Status: Complete

The Key

A James Owen Sullivan One Shot

Image

"Babe, I have to go."

Kita's arms tightened around her boyfriend's waist. Being the drummer in the band Avenged Sevenfold, meant that he was away from home far more than she'd like him to be. And this was no exception. Tomorrow is his birthday. Another special day they won't be able to spend together.

"I know," she muttered softly, burrying her face into his chest and taking in his scent to lock away in her memory.

"I'm gonna have a loney birthday tomorrow," Jimmy forced her to look up at him by placing a finger under her chin.

"I hope so," she replied. "Then maybe next time you'll stay home."

He laughed at her attempt to act mad. Truth was, it wasn't in her nature. At least not where he was concerned.

"I'm not going to get any birthday sex," he pretended to pout.

"Speaking of which," Kita loosened her grip on his tall body, eventually letting go all together and grabbing the white plastic bag off the coffee table in the middle of their living room. "I have something for you."

He smiled and ran his hand through his hair, "really?"

"Really," she assured him as she passed the bag to him. "It's your birthday present."

Curious, Jimmy took if from her and peeked inside. Kita waited to see his reaction.

"Oh no way," he laughed before looking up at her with a sly grin written across his face. "You just want me thinking naughty things while I'm gone."

Kita nodded in admittance. While she wanted him to have fun and not worry about her, she wanted to be on his mind as often as possible.

The doorbell rang forcing the reality of him leaving to really sink in.

"It's open," Rev yelled.

The door knob turned and soon Matt Sanders was filling their doorway.

"Hey, Kita," he removed his aviators and hooked them onto his shirt. "Rev, buddy you ready to go?"

Jimmy nodded and gestured to his bag on the ground by the door. Matt caught on, picked it up and left the house, leaving the front door open.

"Bye, babe," Rev grabbed onto her hand, squeezing it softly before kissing her once more.

She released his hand and followed him to the door. "Call me?" she leaned against the door frame and called after him.

He turned around to face her and walked backwards, "every night."

She waved to the rest of the guys and watched them load up Matt's SUV before they all disappeared behind the metal and tinted glass. She missed him already.

The next six months were rough. She spent them throwing herself into work and charity events and going out at night. She couldn't bare the thought of being alone in their house with nothing to do but think about how much she missed him.

True to his word, he called her every night for about two weeks. But as he started getting further away from home, and his phone bill considerably higher, his calls dwindled down to about once a week. And that one day a week is all she was living for now.

And like every wednesday night, she was now sitting at the end of the couch waiting for the phone to ring. He didn't disappoint her.

"Hello?" she said into the phone after the first ring.

She could hear laughing in the background before his voice traveled through the phone directly into her ear, "hey, babe."

"Hi, Jimmy," she reached for the remote and hit mute, silencing the TV. All she wanted to hear was his voice. "What are you doing?"

He laughed, "sorry about that, we're in a bar in Germany."

She smiled. She could just imagine how much fun they were having. And here she was, sitting at home alone in the dark dreaming about it. Thank god he was going to be home in a week.

At least he was until he spoke again.

"Hey, Kita, I have some bad news."

Kita groaned and placed her head in her hand, "you're not coming home in a week are you?"

She could almost see him shake his head.

"No, they extended the tour a couple of weeks. We're doing really well over here babe, I wished you could be here."

She never spoke. In fact, she was too busy holding back tears. All she wanted was for him to come home. She needed to see him. To feel his warm skin against hers. Now it looked like he wasn't going to make it home for her birthday either.

"Kita, babe, talk to me."

"I miss you, Jimmy."

He sighed softly, "I know you do sweetheart, I miss you to."

She talked to him a few more mintues until he had to go. They whispered how much they loved each other before hanging up.

Sadened, Kita shut off the TV and decided to call it a night. She flipped the lock on the door and headed down the hall to her and Jimmy's room. She didn't even bother changing. Instead she laid down on top of their blankets fully clothed and grasped onto his pillow. His smell flooded her senses and threatened to release tears. Again she held them back, but that effort proved to be to tiring to handle, she soon found herself drifting in and out of sleep.

***

"Kita."

The next time she heard her name, she was sure she was dreaming. Either that or she'd slept a few weeks away. His voice was haunting her. The smell of his cologne wafted by her nose and she groaned. His smell was haunting her as well.

"Kita."

Unable to deny how real it sounded she cracked her eyes open. Unless her eyes were deceiving her, there he was. Standing in the doorway to their bedroom with his arms folded across his chest. His tattoos glittering in the moonlight coming from the open window.

"Surprise, babe."

She sat up, glancing at the alarm clock. 3:00 am. On what day she didn't know. She'd only went to bed at midnight, he couldn't possibly be home already.

He kicked his bag aside and stood up straight, "what?" he laughed. "You don't wanna come say hi?"

Screw it. She crawled out of bed and hurried towards him. He picked her up and she wrapped her arms around his neck and her legs tightly around his waist, burrying her face in his neck before seeking out his lips with her own.

"I just talked to you," she whispered finally.

He smiled against her cheek before kissing it softly, "I know. I wanted to surprise you. They cancelled our last two shows, so we flew home yesterday. When I called, the guys and I were at Johnny's bar."

She pulled far enough away to look him in the eyes, "you went to the bar before you came home? That's nice."

He rolled his eyes. "It's a ritual Kita, you know that," his hands slid lower over her butt as he carried her across the room in a few steps and tossed her down onto the bed. "How come you're sleeping in your clothes?"

She blushed and was thankful that he couldn't see it in the shadowy darkness, "I was too sad to change."

He chuckled and she felt the bed dip with his weight.

"What's this?" she asked when she noticed the plastic bag sitting on the bed beside her.

Rev grinned and loomed over her body, "open it," he said huskily as he worked the button open on her jeans.

She grabbed the bag and peeked inside before laughing. The sound of her zipper caught her attention and she locked eyes with him. "I didn't think you'd keep them."

"Are you kidding?" Jimmy rolled his eyes and tugged her jeans off. She emptied the bag onto the bed before tossing it to the floor while allowing him to undress her. There was an urgency in his movements that was fast becoming an addiction.

Jimmy crawled off the bed and stood up straight. He grabbed the bottom of his tshirt, lifting it slowly over hs head, revealing his 'fiction' tattoo one letter at a time.

Kita shivered in delight as she watched him. He grinned and reached for the contents of the bag, opening the packages as quickly as possible while Kita ditched her tank top. She now laid on their bed in just her bra and panties, "gonna lock me up?" she asked him playfully.

Rev dangled the plastic handcuffs that'd been in the bag, in front of her. "Hell yeah," he worked his belt loose and slipped out of his pants before crawling onto the bed with her in just his boxers. "And I'm going to throw away the key."
♠ ♠ ♠
An old Rev one shot written for Kita from my old Zilla account.
Hopefully you enjoy it.
<3