Tumors And Hearts

Day 98 – Losing the Titles

Xx-nikki-xX

At the taping of Impact Wrestling the following Monday, Fallon Chase and Nicolette lost their titles. There was no way we could keep them now that I was done wrestling.

“You’re winner and new Knockout Tag Team Champions – Madison Rayne and Gail Kim!” Christy Hemme announced as the bell rang, signaling the end of the match.

I pounded my fists on the floor of the ring as Gail Kim’s music started playing. I let my frustration show for a few minutes until Fallon came to my side and tried to help me up. I pushed her away and rolled out of the ring. I headed up the ramp and stopped at the top. I turned around and looked at Fallon. I sighed and shook my head before heading backstage.

Shannon was waiting for me. I stepped into his arms and let him hug me tight. I really needed it.

I was more depressed than I had ever been. Everyone could see it, but no one knew the reason why. At first people thought Shannon had broken up with me. But then they saw how he was barely leaving my side and still really cared about me. Those theories were quickly discarded and everyone went back to wondering why I was acting the way I was. Matt Morgan went as far as describing me as a walking corpse.

Manda came backstage after a few minutes and I detached myself from Shannon long enough to give her a quick hug. She told me to meet her in the Knockouts’ locker room in a bit and I nodded before stepping back into Shannon’s waiting arms.

I let Shannon lead me to the cafeteria and sit me down next to Jeff. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders. “Doing okay?” he asked.

“As okay as I’m gonna be.” I sighed.

He gave me a big squeeze and let me go as my phone started going off.

It was a text from my Aunt Dixie that said, come to my office.

“I’ll see you guys later.” I said to Jeff and Shannon.

I got up and left the cafeteria, wondering what Dixie could possibly want. I reached her office and lightly knocked on the door.

“Come in!” Dixie called.

I slowly opened the door and stepped inside. I sat in the chair in front of her desk. “What did you want to see me about?” I asked.

She sighed, not looking happy. “Nikki… I think it’s time we told people about your tumor. Just the other wrestlers!” she quickly added seeing the look on my face.

I looked down at my hands as my eyes filled with tears. “Okay.” I whispered.

“Are you sure Nikki?” she asked. “It’s just a thought. We don’t have to do it if you don’t want to…”

“No.” I said looking up at her. “There’s no point in hiding it anymore. We need to tell them.”

Dixie nodded and turned to her computer. “I’ll take care of letting them know.” she said typing something.

I didn’t say anything. I simply got up and quietly left her office.

There’s no point in hiding it anymore when I’ll be dead soon…