Status: accepting authors

Painted Scenes

October 8th

I love fall, not only for the nearly perfect weather, but for the amazing scenery that comes with the cooler weather. I didn’t find out till I was about seven or eight that the leaves change color due to the color temperature. Which blew my mind, I thought they just chose to change color or they got sick. Then, I start to think about the millions of trees in my little town in Georgia. How could all those trees be sick?

I remember one fall, me, my brother, and two of our neighbors made a good deal of money raking people’s yards. We would go after school and on the weekends and rake up the leaves in people’s yards; it would take awhile though because we would jump in them. How can you not? It’s so much fun when you do so. One of our neighbors even paid us in homemade pizza.

After that fall, we vowed to do it again next year, but we couldn’t. I moved further into the country the following summer. We Already lived in a city in Georgia which that could be considered a somewhat country town. However, we still had to move further, which was fine with me. I loved it out there; we had two arcs of land it turned into a world of color during the fall.

My first birthday there was okay; we stayed inside with my new stepfather, mother, brother and two new stepbrothers. I really wanted to be outside, where we had a big trampoline and room to run. I just opened my presents quickly, I hardly notice my stepfather run off somewhere. I was told to stay inside until he came back. I really wanted to be outside though, but I just sat there with my new doll and waited for him to come back.

I was glad I did though cause when he did I ran out side and was greeted by a small, slobbery puppy. Oh did I love the rest of the fall, I ran with my new dog, Barney, and play with my three brothers. I am never going to forget that birthday.