly buff shirtless man sang into the microphone.

“I think the crowds worse than last night,” Zara yelled.

“Worse? I’d say better!” Nicole screamed, waving her arms back and fourth.

Zara rolled her eyes and searched the crowd. Why was she wanting to find him so bad? He’d only taken notice of her for a second. But there was something about him. She looked around and realized Michael and Sam weren’t beside her, instead they were pushing through the crowd. Mumbling under her breath, Zara took after them. She knew this part well, this was where the Frog Brother’s comic store was.

When she caught up to them, she grabbed Sam’s shoulder. “Where are you guys going?” she demanded.

“Michael’s chasing after some chick,” Sam laughed.

Zara sighed and walked up beside the older brother. “Michael, this isn’t the place to pick up girls.”

“Whatever,” was Michael’s reply as he kept walking, keeping his eyes forward. Zara followed his gaze and immediately recognized the brunette that had been on the back of the blonde’s motorcycle. Zara suddenly felt the need to go after the girl too, to see if she would lead her to Him. Zara shook her head. That was a ridiculous idea

“You’re at the mercy of your sex glands, man!” said Sam, who was clearly enjoying his brother’s behavior.

Michael sounded exasperated.“Sam, don’t you have something better to do?”

Sam looked around and noticed the comic book store. “Yeah, actually I do,” he smiled.

Zara grabbed his arm before he took off. “Just a warning: the Frog brothers are a little...off. To get on their good side I recommend you show off your comic book wisdom if you got any or mention me, ‘kay?”

“Why would I mention you?” Sam asked.

“I work there. And they...like me.” It was a bit more than ‘like’ and a bit on the creepy side. They weren’t as bad as they used to be, but they still chased off any guy that dared look at her.

Sam nodded, a little disbelieving, and went into the store.

Michael and Zara continued after the girl at a fast pace. “Michael. You’re being incredibly stupid!” Zara sighed, trailing behind him. Michael–once again–ignored her.

They came to a part in the crowd. There was a group of bikes sitting there. Zara stopped short, seeing the blonde man again. The brunette climbed on the back of his bike daintily, but he was staring right at Zara. She swallowed, unable to take her eyes off him, like he was holding them there, putting her under a trance. The bikes started up and he smiled.

Sam came up behind them and smacked his brother’s shoulder. “C’mon! She stiffed ya!” he laughed.

The man nodded his head at Zara and took off with his gang. Not until then, did Zara blink and realized she hadn’t breathed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long!! :P And its kinda short...Done with rodeos so hopefully I'll be sooner up. Thanks inusister for commenting and telling me to continue!

If I don't get much more feedback, I might quit on this....so...

COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIPTIONS, PEEPS!