Dr. Pepper

1/1

Devin couldn’t sleep, he never could for the first few weeks after tour; he’d become so accustomed to late nights and early mornings. He never acclimatised easily to begin with. He & Blake shared a 2-bed apartment so he had to be as quiet as possible. The complete dick in him said he shouldn’t care, but Blake was … Blake. He also got really bitchy if he didn’t get a decent 7 hours or so. Devin had set himself up for the night; assorted beverages and food deposited around the sofa, laptop on the coffee table and the TV on some random channel that was showing shitty 2 am infomercials. The idea of buying a bump-it for Blake had crossed his mind a couple of times, he still giggled every time. Snuggling into the blankets he’d found, he clicked up safari and set up for a long night of … nothing.

Around 3 am he knocked over his ,luckily closed, bottle of Dr. Pepper. Instead of just falling and making a dull thud this bottle decided to fall, bounce, knock into the table, bounce again then smack into the door. Devin cursed his life, Blake was gonna be so pissed. There was a the sound of covers rustling, a small thud and the light slapping of Blake walking barefoot to the TV room. Devin pulled a pained face before pulling one of the blankets over his head.

“Devin, I know you’re there” Blake sighed, his voice still tainted with sleep “don’t try hiding,”
Devin sighed (more huffed) before pulling the blanket down to his chest,
“Sorry, Blake, I didn’t mean to wake you up” He whispered, not making eye contact “I just couldn’t sleep and that fucking bottle fell and I was being super quiet,” Devin’s eyebrows knitted, his mouth had fallen into a slight frown. Blake rolled his eyes, a languid smile upon his face, he sat down tentatively on the end of the sofa; Devin sat up … more got into a slightly upright but still slouched position. Blake rubbed at his eyes
“Fuck, man, sorry I woke you” Devin sighed, finally making eye contact, “I was just about to go to sleep, too,”
“I’m tired as hell,” Blake sighed “Can I just sleep here ?,”
“Yeah, sure, but if you take all the warmth I will kick you off here” Devin joked lightly. Blake chuckled.

They both re-adjusted their positions. To anyone else it must’ve looked questionable to say the least. Blake was facing Devin, their legs tangled, arms around each other and sharing 2 blankets. Just before he fell asleep, Devin leaned his head forward and kissed Blake lightly on the cheek. Blake blushed, before snuggling further into Devin.
♠ ♠ ♠
The ending is horrible, I know.
c/c ?