Tumors And Hearts

Day 112 – Visitors

Xx-nikki-xX

I was flipping through the channels on the TV in my hospital room when the door flew open. A smile spread across my face as Manda stepped in, followed by Alex and Chris.

“Hey guys.” I turned off the TV and slowly sat up in bed. “What are you doing here?”

“We came to see you, stupid.” Manda said.

I locked eyes with Alex and frowned. I could tell that Manda and Chris were trying to hide their sadness from me, but Alex was letting it all show. Everyone knew he was in love me. This was probably hurting him as much as it was Shannon.

The three of them stayed and visited for a bit. We talked for a while, catching up on everything since I hadn’t seen any of them since the last loop of house shows I was in. Then Alex and Chris decided to go down to the cafeteria for some coffee. Manda stayed up in my room with me so we could talk more.

She waited until Alex and Chris were gone before breaking down.

“Manda don’t cry.” I said. “You’re gonna make me cry.”

“Sorry Nikki.” She said between sobs. “I just don’t know what I’m going to do when you’re gone.”

I quickly wiped the tears from my eyes before they could fall. Everyone around me had been crying so much lately. It really hurt to see my friends like this. I only let a few tears fall when Alex and Chris came back in and saved me from crying for the millionth time that day. Manda quickly wiped her own tears away and took the tissue I handed her.

The three of them stayed the rest of the day. It was well past visiting hours when one of the nurses finally told them they had to leave.

“It was really nice seeing you guys.” I said hugging Chris goodbye. “I’m really glad you came.”

“So are we.” Alex said. I could tell he was still sad.

I stretched over the rail of my bed and grabbed his hand before he could turn away. I tugged on his arm and he sat down on the edge of the bed. I wrapped my arms around him and it took him a few seconds before he hugged me back – maybe he was too afraid to touch me.

“I missed you Patrick.” I whispered, using his real name.

“I missed you too.” he whispered back. “I really hope this isn’t the last time I get to see you.”

“Oh, you better believe we’re going to be back!” Manda said.

I laughed and gave Alex one final squeeze before letting go of him. I waited until Chris shut the door behind them before letting my tears fall. I couldn’t help but wonder how much longer I had to live…
♠ ♠ ♠
So, so, so, SO sorry for the really long wait! I'm really hoping I can finish this story up before the weekend is over.