Tumors And Hearts

Day 77 – Knockout Tag Team Championships

Xx-nikki-xX

On this Monday night, during the taping for Impact, Fallon Chase and Nicolette were finally getting their shot at the Knockout Tag Team titles. Manda and I were waiting backstage with Mexican America. Ink Inc and the Motor City Machine Guns just finished their match and now there was a commercial break before our match. Shannon and Chris decided to wait backstage with us.

It seemed like we had been waiting forever. “Stupid commercial break!” I exclaimed jumping in place.

Everyone laughed at my hyperness. Shannon wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him. “Have I told you how cute you are when you’re hyper?” he asked smiling.

“Not today…”

He laughed and kissed me on the forehead.

“Make it a good match guys.” Chris said hugging Manda to him. “Er – girls, I mean.”

“I wondered if he would catch that.” Rosita said smiling.

“How’s your head?” Shannon whispered in my ear as Sarita and Rosita teased Chris.

“Fine… for now…”

“Promise me you’ll be careful.”

I sighed. “As careful as I can be.”

“Why does that not make me feel better?” he asked.

I ignored him and watched Christy Hemme climb in the ring on one of the TV monitors. “This match is set for one fall and it is for the Knockout Tag Team Championship!” she said in her announcing voice. “Introducing first – the team of Fallon Chase and Nicolette!”

Don’t Mess With Me started playing through the Impact Zone and Manda and I headed out to meet the cheering crowd. Earlier that day we came up with our new tag team entrance. It was pretty awesome, if I do say so myself.

“And now,” Christy said. “Introducing their opponents, representing Mexican America, accompanied to the ring by Hernandez and Anarquia, the TNA Knockout Tag Team Champions – Sarita and Rosita!”

Mexican America’s music started playing and Hernandez, Anarquia, Sarita, and Rosita came out to do their own signature entrance. Once they were in the ring their music died down. Hernandez and Anarquia climbed out of the ring while we figured out who would start the match.

Fallon and I did a quick round of rock paper scissors. We both threw out rocks. We did another round and Fallon’s rock crushed my scissors. Sartia and I climbed out of the ring as the bell rang.

“Come on Fallon!” I yelled as she turned to face Rosita.

The two of them circled the inside of the ring. They finally ran at each other and Rosita kicked Fallon in the stomach. She bent forward, clutching her stomach in pain. Rosita grabbed her by the arm and Irish Whipped her into the corner of the ring where Sarita was waiting to be tagged in. She punched her a few times before tagging her in.

Sarita grabbed Fallon by the hair and pulled her out of the corner. Fallon managed to break free and hit her with a clothesline. She imitated Sarita’s signature dance before pulling and elbow drop on her. Fallon pinned her but she kicked out at one.

They both hurriedly got to their feet. They exchanged punches before Fallon was Irish Whipped for the second time. She went into the ropes and used them to propel herself back at Sarita. Fallon hit her with a clothesline and knocked her to the floor.

Fallon turned to me and I nodded, stretching out my arm as far as it would go. She ran over and tagged me in. I jumped over the ropes and into the ring. Sarita was already coming my way, so I ran at her and met her in the middle of the ring.

We locked up and I managed to get the upper hand. With a bit of effort, I was able to throw her down on the ground. I quickly jumped on top of her and started banging her head repeatedly on the floor of the ring, hair flying everywhere. I was able to get in a few good punches too before the ref could pull me off her.

Rosita had climbed in the ring while I was beating up Sarita. The ref turned around and started yelling at her to get out of the ring. While he back was turned, Anarquia grabbed my foot and tugged. I fell to the floor and he pulled me, letting me fall and bang my head into the floor outside the ring.

I grabbed my head in pain and curled up in a ball. My head had been feeling perfectly fine up until then.

“NICOLETTE!” I heard Fallon scream, followed by a series of curse words directed at Anarquia.

Finally getting Sarita and Rosita under control, the ref turned around and saw that I was outside the ring. He started counting and I knew I had to get up.

I opened my eyes and slowly stood up. I was only on my feet for a few seconds before Rosita came out of nowhere and clotheslined me, sending me back to the floor. She grabbed me by the hair and yanked me to my feet. She hit my head on the apron of the ring once, twice, three times; my head was really starting to hurt now.

She went for a fourth time but I grabbed the apron and was able to resist. I elbowed her in the face and she let go of me. The ref was already at eight by then. I quickly kicked her in the stomach. She bent over in pain and I grabbed her and rolled her back into the ring. I rolled in after her, making it in just as the ref was about to say ten.

“COME ON NICOLETTE!” Fallon screamed jumping around with her arm outstretched.

I ran to our corner and tagged her in. Rosita was crawling to her own corner of the ring to tag in Sarita.

“Oh no you don’t!” Fallon yelled.

Just as Rosita was about to make the tag, Fallon grabbed her by the hair and dragged her back to the middle of the ring. She pulled her signature move and pinned Rosita. The ref made it to two when Sarita climbed in the ring and kicked Fallon in the back.

She rolled off Rosita, arching her back in pain. I jumped in the ring and speared Sarita. I dragged her to her feet and threw her out of the ring between the bottom and middle ropes. The ref started yelling at me to get out of the ring. While his back was turned Hernandez climbed in the ring and hit Fallon with a big punch in the face. I tried to tell the ref, but he insisted on getting me out of the ring first. By then Hernandez was out of the ring and Rosita had Fallon pinned.

“KICK OUT!” I yelled.

Close enough. She was able to get her foot on the bottom rope.

Rosita jumped to her feet. She climbed to the top turnbuckle in the corner closest to Fallon, who was still supposedly out of it, and pulled her moonsault. I have to admit, she executed it perfectly… the only problem was that Fallon pulled her knees up and caught Rosita in the stomach. She rolled around on the floor of the ring, giving Fallon a chance to get up.

Hernandez and Anarquia grabbed the ref’s attention as Fallon ran over and tagged me in. I was heading for Rosita when the ref turned around and saw me. He missed our tag and made me get out of the ring.

Fallon climbed back in the ring long enough to tag me in again. This time the ref saw it, but by now Rosita had tagged in Sarita. She pulled a springboard into a dropkick on me. I fell to the floor and she quickly pinned me. I managed to kick out at two.

Sarita got to her feet first. She bent over me and grabbed my hair. I brought my leg up and kicked her in the head. She let go and staggered back a few steps. I jumped to my feet and hit a series of clotheslines on her, ending it with a crucifix. With all my weight on her upper body, she fell backwards and hit both shoulders on the floor of the ring. The ref started to count but she kicked out at one.

My head was hurting real bad at this point. I grabbed it as I got to my feet and turned to look at Fallon. I needed to tag her in. Now.

We locked eyes and she nodded. I dodged a clothesline from Sarita and tagged in my partner.

I was having trouble paying attention to the match right then. My head refused to stop hurting. I was mad at Anarquia for pulling me out of the ring like that, but tried to remember he didn’t do it on purpose. He didn’t even know about my tumor!

I took a deep breath and turned my attention back to the match. Rosita was now the legal wrestler. Fallon hit a dropkick on her and I knew it was time for our signature move. Rosita staggered back into one of the corners of the ring and fell to the floor. I ran over and quickly climbed to the top turnbuckle. I ignored the growing pain in my head as I pulled my own moonsault.

I climbed off Rosita so Fallon could pin her since she was still the legal wrestler. Sarita climbed in the ring and grabbed Fallon by the arm. She whipped her around to face her and got hit with a quick neckbreaker. She turned back around and pinned Rosita.

Hernandez and Anarquia climbed in the ring to break up the pin. I ran over to them and was about to spear Hernandez when I remembered how much bigger than me he was. Quickly rethinking things, I hit him with a superkick and pulled a Pele kick I learned from AJ on Anarquia.

They both fell to the floor and I turned back to Fallon and Rosita in time to see the ref hit the floor of the ring a third time.

“Your winners,” Christy Hemme said as our music started playing again. “And new Knockout Tag Team Champions – Fallon Chase and Nicolette!”

I ran over to Fallon and attacked her with a bear hug. “We did it!” I yelled as we jumped around like dorks.

The ref came over and handed us our new belts. It felt amazing to win my first title in TNA. I tried not to let it bother me that this would probably be the only title I would win in TNA.

Fallon took my belt and hooked it around my waist. I took hers and hooked it around her waist. We climbed out of the ring and, arm in arm, headed backstage with huge smiles on our faces.

“You guys were amazing!” Chris exclaimed when we got backstage.

I watched Chris wrap his arms around Manda, pick her up, and spin her around. She screamed at him to stop and he set her down, keeping his arms wrapped around her.

“That was a good match.” Shannon said hugging me. “And you finally won your first title!”

I hugged him back and couldn’t think of anything to say but, “I love you.”

He laughed and kissed the top of my head. “I love you too.”

My head throbbed in a particularly painful way. I buried my face in Shannon’s chest and tried not to groan in pain.

“How’s your head?” Shannon whispered, as if reading my thoughts.

“Fine.” I lied.

“Are you sure?”

“Yes Shannon.”

“It looked like you hit your head pretty hard when Anarquia pulled you out of the ring.”

“I’m fine Shannon.”

“I thought I saw you grab your head-”

I stood on the tips of my toes and kissed Shannon, cutting him off. “Shannon. I promise I’m fine. Stop worrying.”

“Okay.” he sighed as the four of us headed back to the Knockouts’ locker room.