Tumors And Hearts

Day 31 – One Month Down...

Xx-nikki-xX

“Situations are irrelevant now.
She loves the way that I tease,
I love the way that she breathes...”

Situations by Escape the Fate was blasting in my bathroom as I stepped out of the shower.

I took a deep breath and stepped in front of the mirror. I looked at my naked body in disgust. I had lost even more weight since the last time I really looked at myself. My ribs were practically visible and it looked like I was just skin and bones. I looked deathly skinny; it looked like I was bulimic or something.

The scale was sitting in the corner of the bathroom by the door. I stepped on it and groaned when it said I was only 106 – I had lost another seven pounds in the past four weeks. I was getting way too skinny.

I hated the way I looked.

I ran my fingers through my hair and my hands came out covered in hair. I picked it off my fingers and threw it in the trash can by the sink. There was no question about it; I was balding.

Sighing, I wrapped a towel around myself and headed out to my room. The calendar on the wall said it was September 2 – one month had already gone by.

I changed into my clothes and tried not to cry. I only had three months left to live.

The pictures by my laptop on my desk brought tears to my already wet eyes. I looked at each of them, thinking of how much I would miss everyone when I was gone.

Ashley and I were holding a giant stuffed penguin between us, hugging it with goofy smiles on our faces – penguins had been our thing since high school.

Lexi was hugging me and giving me a big wet kiss on the cheek. The picture was in a frame that said “Sisters Forever” in big, sparkly blue letters.

Manda and I were at Joy Sushi, our favorite sushi bar in Detroit. I was holding two pieces of sushi in front of my eyes and sticking my tongue out. Manda was wearing a piece of raw fish from her Chirashi Bowl like a mustache.

Alex had his arm around my neck. I was hugging him around the middle. Chris had his arms around both of us. We all had huge smiles on our faces.

Shannon and I were at the Impact Zone. We were both in our ring gear. Shannon’s arms were around my waist and mine were around his neck. I was standing on the tips of my toes and we were kissing. Manda had taken that one a few days ago.

I turned away from the pictures and collapsed on my bed. I buried my head in my pillow and let my tears flow freely.

Why me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the ubber shortness of this part. I wasn't even going to write something for this day, but figured I should draw some attention to it since Nikki only has three months to live now. lol.