Tumors And Hearts

Day 105 – The “Injury”

Xx-nikki-xX

“…and when we beat Robbie E and Rob Terry we’re going on to challenge Crimson and Matt Morgan.” Shannon was saying.

“Well, it sounds like we’re in for an interesting match tonight.” Christy Hemme said turning towards the camera.

Shannon and Jesse walked out of the view of the camera, leaving me alone with Christy.

“So Nicolette, what’s this I hear about an injury?” she asked turning towards me.

I inwardly sighed before speaking. “Well, it’s pretty bad.” I lied. “I hate to say that it’ll keep me out of the ring for a while.”

“I’m sorry to hear that.” She really did sound sorry. “I’ll let you go catch up to Shannon and Jesse.”

I nodded and walked out of the view of the camera. Shannon was waiting for me. I walked right into his waiting arms.

“I’m really sorry about your tumor Nikki.” Christy said as soon as the camera turned off. “I had no idea.”

“It’s okay.” I said. “We better get going.” I said to Shannon and Jesse.

Shannon let go of me except for my hand. I said bye to Christy and the three of us walked away. I tried not to talk to people for too long. I didn’t want them seeing just how depressed I really was. I had been spending most of my time avoiding people. I couldn’t stand all the sympathetic looks they were giving me, and all anyone could think of to say was “I’m sorry.” What did they have to be sorry about? It’s not like they gave me the stupid tumor…

We got to the Go Position and waited for Robbie and Rob to show up. When they did they both tried to talk to me about my tumor. I told myself it wouldn’t be for very long and endured it until Robbie’s music started playing. I sighed with relief when they headed out to the ring.

Jesse put an arm around my shoulders and I looked up at him.

“I’m not going to say anything.” he said. “But you at least have to let me give you a hug.”

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his middle. “Thank you Jesse.” I said into his bare chest.

He laughed and I felt his chest rumble. “No problem Nikki.”

Robbie’s music died down and was replaced with Ink Inc’s. I took a deep breath and put on a smile as I followed Shannon and Jesse out to the ramp. While they headed down to the ring I made my way to the commentary table.

“Hey guys.” I said to Taz and Mike.

“Hey Nikki.” Taz said. “Let’s get a chair over here for you.”

I thanked them and sat down. I put on the headphones and adjusted the mic that was attached. The match started and we started commentating.

I know they meant well, but it still bothered me that the first thing they brought up was my “injury”. I guess they didn’t realize that talking about it didn’t make me feel any better. I just wanted the match to be over so I could go backstage again and be alone.

Soon enough Shannon and Jesse pulled their finisher on Robbie E and Jesse pinned him. Rob Terry climbed in the ring to break it up but Shannon hit him with a series of kicks that pushed him out of the ring.

“One! Two! Three!” the ref called out.

The bell rang and Tattooed Attitude started playing again. I jumped up and punched the air. I heard Mike and Taz laugh.

“It was nice talking to you guys,” I said to them. “But I have to go celebrate with my boys now.”

I pulled off the headphones and ran down to the ring. Shannon pulled me into his arms once I was in the ring. I hugged him and then hugged Jesse. This meant they were going to get a shot at the tag team titles next week on Impact.

“Good job guys!” I said hugging both of them.

“This win is for you Nikki.” Jesse said.

“And when we win the titles next week it’ll be for you too.” Shannon said kissing my forehead.

Tears filled my eyes. “Don’t you jerks make me cry while we’re in ring!” I said punching them in the arms.

They laughed and picked me up. I screamed from surprise as they lifted me up on their shoulders. I raised my arms in victory, smiling.

“I love you guys, now put me down!” I was still trying not to cry.

They finally let me down and I led the way out of the ring. As soon as we were backstage I broke down crying.