Status: Complete <3

Somehow Saving You

Clairvoyant Disease

When I woke up again I was alone in Brian’s bed. Earlier I went to sleep in his guestroom, but he shook me awake after about twenty minutes. He said that I was thrashing around and screaming something about Jimmy and the baby. I clung to him so he brought me into his room to stay with him. I turned over to see the clock reading one twenty-two PM. I pushed the blankets off of me before swinging my legs over the side of the bed. I then noticed a note tucked under my phone. Picking it up I recognized Brian’s messy scrawl he called handwriting.

Hey Cat, sorry I wasn’t here when you woke up. I had to go to Zacky’s for a little bit. I’ll be back around three, hopefully. Help yourself to anything in the fridge. <3 Brian

I chuckled at his teenage drawn heart. I tossed the note in the trash bin. I stood, grabbing my phone, before I left his room. I went back across the hall to the guestroom to get some new clothes. All the guys and myself stashed extra clothes in each other’s guestroom. Sometimes, just for the hell of it, I stole Johnny’s clothes at home to wear.

With my new clothes in hand I headed into the connecting shower. I felt sweaty and smelt of hospital and sweat. I quickly started up the shower before stripping out of my pajamas. Once I was under the hot water my stiffness melted away. I began to sing along to a random tune that was stuck in my head, ‘Situations’ by Escape The Fate, at the top of my lungs. After I finished the song I turned the knobs to shut the water off. Wrapping a towel around my chest, I stepped out of the tub and examined myself in the mirror. I had my better days.

My hair was a mess since I had forgotten to brush it out. Knots were all over, probably from my early morning thrashing. My eyes felt sunken into my skull. Lack of food and sleep do that to you. My skin was pale compared to it’s usual tan. I tore my eyes away from the mirror and looked at the counter as I ran a brush through my hair, not so gently. By the time I had gotten all the knots out my scalp ached. I quickly plugged in the blow dryer, too impatient to let it dry naturally.

I pulled on my clothes before flipping off the light. I walked back into the guestroom only to pluck my phone from it’s perch on the dresser before heading downstairs. I walked into the kitchen to hopefully find something to eat. Just as I did I heard claws scrapping across the living room floor. Suddenly the familiar white fur ball came into view.

“Hey Pinkly!” I cooed as she ran up to me. I scratched behind her ears before picking her up off the floor. I held her in my right arm as I opened the fridge with my left. The fridge was surprisingly clean. I guess Zacky hasn’t gotten to Brian’s fridge yet. I snickered at my own lame joke before scanning the shelves again. I took a water bottle for myself since nothing else seemed interesting.

“Let’s see if we can find something to eat Pinkly,” I stated to the small dog as I placed my phone and water on the counter. She simply barked in response. I laughed, placing her back on the ground. I began to look in all his cabinets. I came out with a can of Chief Boyardee Mini Ravioli. I decided not to ask questions and just eat it. As it was heating up in the microwave I looked at Pinkly’s food bowl. Empty.

“Pinkly, I’ll have to kick Daddy’s ass,” I remarked as I pulled the dog food out of the pantry. I filled her bowl which she automatically began to scarf down. I replaced her water with some fresh water from the faucet just as my food beeped. I opened the small devices door to grab my hot bowl. I quickly placed it on the counter before digging for a fork. Once that was accomplished I sat at the counter and began to eat.

Once I was done I rinsed it out and placed it into the dishwasher. I finally unscrewed my cap and took a gulp of my water. I thought about what I could possibly do now and came up empty handed. I’ve been locked up in a house for too long. The only time I’ve been out is for the hospital. Fuck that. I need a walk. I looked down at Pinkly who was now whining.

“Come on baby, let’s let you go for a walk.” As I stood she scrambled for the backdoor. I chuckled and slid open the glass door. She automatically ran out to the grass area in the back right corner. Brian had trained her well. Too bad he gets to clean everything up. After about four minutes she ran back up to me.

“Let’s get you inside. I need a walk myself.” When I opened the door again she ran in pass me. I shut the door, locked it, and closed the curtain before walking further back into the kitchen. I took the pad of paper off the top of the fridge and snatched a pen. I cleanly wrote about taking a walk and being back soon before pinning it to the fridge door with one of the few magnets on there. Ever since we were teens Brian had a habit of the first thing he did when he got home was to get a Coca Cola from the fridge. It was a positive he’d see my note.

I pulled open a drawer near the fridge that I knew Brian kept a pack of Marlboros in. On the pack I saw another note. Brian and I knew each other a bit too much. I pulled out the pack and tore off the note that was taped on.

Remember to take your meds. They’re sitting on the coffee table in the living room. The doctor said it will be fine to smoke, but you have to take the medicine first. <3 Brian

That heart was beginning to get more annoying by every note I find. I tossed that in the trash too before taking my water and heading into the living room. By the lack of claws clicking on the floor I could only assume Pinkly was upstairs on Brian’s bed. She always did that when everyone left. It was cute yet slightly sad to see. On the coffee table sat three, orange pill bottles. I groaned but opened each and every one, taking one pill from each. I quickly swallowed them with a sip of water before grabbing Brian’s iTouch from on top of the stereo. I felt a paper on the back and cursed out loud.

“Brian, this is super fucking annoying,” I groaned out loud. I flipped the device over in my hand and saw a sticky note on the back.

Lock the door when you leave. I know you are going to go for a walk after being locked up so long. Spare key in on the hook closest to the door. Xoxo Brian P.S. I know the teenage heart was annoying ;)

I ripped off the note and placed it on top of the TV stand. Told you we know each other too well. It’s kind of freaky some days. I slipped in the earphones before heading to the front door. I saw the single key connected to a penguin keychain. Awh, he remembered my favorite key chain he bought when I was sixteen. I left it at his childhood home and threw a bitch fit when I couldn’t find it again. He must have gone and bought a new one since the store was still there.

As I locked the door I pressed the shuffle button on his iPod. ‘Walk’ by Pantera started up and I chuckled to myself. I think it’s psychic too. This was just the song I was about to flip to. I started off down the street. Where I was going? I don’t know or care. Soon I found myself a block away from Zacky’s. I raised an eyebrow, shocked I had already walked five blocks. I shrugged and headed to Zack’s.

When I reached his house I saw multiple cars in the wrap around driveway. Brian Homage, Matt’s BMW, Johnny’s Mustang, and I’m pretty sure Zack’s Cadillac was in the garage. I walked pass them all, reaching the front door. I walked in and pulled out the earphones that were just playing ‘Sad But True’. As I turned off the music, Gena walked into the hall with her purse on her shoulder.

“Oh. Hey Cat. What are you doing her?” She questioned as she gave me a hug.

“I was on a walk and was nearby so I thought I’d drop in,” I replied with a shrug.

“Well phooie. I was just leaving. I have to go visit my mom and dad. They command me actually or they would have come and kidnap me themselves,” Gena complained. I laughed. Definitely knew where she got her personality from. “Well the guys are talking downstairs. See ya later girly.”

“Bye chica.” With that Gena waved goodbye before leaving. I heard the garage door open and saw her leave out the window. There goes the Cadillac. I walked down the steps that led into the basement/studio. Everyone made their basement into a private studio. When I reached the bottom step all the guys fell silent. “Nice to see you all too.”

“What are you doing here baby girl?” Brian asked as he stood to hug me and give me a peck on the lips.

“Well Mr. Psychic you should have figured I’d come here on my walk. What are you guys talking about?”

“Nothing important really,” Matt replied with a shrug.

“Please. You all met at one person’s house and are sitting in the studio. Don’t think I don’t know what discussing the band looks like.” The guys all lowered their heads in shame. “Well come on, let’s talk.”

“But you just…” Johnny trailed off. I rolled my eyes.

“I know what I just went through. Who cares now? It’s over and done with. I’m moving on and it starts with this. Now come on guys.” As I plopped down we picked the conversation back up about the album. I peeked out of the corner of my eye to see Jimmy sitting cross legged next to me. He smiled which caused me to smile. This is where I belonged.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lovelies:
Dezi Demize
Insane.
Meganator
Smanah!!

Just in case you are confused, I changed my name from Xoxo.Tina. I don't think many of you will complain, but the only reason I updated this one instead of another story is because I'm at my sister's place for the weekend. I forgot my memory card at home so I can't work on the other chapters for my other stories I already started. Hopefully I'll update those Monday. In other unrelated news, I'm going blonde (maybe)! :D Hopefully that won't look horrid.

Please comment & tell of any grammar or spelling mistakes. Thanks<3