Status: In progress

Break the Mirror

I Wanna Be a Star

Her bed seemed to comfortable as she rolled over and inhaled it's familiar and comforting scent. She was listening to the low hum of her TV and watching the lights flickering on the wall behind her as she thought of the events of that Friday night. Bee had been over. She was now downstairs, most likely sleeping on the couch while Lena lay awake a floor above her. Sighing to herself she pinched her stomach softly "I'll never be like those girls.." her voice was lower than even the hum of the Television, but it seemed to echo around Len as she continued to think about her ex-best friend sleeping downstairs.

They had met in the second grade, and had once been the closest of friends, living right down the street from each other and sharing everything from clothes to secrets. They'd had a sleep over every week since they were eight which slowly molded into a monthly sleepover that it was now. Their parents knew nothing of them growing apart, but the traditional sleepover had turned into nothing more than that. A tradition. Elizabeth would either 'practice' with make up and take a million pictures of herself, or talk endlessly on the phone to her 'real' friends, or her current heartthrob. There was no more secret sharing, no more late night giggle-fests, no more friendship.

One might wonder how two girls so close could have gotten so far apart? Easy. The popular crowd had swallowed up the beautiful Bee, and left pudgy Lena in it's wake without a best friend and more self conscious than she had ever been in her entire life. That's not to say she didn't have other friends; of course she had a few. But, never again did she trust any of them the way she had once trusted her 'best friend'. Who's to say one of them -all being beautiful- wouldn't leave her once again for something better. A life in the spotlight in their little high school. Who's to say that she wouldn't be abandoned again; Lizzy had gone. The girl who had supposedly loved Lenny like a sister had dropped her like yesterdays garbage when Cassandra Ortega had shown interest in being her friend. When she'd had a chance to be a star of the school.

Poor Lena would never get that opportunity.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is for a Billion Secrets contest by CourtneeSmyle.

Secret;; "My mom yells at me for using two towels when I get in the shower.

I tell her one is for my hair, and the other is for my body.

The truth Is that I use one to cover up the mirror, So I don't have to look at my body. "