‹ Prequel: I don't need you

Everything's Different Now

Ashley's Mistake

"You're late." Kenny shouted out to me as I rushed around the counter and into the back room. Throwing my bag into my locker and tying my apron I quickly ran back out.

"I know." I gasped trying to catch my breath. "Me and Joe got stranded last night and we had to wait till morning to walk to the nearest town; and then get a tow truck to pick up Joe's car. By the time we got back I had like 2 minutes to shower and get dressed." I explained

"Just be glad Linda isn't working today because she would give you the dreaded 'warning'." He teased while handing a customer their order. "Anyway, how did it go? Better question where did you go?"

"He took me to the town where I grew up, it was where we first met." I sigh, Kenny looks at me waiting for me to continue. "It was ok but mainly it was painful, just being there made me think about how much I hated that place. I have to hand it to Joe though, he made an effort and there were times when I actually stopped and enjoyed myself."

Walking away i made my way to an empty table and collected the mugs that had been left, after putting them into the sink Kenny appeared next to me "So what did you guys do when you were stuck in the car?"

"We talked." I shrug

"Talked?" he scoffed

"Yes! We didn't sleep together if that's what you think."

-----

Entering my apartment I throw my jacket and keys to the side.

I'm so tired I don't even know how I've managed to stay awake this long. Taking off my shoes as I head towards my bedroom, not really caring where they land. Reaching my bedroom I let out a yawn, after pulling off my t-shirt I start to unbutton my jeans and freeze once my eyes land on my bed. My mouth hangs open at the sight of Ashley still lying there, her wrists still cuffed to the headboard.

Before she has a chance to wake up I rush out the room my hand fumbling in my pockets until I find my phone.

Calling Justin I wait for him to answer "Answer the freaking phone." I mutter making sure I don't talk too loudly and wake up Ashley.

"Hello" he finally answered sounding very happy. He probably hooked up last night.

"Justin why is Ashley still handcuffed to my bed?!" I loudly whisper

"What are yo-Oh shit! Dude I totally forgot." He laughed

"No shit."

"So you're telling me she's still there?"

"Yes she's still here!" I snap pacing up and down the living room

"I am so sorry, give me five minutes and I'll be right there." He said clearly trying to hold back a laugh.

"You better because she can not know I'm-"

"JOE! Joe I can hear you!" Ashley screamed from my bedroom making me wince "You better get your ass in here right now!"

"Just get over here. Now" I said ending the call and shoving my phone into my pocket.

Taking a breath a force myself back into my room, Ashley's obviously pissed and glaring at me from the bed.

"You have five seconds to un-cuff me or-"

"I will ok, just wait a minute. Take a moment to calm down." I said staying near the door.

"I will not calm the fuck down. I've been here for twenty four fucking hours!"

"Just let me explain, Justin forgot to come over and let you go. That's why you're still here."

"I don't care why I'm here, all I care about is getting out!" Yanking her arms Ashley is getting more and more worked up. "Stop looking at me!" she shouts. I quickly look away from her and facing the wall.

"So... how have you been?" I ask keeping my eyes fixed on the wall.

"How have I been? Well let's see, I trusted you and then you went and locked me up like an animal."

"Hold on!" I shouted looking back at her again "You trusted me? Don't turn into a victim, you brought this on yourself."

Taking a breath Ashley tries to calm herself "Just let me go."

"Not until Justin gets here. I need a witness in case you try to kill me."

"Joe my wrists hurt, I'm hungry and I need to use the fucking bathroom!" she shouted tugging her arm again causing the headboard to hit the wall.

Looking at her I can tell she is pretty desperate to get out "Ok, fine."

Opening the draw where I had kept the cuffs I tried to find the key.

"Hurry up!"

"Will you hold on!" I angrily mutter. Finally finding the key I close the draw and step closer to her, I can feel her watching me as I hold onto her wrist to unlock the cuffs.

"Finally" she groaned the moment the cuffs came off, leaping off the bed she rushed out the room. Hearing the bathroom door slam shut I throw the cuffs and key back into the draw.

Leaving the room I stand outside the bathroom for a moment before lightly knocking on the door.

"Ashley." I nervously said before knocking on the door again.

"Go away Joe!"

"I'm-"

"I can't pee when you're standing there! Go away!"

Hearing a knock on the front door I rush over and quickly open it to find Justin looking out of breath.

"I think this is a new record." He gasped looking at his watch.

"Give me my key." I said snatching it out of his hand.

"Hey!" he wined stepping inside and closing the door behind him "I worked hard for that."

"You lost the right to let yourself in when you forgot to free the half naked girl in my bed."

"She was half naked?" he laughed going towards my bedroom and peering inside "So where is she? And why are you shirtless?"

Looking down at myself I realise that I am still in fact shirtless. Great.

"She is right here!" Me and Justin both look in the direction of the bathroom "Look what you did to me!" Ashley complained lifting her arms and showing me the red marks around her wrists.

"Blame him" I said pointing to Justin who is too busy staring at Ashley's body to pay attention.

"I'm blaming you!" she yelled, slapping me.

"I really wish people would stop hitting me." I said through gritted teeth

"Stop staring at me!" Ashley shouted at Justin making him snap out of whatever trance he was under.

"Sorry." he smiled "Are they new?" he asked pointing at her breasts.

"You know what, screw this shit! I'm going home." Going into my bedroom me and Justin watch her as she starts picking her clothes off the floor and putting them on. Once fully dressed again Ashley presses a finger on my chest

"I was going to let it go, but now she'll pay for what you did to me."

"What do you mean by ‘she'?" Justin asked stepping forward and leaning his head towards Ashley as if to include himself in the conversation.

"Ask Joe." Pushing passed me I don't watch her leave but once I hear the door close I sigh with relief.

"What does she mean by ‘she'?" I look at Justin who looks very innocent, as if he has no idea what just happened.

"She's talking about Erica." I answer rubbing my forehead. All this is giving me a headache.

"Oh right. Don't worry, what's the worse she could do?" he shrugged

"I don't know. She's been making threats like that a lot but nothing has actually happened."

"Oh well. So did you bang her?"

"Wh-Why Justin? Does anything other then sex go through your mind?"

"Not really. It's about eighty percent sexual." He nods

"Why would I have sex with Ashley anyway?"

"Coz she's hot." He scoffs "I wasn't talking about her anyway, I meant Erica. You were together all day, and all night."

"It's not like we went and stayed in a hotel. We were stranded in the car all night."

"I've had good sex in the back of a car." he smiled obviously having a flashback.

"Ok this conversation needs to stop."

"Yea, yea whatever. Can I go?"

"Please do."

------

Entering my apartment building I close the main door behind me surprised to see my landlord standing outside his office in the small lobby. The only reason I'm surprised is that I rarely ever see him unless my rents due.

"Hi Mr Harris" I smile walking passed him towards the elevator.

"You've had a few guests today." He said before I can press the button

"What?" I ask looking at him in confusion.

"I said you've had a few guests." he repeated.

"I've been at work all day." I laugh nervously.

"Well about an hour ago I had to let some woman in because she insisted that she must see you, and then about a minute ago that boyfriend of yours showed up."

Ok first of all how does he even know about Joe, and what woman is he talking about.

"What woman? Did she say what her name was?"

"No, and I didn't ask." He said before walking into his office and closing the door.

Well that was helpful. Pushing the button I wait for the doors to open.

Woman, what woman? It couldn't be Linda. I don't know any other- oh god Ashley! Joe! Shit!

Rapidly pressing the button again I quickly get impatient and rush towards the stairs almost tripping up the steps a few times.

Gasping for breath as I reach my floor and continue to run down the hallway, I instantly become panicked seeing that my apartment door is open as i slow down.

"Joe." I nervously call out before slowly stepping inside.

I cover my mouth at the sight of Joe laying face first on the ground, unable to move I feel my hand start to shake. "Joe" I whimper

Hearing the sound of something hitting the ground my head snaps to the side where I see Ashley standing a few feet away from me almost hidden behind the door, a baseball bat at her feet.

"I-I thought it was you." She whispered her eyes still on Joe.

I quickly rush over to him my hands landing on his back as I knell on the floor. "Joe" I speak my voice slowly getting louder. "Joe! Joe come on. You need to open your eyes! Joe can you hear me?"

"I didn't- I- I thought-" Ashley stuttered from behind me.

"Will you just shut up! Call a fucking ambulance!" I scream at Ashley to make her stop rambling. Looking back at Joe I shake his lifeless body, pressing my fingers on his neck relieved to feel a pulse. "Joe, come on. Wake up!"

Looking behind me I'm shocked to see Ashley has gone. You have got to be shitting me! Grabbing my bag from where I had dropped it on the floor I scramble to find my phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Guess what!!! I finally met Joe freaking Jonas!!

I waiting 6 and a half hours outside Radio 1 on wednesday and my god he is amazing and so friendly not to mention super hot in person. I made my friend (who doesn't even like Joe) go with me and even she admitted he is attractive. I love other Jonas fans, had such a fun 6 hours talking about Joe non-stop lol

Anyway back to the chapter, what do you think? Do you hate Ashley a little bit more? Maybe some of you like her, i don't know.