Tumors And Hearts

Day 11 – Feelings

Xx-manda-xX

ur talking to shannon rn’t u? I hit the send button on my phone. A few seconds later it said the message was sent to Nikki.

I leaned back into Matt’s arms and looked up at the sky. We were sitting in Shannon’s backyard enjoying the nice weather. I looked to my left and saw Jeff and Beth in a position similar to Matt and I – Jeff was sitting on the ground with Beth sitting between his legs, leaning against his chest. I looked to my right and saw Shannon. He was sitting close enough to us so that he could hear what we were saying and join in the conversation when he wanted, but far enough away to have privacy.

She answered back a few minutes later. ...no... >.>

liar

how did u kno?

u and shannon have been txting nonstop since tuesday... and im sitting a few feet away from him

I hit the send button and glanced over at Shannon. He was glued to his phone, smiling. I closed my eyes and pictured what it would be like if Shannon and Nikki were to get together. I opened them a few minutes later, smiling. I had the most wonderful idea!

so nikki... random question... wat do u think about shannon?

...idk... hes pretty cool

would u ever consider dating him?

wtf?

would u?

...yes... >.>

do u think he’s cute?

...

I KNEW IT!!!

>_<

im gonna fix u guys up!

wat? no!

why not?

um, hello? tumor! ill be dead in less than four months!

oh yea... well... wat if u told him about it?

no! no! hell no! and a million times no!

why not?

i dont want anyone to kno about it! ever!

not even shannon?

especially not shannon

why?

i dont want him dating me bcuz he feels sorry for me!

I sighed in frustration. Shannon would never do something like that… or maybe he would… but only if he was trying to be nice! but if u didnt have the tumor, would u let me fix u up with him?

idk... prolly...

I smiled and looked over at Shannon. He looked up from his phone and we locked eyes. I waved at him before turning my attention back to my phone as I got another text from Nikki. promise me you wont try anything

i promise...

I looked at Shannon again and my smile got bigger. wat would u say if i were to fix u and nikki up? I texted him.

He got my text and turned to look at me like I was crazy. ...why?

just wondering...

manda...

i may have some kind of plan...

no

I glared over at him before answering back. come on! just let me try it! wats the worst that could happen?

...a lot...

oh come on!

manda she prolly doesnt even like me!

...actually...

...really?

yea! so will u let me do it?

I looked over at him hopefully. We locked eyes again and he sighed before texting back. i guess so...

Xx-nikki-xX

i promise... I read the text and told my roommate and other best friend, Ashley, what Manda had said. We had been best friends since freshmen year in high school, so naturally she knew everything that was going on with Shannon.

I wasn’t sure I believed Manda.

“Do you think she’ll listen?” Ashley asked, voicing my thoughts.

I sighed, answering a text from Shannon. “She better.” I said before getting up and heading into my room to get something for my aching head.