Status: Complete. <3

Stricken

Just One Sip

The gang led Michael and Zara down the rocky cliff. The night was cold, especially with the wind from the sea blowing in. They climbed through a large ragged hole in the wire fence and up into an opening in the side of the cliff. It was dark except for the torch being carried by one of them ahead, and Zara slipped on the slick rock, but she refused to show her weakness or fear of what these guys would do to them. She noticed the blonde man’s eyes on her, saw him look back at her. She could think of only one thing that could be on his mind.

He fell back for a moment, coming in stride beside her. “What’s your name?”he asked, looking at her, the torch light throwing distorting shadows across his face. Zara said nothing, just kept looking straight ahead. He smirked. “Alright, then. I’m David. If you need anything, just ask.”

They entered a cave and the dark haired one of the bunch lit several barrels with his torch. The cave was decorated with old scraps and antiques, most of it just a bunch of old junk. Zara looked around her for a place to possibly escape, but it looked like the only way out was back.

“Not bad, huh?” David asked. “This was the hottest resort in Sant Carla about eighty-five years ago. Too bad they built it on the fault. In 1906...when the big one hit San Francisco, the ground opened up, and this place took a header...”he clapped loudly for affect. “right into the crack.” He turned to Michael. “Now its ours.”

“So check it, Mikey,”one of them laughed, lighting his cigarette.

“Marco. Food,”David instructed, and the curly haired one–‘Marco’–scurried off. David continued, guiding Michael and Zara into the middle of the room. “That’s what I love about this place. You ask then you get it.” The boy that had lit his cigarette handed one to David, who showed it to Michael. “Appetizer?” Michael took it from him. David turned to Zara. “You two will like it here.”

“Doubt it,”Zara said tightly, folding her arms.

David stepped up to her, his gloved hand moving a strand hair back from her face. She jerked away, wanting his touch, but despising it none-the-less. “You going to tell me your name yet?”he asked.

“No,”Zara mumbled, stepping back.

David stepped forward. “Why? Do I scare you?”

“No,”she said again.

“I think I do. You’d be stupid not to. But don’t worry, we’re all friends here.” He paused. “If you don’t tell me your name, I’ll have to make one up for you.”He smiled, a twisted smile, that revealed something none to pleasing.

“Its Zara,”she said quickly, but reluctantly.

“Zara,”David tried it on his tongue. “Zara,”he said again, wording the two syllables, tasting them like honey. “I like it.”

Zara turned away, ignoring the compliment. David came up behind her, placing his hands on her tense shoulders. “Don’t act so coldhearted. I know that’s not what you are. I’m guessing you’re the sweet, well-behaved kind?” He chuckled at her silence.”You know why you’re here, don’t you? You live a life of safety and well-being. You want to have fun, to feel danger, am I right? That’s why you really came.”

Zara jerked away from him. She turned to face him, backing away. He’d discovered something that she didn’t even realize about herself. He’d gotten into her head somehow.

“Don’t be scared,”he said. “I won’t hurt you.” His ice blue eyes filled her mind, making her go numb. His face was inches from her’s, his eyes still interlocked with her’s.

“Feeding time!”Marco shouted, making Zara jump and push away. “Come and get it boys!”

David’s look was smug. He knew he had some control over her as he went and sat down. Zara quickly went and sat down beside Michael. Marco took the Chinese take-out boxes from the Coca-Cola crate and passed them around.

“Chinese. Good choice,”David noted, taking a box from Marco. “Guests first.” He handed the food to Michael. Michael held his hand out, refusing politely. “You don’t like rice? Tell me, Michael. How could a billion Chinese people be wrong?”David chuckled.

Michael took the box and a dug into the rice. Zara hesitantly took some with the chopsticks. It was quiet for a short time before David spoke again. “How are those maggots?” Michael and Zara looked up at him, confused. “Maggots. You’re eating maggots. How do they taste?”

Zara looked into the take out box. Little, white, maggots crawled around in their confine. Zara through herself to the side, spitting and gagging. Michael reacted the same. The boys found this a comical sight and they chuckled amongst themselves. Michael looked at where he’d dropped the food in his own distress. It was rice again. Zara saw this and her eyes widened. She could of sworn it’d been maggots.

“Sorry about that,”David said quietly, stirring through his own meal. “How ‘bout some noodles.”He handed them the box. Zara looked but quickly turned away from the sight. Worms squirmed around in the sauce. She shivered in disgust.

“They’re worms,”Michael said weakly, disdained.

“Whatadaya mean they’re worms?”David scoffed, scooping some up with his chopsticks.

“Don’t eat–” Zara started, but before she could, he’d dropped them into his mouth. However, they were noodles. Zara put her face in her hands, trying to get a hold of herself. She was going crazy.

“Guys, they’re only noodles,”David smiled, showing them the contents.

“That’s enough,”Star protested, stepping from her hiding space behind them.

David ignored her and beckoned Marco over. He whispered something in his ear. Marco walked away, coming back only a few minuets later with a gaudily decorated bottle. It was wrapped with gold designs and red stones. Star came closer and stood beside Zara. She acted like she wanted to say something, but she didn't. The air was suddenly tense as David uncorked the bottle and took a sip. He closed his eyes and savored it, drawing in a deep breath.

He leaned forward and his blue eyes flashed open. “Drink some of this, Michael. Be one of us.” He extended his arm, silently asking for Michael to take the bottle. Michael hesitated, discouraged by Zara’s hand on his arm, but finally shook it off, stood, and took the bottle.

Marco and the other boys began chanting slowly. “Michael. Michael. Michael.”

“Don’t! You don’t’ have to, Michael,”Star said quietly.

“Michael...”David said, his voice slow like molasses. Zara recognized it as the same tone he’d used with Star back at the boardwalk. He’d knew he’d win.

“Its blood,”said Star, her voice shaking.

Michael smirked at her stupid statement. “Yeah. Sure.” He pressed the bottle to his lips and threw his head back. An eruption of cheers went up, echoing off the stone walls as Zara sat there, uneasy.

David turned his gaze to her, making her swallow hard. “Your turn,”he said, his voice dark. The delusional smile creeped up across his face.

“I’m good,”Zara said, shakily.

“Zara,”David shook his head and chuckled. “Just one sip is all you need.”

Michael handed her the bottle and she noted the glassy look that had taken over his eyes. She wouldn’t drink as much as him, he’d chugged it down after all. Just one sip.

“Zara. Zara. Zara.” The boys had begun they’re chanting again.

Zara bit her lip. It couldn’t hurt to just take one sip. Plus, Star was stating it was "blood". How stupid could you get. Just to annoy her, Zara took a drink. She let the edge touch her lips and tasted it. Just like before, the gang cheered and clapped. The liquid touched her tastebuds and she swallowed it. It was sweet and thick with an edge to it that made her throat burn. Her head suddenly began to go foggy and light, numbness began to spread through her limbs, from her head down to her fingers and toes.

She was only slightly aware of a presence beside her. Cold air hit her ear, tickling it, making the hairs on her neck stand up. But she couldn’t do anything, she felt all tingly. It felt too good to move.

“See,”a voice whispered in her ear. David’s. “That’s all it takes. Just one sip.”
♠ ♠ ♠
12 subscribers! HOOT! :)
Sorry its been awhile since my past update....Been pretty busy with stuff. =P
Thanks to the new subcribers and readers. <3
Special thanks to:
MusicsSoul
vAmPiRe00FREAK
Baby Jinx
Jennalyn!

Peace Out Vampire Peeps! V---V