Married To The Mafia...?

always where i need to be...

"I'm not going back to Italy..."my sentance was final, no matter how much I feared Mason and understood the extremes he was willing to go to, I refused to hide away like a coward. Ethan blankly called it stupidity, but I didn't care.

"Amelia-"

"Ethaniel, it's her choice." Antonio's calm wisdom put rest to our arguement, it eased the tension and for me won my side of the battle.

"This is ridiculous." Ethan stood from the sofa and paced slowly across the living room of the Radev mansion. "The more time we waste, the more easier it is for him to find us, to learn our routine..."

I knew what he was hinting at; if Mason had enough time to study our movements he would be able to track when I was alone and vulnerable. it sent goose bumps all over my skin.

Ethan stood firm on the idea of fleeing the country for the second time in under three months, I stood ever more strong against the notion and Antonio agreed on my behalf. Ethan only grew more and more angry and frustrated.

My shoes crunched agaisnt cobble stones as we glided from the mansion and toward the sleak black BMW parked and waiting to take us home. Ethan held my door open and closed it tightly before he quietly spoke to his father. He climbed into the driver's side and placed a foot on the accelerator as silence fell and a tension rose through the air like mercury in a themometre.

Vegas looked completely different in the daylight. Lights didn't shine quite as bright and cars didn't drive with such exhilirated determination. I watched as suburbia changed to the busy strip and waterfalls appeared almost everywhere.

I moved on my own accord down the hallways, my mind deep in thought about Mason, if he was watching, if he was around. I wondered what he had planned in that sick and twisted mind of his, what he hoped to achieve. The last time he had almost brought the mafia to it's demise, I could only imagine what he now had potential for. I could hear the drone of conversation around me but I fazed out, not interested in the conversations of strangers. That was until I realised I was suddenly surrounded entirely but pure silence.

My heart beat raced slightly, I had wandered aimlessly and suddenly I was lost. Lost in my own hotel. The walls looked the same and every door seemed to portray the same number. I swallowed a lump forming in my throat and spun quickly in a full circle. Nobody stood in the corridoor yet I could hear the sound of footsteps growing ever closer. My thoughts of Mason immediately had me running in the opposite direction, the footsteps only got louder.

Thudding in my chest my heart pounded in my ears. There were only so many places I could run to, I could hide in. I prayed somebody in security could see the fear growing wild in my eyes and had called for assistance, if not; somebody was about to lose their job.

Fearing the worst I threw myself against a cut out wall, my back flat to the person following me. I prayed that for a moment they would simply walk past, too absorbed in their chase to think of checking every wall cavity in sight. I heard the sound of keys touching and held my breath. Footsteps etched closer and closer with every heart beat, I had never been so scared in my entire life. Silence over took everything until the simple white iPhone in my pocket let a startled scream into the hallway.

Tears formed in my eyes within a second, I knew it was completely over, I was done for.

I felt a hand on my elbow and pushed a startled cry from my lungs.

"Amelia? what are you doing?" Ethan's eyes had never looked so amazing in the light of fear and suddenly I felt completely stupid.

My next move was one that startled both myself and Ethan as my hands collided with fists full of his navy blue t-shirt and I pulled him closer to me, our lips smashing togeher. At first they stayed still as realisation of just what exactly I had done settled into my brain. But the thought quickly melted when I felt Ethan's arms bring me even closer, his lips pushing back against my own.

Back to a wall one of my hands ventured up ward through his thick, perfect hair. The other loosened around the clump of his t-shirt. I felt him press closer to me, his mouth hungry against mine. His fingers dug longingly into one of my hip bones as the other rested perfectly on the side of my throat and face.

I breathed deeply as we parted, my eyes cast down to the thin fabric of his t-shirt a blossom red blush crawling over my cheeks. I rested my palms flat against his chest and bit my lip slowly thinking of anything that would eliminate the slightly awkward silence.

"I was so scared." I was panting slightly, "why didn't you say something?"

"What are you talking about." Ethan moved so I was staring into his confused eyes.

"When I was running, why didn't you call out my name? I was terrified Ethan, I thought somebody was following me."

"Following you?" He bent his neck slightly so we were almost at perfect eye level. "Amelia, I came around the corner and found you hiding behind a wall... there was nobody in the hall-"

My eyes grew wide and I watched as his browd crossed in frustrated anger while realisation dawned on him.

"Come on." Ethan's hand held mine protectively as he pulled me slowly behind him, his arm quickly wrapped around my small frame and he pushed a kiss to the side of my head, the mere notion making my stomach float with butterflies, a feeling I had never quite aquired from a simple gesture by Ethan Radev.

I stammered with my brain as we walked slowly. If I had been followed. Which I swore on my life was the case then there was only one person who could safely be at blame; Mason Samuels.
♠ ♠ ♠
Because I am always where I need to be
And I always thought I would end up
with you, eventually.


it's so lovely to hear from you all.
i hope you like the direction im taking...?
the next one might make you go "awwww"
haha

tell me what you think, i know you will :)
xx

chapter title and song credit: The Kooks: Always Where I Need to Be.