Married To The Mafia...?

nuclear...

"Business is still strong, I don't see why he would suggest firing anybody." I looked up from the piece of paper at Emmanuel, confusion filling my voice.

"I don't know," His voice was tired but he'd passed on any offers at going home. "Maybe he can see something we can't-"

"Maybe he just wants us to completely fail."

"Amelia, he's still your father-in-law."

"No, think about it Emmanuel, if this place was shut down, lost everything he'd be able to ride in on his chariot and save the day. To anyone else it would just look like he's helping out the poor widow of his son, but in reality he gains everything from our demise."

I knew it was wrong, I knew it was cunning and it wasn't the type of thing Antonio would ever set out to do. But I didn't know what to think anymore. He apparently owned a large share in my hotel, a share he was selling for a few quick million. I hadn't listened to the idea of selling what remind, instead Emmanuel had offered to help with the business side of everything placing a new head of security in his old position. We found ourselves most nights, sitting up late scouring over paperwork, files, invoices anything that could help us. It made me desperately wish my business savvy husband was there to draw the lines between the dots and make sense of everything.

"I don't think his enterprise means more than his family."

"I'm not his family anymore." My voice was small and sad as I scanned over an invoice for some act Ethan had hired as entertainment for one of the lobby bars.

"You know he doesn't believe that."

"The way he spoke the other night made it very clear Emmanuel." I was still nursing hurt feelings over Antonio's harsh words. "What's this?"

Emmanuel moved to look over my shoulder at the receipt. "I don't know-" He plucked it from my grasp reading over it slowly, "It's for a plane ticket."

"Plane ticket..." I let the words roll around my tongue for a moment before snatching it back and reading the information. "It's to Italy, for a month ago."

One month. That was exactly how long I had been surviving without Ethan, the amour of time I had face days alone with no husband. 

"A month? Maybe Ethan was planning on taking you back here for a while."

I shook my head, "It's only for one ticket."

"Maybe he was planning to send you, what with the whole Mason situation and all."

"I told him not to even try it. He knew I wouldn't go, it doesn't make sense that he bought a ticket."

Emmanuel walked slowly back over to his desk closing up his mountain if folders for the night. "I don't know. What I do know is that he adored you and would have done anything to keep you safe, if it bothers you so much call the airline in the morning. But it's getting late-"

I nodded slowly, my heart truly touched by the perfect words he'd just shared. Quickly I shut the drawer, forcing the receipt inside and grabbed my scattered belongings before following Emmanuel out of the head office and through the security labs. I smiled gently at one of the technicians but something else made my blood run cold.

I was barely aware of Emmanuel stopping short of the door, noticing that I had frozen in place.

"You alright?" He was by my side within an instant.

"Camera nine." It was all I could say as I stared at the fuzzy screen, my heart beating a mile a minute. 

The technician quickly dragged the footage to a large display and the whole world stood still. His eyes were what originally caught my attention, the velvety smile the next feature to make my palms sweat. He was standing alone and tall against the dark background, his eyes starring down the barrel of the camera as if he knew we were watching.

"Amelia," Emmanuel touches my arm slightly and I looked up at his tears swelling in my eyes.

I tugged gently out of his grasp and raced toward the door, only stopping when my hand was on the door knob and Emmanuel had practically screamed my name once more.

"I have to find him."

It was all I said as I ran out of the office, but I knew he'd understand. It was only natural for me to run to him and silently I was glad Emmanuel was close behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is where the summer ends
In a flash of pure destruction no-one wins
It's going nuclear.


Bum bum bummmmmm
Who is it?

Thanks for taking your time to love :)
I adore you.

chapter title & song credit: Ryan Adams- Nuclear