Status: accepting authors

Painted Scenes

July 4

On the 4th of July, a date that my people don’t take it so much seriously because it’s the Independence of the U.S and in Puerto Rico we don’t celebrate it. Yes, we know the significance that it has on other people but to me it’s important not of that but because it’s my 18th birthday.

The independence of myself.

Another reason that that summer was very important to me was because it was the summer that all my friends separate. They decided on their colleges and everyone, except two of my friends went to my collages. It’s was not going to be the same… and that stung a little. The way they decided to go their separate ways and move on.

My closest friends decided to invite me to a restaurant (Chili’s… it’s was a costume when we were in high school) and drink some margaritas and eat some pasta. We laughed and talked about the past, about our more precious moments in high school like one time when Ashley was laughing with me and some other friends about something and then this guy, which had a crush on her, tried to act cool and wrote with a marker something on her new Converse… I tell you, I have never been so scared in my life she pushed him to the ground and started kicking him on the gut; I had to get in between her to stop her. She was red and angry.

After that Brian, my gay friend, (who confessed to me in my senior year that he “liked” and you can guess how that turned out) have asked one of the employees to bring those little cake and to sing to me. I didn’t notice at all and when they came I jumped and yelped. Then I started laughing and we ate the little cake.

My life doesn’t have romance, doesn’t have tragedy and excitement. I’m just a normal 18 year old girl who is beginning a new life at collage. I’m still waiting for my first kiss and for my first boyfriend, I still have one if my best friends in my collage and I love her with all my life and I have met new ones even thou I’m not a very social life.

On my 18th birthday I realize that I have to become a woman and be independent. That realization of been alone and brave to do stuff on my own stung too. I miss my high school years but not as much anymore. I have to admit that at the beginning I didn’t have motivation of moving on but now that I’m on my second semester I need to give it all. I want to make my future.

No romance, no tragedy and no excitement… just life.
♠ ♠ ♠
^-^ I hope you like it lovely readers!!