Status: In progress

Break the Mirror

What do You See

School was over. Finally. A dark feeling was creeping over her as she walked through her house and walked into the bathroom. She glanced into the full-body mirror that hung on then quickly turned her attention away. Then she glanced at the shower. At the moment she had only entered the bathroom on a urgent need. But, soon she would need to get into the shower. Her long mousy brown hair was starting to look greasy and thin. Clenching her jaw she glared at the shower and then hurried herself out of the bathroom.

Her room was her safe haven. A place she could go when everything seemed to be going wrong and hide for awhile; plus, it had no mirrors. They were her worst enemy's, for in them she saw someone she hated. A reflection that should not have been her own.

She lay on her bed, reading a romance novel that made a deep-set desire and jealousy rise in her. She wanted someone to hold her and love her like the men in the books did to these women. She glanced down at her arm and saw the dark red marks covering them and flinched. Yet another reason to hate her body. Turning her attention back to the book she sighed, love seemed so prominent everywhere she turned, but Lena just couldn't seem to find a love that made her feel anything other than pathetic. The only place I can find love is from my mother.. Shaking the thought from her mind, she slowly laid her head on the pillow and sighed.

----

Hours later as she was readying herself for bed, she walked into the bathroom and pulled a towel from the closet. It was time to shower.
As she started to quickly strip off her clothes, she made a conscious decision to face away from the mirror and keep her eyes toward the shower which after a moment she was in. The water was warm and made it's way along her skin as she washed her hair and then moved on to her body. After only a short time, she shut the water off and reached out to grab the towel hanging on the rack. She wrapped herself in the towel and stepped out of the shower, looking over at the slightly foggy full body mirror and shivering. Her legs could be seen, and they were just a little too thick. Also, adorning them were dark red marks; some displaying words and others just in nonsensical patterns. The same things could be found on almost every inch of her skin and clenching her jaw she quickly stepped toward the closet and pulled out another towel. Lena Breeze!" she could almost already hear her mother yelling You don't need two towels when you shower. It just highers the water bill because I have to do laundry more often. One towel. Got it.. A tear threatened to assault her face as she stared at the towel that was covering the mirror in front of her. "But, I can't look..." she whimpered in response the the imagined yelling of her mother. The scars and rolls of cellulite that covered her body were too much for Lenny to look at. She just wanted to be like all the girls who she knew. Like her thin and fit mother. "What's wrong with me.." she sighed softly, closing her eyes and letting the tears roll down her cheeks in silent defeat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Input would be greeeat(:
I don't know if I like where this story is going.. >_>;