Married To The Mafia...?

like a gentleman...

"Definately not."

"Ethan, this is beyond ridiculous!" my voice raised through the tension filled air. I hadn't seen natural sun light in three days. "You can't keep me agaisnt my own will like a prisoner."

"It's not prison Amelia." His voice was frustrated as he wiped a hand down over his face, his eyes closed, "it's for your own good."

"Mason is not going to get me the second I leave this room. Besides you'll be with me every second." Ethan had gone insane since Mason had popped up on security footage. I hadn't been allowed to leave our penthouse suite due to the idea my estranged brother could attack at any second. The idea was lucid and based on no solid facts other than a previous encounter and I was plain and simply tired of the same four walls. "It's a business meeting Ethan, I have to be there."

"You're not going. I've already asked Emanuel to keep you company while I'm away." he watched as I huffed and rolled my eyes turning my back and focusing my attention on the view of bright fluroscent lights below. "It's the only thing I could think of to keep you safe until tomorrow." His hand leant softly against my shoulder as the tone of his voice dropped to pleading. I simply shrugged his hand away and moved over to the sofa, flipping the television on and settling over the expensive leather.

Ethan had won this round.

I heard a faint knock upon the front door and the sound of hinges creaking. Emanuel stepped cautiously into the room, most likely feeling the thick growth of tension that suffocated every ounce of oxygen from the room.

"I promise," Ethan leant down to pick up the silver wrist watch from the coffee table and fastened it to his let hand. It was a personal trait he had aquired, he never left without his watch. "As soon as they get back tomorrow we'll figure something out."

Antonio and Maria Radev hadn't immediately returned to Vegas, instead they had decided to stay with family in Italy and travel Europe a little more. Unlike Ethan and I, they weren't newlyweds, they weren't immediate heirs to a multi-millions dollar enterprise, their employees weren't traitors. They could stay away for as long as possible and know their world was in safe hands, that was until Ethan had called them over the incident with Mason, now they were flying home.

Slowly I looked up and over at Ethan, his dark hair sweept perfectly across his face in a messy style, his piercing eyes looking softly down at me while his arms shrugged on a leather jacket. He picked up the suite keys in his left hand and shuffled forward one or two steps. "Be safe." His left hand braced himself on the back of the sofa as he bent forward to kiss my forehead, but in my state of pure anger and frustration at his over protectiveness I turned my face away.

"Enjoy your meeting." My voice was laced with sarcasim. It was my meeting, I had called it, organised it. I had prepared the information and presentations.

"Please." his face was still close to mine and his breath swept across the side of my next as he whispered gently, his lips pushing a delictae kiss to the side of my face before he shook Emanuel's hand and walked out of the suite we now called home.

Mason's eyes were bright in the dark, his viscious smile fitting with the cunning laugh pouring from his chapped lips. I stayed still in my hiding place, daring not to even breathe in case he discovered me.

I heard the scrape of chairs moving and the sounds of shattering glass and in an instant I watched as a small girl ran directly out before him. Her small dress flowing with the movements of her legs. Instinct made me cry out after her and instantly she froze, turning back in my direction our identical eyes meeting; she was a child version of myself.

But as fast as she appeared she had disappeared and in her place stood Mason; wicked smile at the ready, gun pointed at my face.


"Amelia." I felt hands upon my shoulders and instantly I sprang awake, sweat pouring from every pore in my skin, fear breaking down my walls. Ethan's eyes stared at me from beside the bed we shared.

I felt reality kick in and let the choked sob build up in the back of my throat, tears leaked from my stinging eyes and tremours shocking my limbs to shake. It had been a dream, I knew that but it didn't take away the fear of how real it seemed.

Ethan wasted no time in falling upon the matress by my side and wrapping his warm arms around me. My left hand gripped his plain white t-shirt while my right lent gently against his neck. I burried my face into his collar bone and let the pent-up feeling of dread and fear loose.

I would be lying if I said the idea of Mason so close by didn't have me running scared.

Calmly I listened to Ethan's voice as he whispered in my ear lying us both over the bed, my head no longer sought the delicate feel of a pillow but the strong warmth of Ethan's chest as he absent mindedly laced his fingers through my hair, his free arm holding me dangerously close while his lips left soft subtle kisses along my forehead.

My mind dragged with exhaustion as I kept a firm grip of his t-shirt in one hand. I listened to the steady stream of beats from within his chest cavity and felt my eyes grow tired. Ethan's voice whsipering sweet nothings the very last thing I heard until my subconscious took over completely.
♠ ♠ ♠
I could fight a war like a veteran
give you a little more like a gentleman
learning from before be a better man
and I know I need to


my goodness... it astounds me how lovely you are all.
you're so magic :)

it's cold and stormy tonight.
it's 1.30am and i'm not tired :(
i've been listening to Brighten sooo much these past few days.
if you haven't got their latest ep i suggest you get onto that shit, it's perfect.

thankyou for your love
xx

chapter title & song credit: Brighten- Without You