‹ Prequel: I don't need you

Everything's Different Now

Making A Decision

"Erica. Calm down, what happened?" Kenny asked holding my arms to stop me from throwing them around in frustration.

After Joe left I called Kenny and begged him to come over; I needed him here before I start freaking out more then I already have.

"I know I should take him, but I can't. I can't do it!" I loudly ramble as I have been for the past few minutes.

"Do what? You're not making any sense. Did Joe do something to you?"

"I don't know how he found out."

"Found out what?"

"I have to take him....They'll be at the park. I've seen them there before-"

"Who?" Kenny interrupted turning my head so that I'm looking at him.

"Darcy. He needs to see Darcy- he wants to see her. If I take him to see her, everything will be ok."

"Darcy? What has Darcy got to do with anything? Why would you take him to- oh. I get it." He sighed taking his hand off me and pushing it over his own face. "She's his, isn't she?" he finally asked.

"He wasn't supposed to find out." I mutter

"Erica.... as much as I dislike the guy. If he is her dad you should have told him. Before she was born."

"I couldn't do it. I wanted to go back, I always wanted to go back. Even before I found out I was pregnant... but I couldn't."

"I'm afraid to even ask this question and I know I'll regret it.... but do you have feelings for him?"

"Why do people keep asking me that? I don't have feelings for Joe!"

"Ok, ok. Don't yell." He laughed pulling me into a hug.

"I have to take him to see her." I mumble into Kenny's shoulder "If it'll make him happy I'll do it."

"Erica you know you can't do that. You know what will happen if-"

"I know, I know. But it's not like I'm going to let him speak to her, he just needs to see her."

"It will end badly you know that right?"

Taking a breath I nod "Which is why I want you to help."

"Oh no, no, no. You are not putting me in the middle of this. I'm happy to be there for moral support and if you need me to hit the guy-"

"For the last time, I don't want you to hit him."

------

"Another?" The barmaid smiled as she took the empty glass from in front of me

"Sure, why not." I shrug resting my elbows onto the counter and pushing my hands over my face.

"Having a rough day?" she asked filling the glass and placing it back down

"You could say that." Letting out a sigh I slowly lift up the glass and stare down at the liquid inside.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"Not really."

"Whatever it is I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. I've heard a lot of stories from back here."

"Have any of those stories involved a guy finding out he has a daughter and she was given away without him even knowing about it." I answer finally looking back up at the barmaid who was now leaning on the counter waiting to hear what else I had to say.

"No...... Is that even possible? Don't you need both signatures for that?" She asked

"Apparently not."

"How old is she?"

"Four... Five... I don't even know."

"So what are you going to do about it?"

"What can I do?" I mutter before taking a large gulp of my drink.

"You could track her down... contact whoever she's with.... Talk to the mother." She urged lightly nudging my arm.

"I can't talk to her anymore."

"Why not?" she laughed

"Because I'm sick and tired of talking to her."

The barmaid stands up straight and stares down at me "Well you have three options.... You can sit here and drink your sorrows away, move on or do whatever it takes to see your daughter. Even if it means talking to her mother."

"You know I never said she was my daughter." I sigh digging my hand into my back pocket to pull out my wallet.

"I figured it out for myself." She smiled taking the empty glass from me.

Taking out a twenty I slid it onto the counter as I stood up. "Thanks for the advice."

"Anytime."

***

Finally getting home I close my apartment door, not the slightest bit surprised that Justin is sat in the living room watching tv.

"There you are. Where have you been?" he asked briefly taking his eyes off the tv

"I had to clear my head." I sigh pulling my jacket off "I'm going to bed, turn the tv off before you leave."

"Oh I'm going apartment hunting tomorrow, you coming?"

"Yea, sure whatever." Waving my arm dismissively I head to my bedroom not really caring that this could be the last time Justin will let himself into my apartment and act like it's his place.

"Oh, Erica was here earlier!" Justin shouted before I close the door "She was acting weird. Did you two have another argument?"

"What did she want?" I ask staying in my room, my hand still on the edge of the door.

"I don't know, she said something about knowing where Darcy is and if you want to meet her.... I don't know who this Darcy chick is but she sounds like she could be a hottie."
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been 2 months and i'm so, so, so, so, so sorry!!! whenever i sat down to write something i just wasn't in the mood plus i had coursework to do.

I forced myself to finish this chapter today and hopefully i'll be able to post another update soon. Love you guys and please don't hate me, even though i'd hate me if i had to wait 2 months to read the next chapter of a story lol