Status: Hey guys, if you read this I'm sorry I haven't updated. I promise not to leave the story for a billion weeks like last time. I've just been busy. I promise to update soon.

Vampires, Werewolves, and True Love... Fairytales Don't Exist... Right?

Letters...

Ever since he raped me, I’ve wanted to believe he’d be out of my life forever, because I couldn’t deal with both feeling sorry for and being terrified of my ex-boyfriend. I haven’t spoken with Derek since the court case ended and he was convicted. That was a year and a half ago. He served 14 months in jail, and through out the entire year and two months he sent me letters. Since I moved though, they stopped.

Until today that is. This morning at about 9:30 I jogged down the driveway to the mailbox to grab the monthly bills, but this time there was something extra. A big pink letter addressed to me was in the mix.

I sprinted back to the house after noticing the return address. Part of me wanted to ignore the letter and stick it in my stash with the rest, but I knew I couldn’t do that. Not now that he’s out of jail and he knows where I live. If I don’t write him back, that will result in a little visit, which I most definitely don’t want.

Before opening this letter I grabbed the 28 other ones and began to read. They all said mostly the same thing, Ariel I’m so sorry, I was drunk, You know I would never want to hurt you, Will you please forgive me… And so on. By the time I was finished I was in tears. No matter how much I didn’t want to, part of me -a big part- still- loved him.

Finally, I began to write back…

 

Derek-

I know I haven’t written back until now, and I can tell from

reading your letters that my ignorance has severely hurt you… I

just wasn’t ready to talk to you. You have to understand that

whether what you did to me was intentional or not, you still did

it, and it hurt me both mentally and physically. I hate that I

can’t forgive you, because so much of me wants to. So much of me

wishes I could put this behind me and be with you again.

However so much more of me can’t. And maybe someday that will

be different, but for now- it isn’t. You can send me letters and/or

emails, but I’m begging you to not make any other contact until I

am ready…

-Wishing things were different, Ariel.

I sat at the table where I wrote the letter balling my eyes out. My makeup was probably smeared so much that it had most likely reached my chest. And then against my liking, I heard a knocking at the door. I rubbed my eyes and took a deep breath through my nose and out through my mouth. I pondered whether or not I should answer the door or pretend I wasn’t home. I peered through the peephole and saw Emmett. I decided I needed a friend right now and opened the door. “Come on in..” I faked a smile. He looked worried, he rushed in, and I began to spill my guts.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really really sorry its so short and that it took me so long! I'm really gonna try to update again tomorrow. I will for SURE if I don't have school tomorrow because of bad weather, but I don't know... Please subscribe and message!