This Is a Reason for Broken Wings

First Days Never Go As Planned

The next day I sat in the front passenger seat of my brother's car as he drove me to work.

"How's your hand?" He asked.

Yesterday I ended up getting twenty-three fucking stitches in my hand, great huh? I tried to close my hand into a tight fist but the sting of the skin stretching and contorting against the stitches stopped me from moving it too much.

"Eh, it's a little sore." I said, looking out the window.

"Dude, I can't believe you actually worked Matt over like that." Johnny spoke up from the back. "It was pretty damn scary at the time but once I think back to it...It was amazing." He said, pronouncing 'amazing' with a sort of awe in his voice.

"Well, maybe now he won't try to fuck with me again." I said stiffly.

"Yeah, the day that he learns his lesson will be the day that he fixes that hole he fucking punched through my wall." Zacky said, narrowing his eyes at the road.

Yeah, before Matt left he sort of left a big ass hole in the wall by the front door from where he punched through it. Guess he doesn't like the fact that a girl put him in his place.

"Alright, here we are then." Zacky said, pulling up to a rather attractive building. "Come on." He said when he saw that I had wrinkled up my nose...not at the building but because of the fact that I had to work.

Apparently Zacky was good friends with the owner of the shop and his girlfriend also worked there. Last night Zacky had had a long talk with me about this job. I guess he was scared that I'd go all ape shit on one of the customers seeing as how I have a semi short temper span. I climbed out and followed Zacky and Johnny inside, letting my eyes examine the various hair products that lined the walls.

"Hey, Zacky, you're late." A voice stated...Wait, I knew that voice.

I looked past Zacky and my eyes landed on...

"Lissa?" I asked, walking towards her.

"Hey, bitch." She smirked. "I heard you've been a little shit lately."

I smiled nervously and looked down at the ground...'Little shit' seems to be an understatement.

"Well, are you just gonna stand there like an idiot or are you gonna at least give me a hug because I haven't seen you for like five years?" She asked with a hint of laughter in her voice.

Melissa is one of the only people who I let talk to me that, what with the smart ass remarks and such. I laughed and finally pulled her into a hug. I grew up with Lissa and she was one of my best friends besides my brother. Whenever I was in trouble in school or something, she was right there with me and vice versa.

I guess it was our short tempers and rowdiness that had bonded us to begin with. She stuck by me when I had turned into a bitch but couldn't take it anymore when she saw the mess I had become.

"Hmm." She said, taping my anti-eyebrow every so slightly. "I like." She grinned.

"Likewise." I said, pointing to the full sleeve on her left arm.

'Yeah." She smirked. "Anyway, let's get you settled here. I'm sure Zacky has already told you that if you start shit around here you're gone."

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Alright, just clearing that up." She said as she took me off to give me a 'tour' of the shop.

About fifteen minutes later she was done and we were back at the front to where Zacky was being cozy with someone who I assumed to be his girlfriend and Johnny as messing with his Mohawk with some sort of colored gel.

"Johnny...stop." Lissa said, raising an eyebrow at him.

He just flipped her the bird, causing her to reach over and smack him upside the head, and cleared her throat, trying to get Zacky's attention. When they didn't respond she cleared her throat once more, this time making herself louder.

"Yo, you two, Lissa has something she wants to say." Johnny said, throwing an empty bottle of shampoo that them.

"Hey, bitch." Zacky said angrily, glaring at Johnny. "Oh." He added, spotting me and Lissa standing there. "Uh, Amber, this is my sister, Lauren. Lauren, this is Amber."

"Oh, hello." She said, flashing a smile and wave.

"Hi." I said shyly.

I fucking hope Zacky hasn't told her about all me because I don't want her to get the wrong impression of me. I mean, come on, I'm turning over a new leaf here. There was an awkward silence that followed that was broken by Johnny letting out a loud fart. Lissa, Amber, and I gave him a very disgusted look while he and Zacky cracked up laughing.

"Well, you losers should get going because we still have to set up for today." Lissa said, pulling out her book that had her appointments and what not in it.

"What? You're kicking us out?" Johnny asked, trying to sound shocked.

"Uh, yeah, that's exactly that I'm doing." She said, not bothering to look at him.

"Oh." He said, looking a bit crestfallen.

The day went rather well, I guess. Lissa had me answering the phone and scheduling people most of the time. But because there wasn't too many people that came in today we sat around most of the time bull shittin'. Amber turned out to be a pretty cool cat and I knew that she, like Lissa and I, wouldn't take shit from anybody. For a while it seemed like old times again but then Lissa brought me back to date when she asked about my hand.

"Oh..." I trailed off, already knowing that she knew what happened.

"Syn told me that you worked Matt over pretty good." She grinned.

"Yeah, even Zacky was pretty amused by that." Amber added.

I shrugged my shoulders and looked back down at my bandaged up hand.

"Matt really is a good guy, you know. But he can be a real big jerk off from time to time." Lissa said.

"Right...I have to say is that he'd better stay the fuck away from me." I mumbled.

Thankfully a customer came in just then to break up the conversation and thankfully he was hot as hell and thankfully he brought a couple of his sexy ass friends. As Lissa worked on the dudes hair I spent my time flirting with his friends. Fuck, I knew I shouldn't be but I couldn't help it; I felt that burning desire growing inside me and I couldn't stop myself, I knew how this was gonna end.

At the end of the day, I waited outside for the guys to come and pick me up, hoping that my brother wouldn't show up first. Finally I saw them pulling up in their black mustang, hoping in as they opened the door for me.

Just as I disappeared into the back seat I saw my brothers car approaching but we were out of there before he pulled into the parking lot. I made it back to my brother's house at about 11 o'clock that night straddling the line between being drunk and having a good buzz.

"Where the fuck have you been?" He asked angrily as I walked through the door.

I stopped and took a look around the room, finding Johnny, Syn, Lissa, Amber, Jimmy, and someone who I took to be his girlfriend sitting by him, in the room as well, staring at me in shock.

"Never fucking mind." I mumbled.

"Damn it Lauren, do I have to fucking go with you everywhere to make sure you don't fucking run off?!"

"Leave me alone." I spat, turning back towards the door.

"Where the fuck are you going now?!" He yelled.

"To fuck some more guys." I said sarcastically.

I heard some footsteps approaching the door so I broke into a run, which was real awkward seeing as how my legs wanted to give out underneath me. I ran as fast and straight as my drunken legs would allow me and slipped into some woods, slowing to a walk as soon as I was secured in its sanctuary.

Somehow I managed to stumble through the trees and brush, finally coming into the clear along some street. I took off walking down the dark street, not having a fucking clue as to where I was heading but suddenly someone caught me from behind.

"Hey, what's a sexy girl like you doing out here by yourself?" A cold voice asked.

"Get the fuck off me." I said, trying to pull myself away but found his grip on my arm too tight for my drunken state.

"Whoa, looks like we got a feisty one here." The dude said as another figure stepped into view. "Don't worry babe, we'll be fast."

- || Matt's POV || -
Fuck, I felt like a fucking idiot because I gotten beat up by a freaking girl, and very fucking hot one at that. Hey, don't be thinking like that, a voice scolded at the back of my mind. She's a bitch and you don't like her so don't fucking think like that, it continued on.

"Yeah, whatever." I answered it out loud.

I sighed to myself as I continued along the familiar route to Zacky's house. Why are you going back there, you might ask. Honestly I wouldn't be going back there but Zacky called and demanded that my presence was required. I knew that if I didn't go over there a couple of the guys would show up and make me go over there even against my will. I felt like a fucking fool going over there with my new shiner and gash in my forehead but I had to.

The reasoning why I was needed over there was beyond me. I sighed to myself again as I made a left down a rather 'shady' street and suddenly my lights spilled over some sort of commotion that was taking place in the middle of the street. I stopped to look twice as I realized what was going on. Some dude had a hold of a chick with her arms pulled behind her back while another dude was trying to force himself on her.

I narrowed my eyes as I parked my car and got out; nobody deserves to be treated like that. I pulled the guy trying to force himself onto the away first and punched him across the face with everything I had, sending him to fall flat on his ass. Hell yeah I knocked that son of a bitch out cold. I turned back to the last guy and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, seeing as how he was trying to make a run for it and knocked his bitch ass out as well.

I looked down to the chick whom had fallen to the ground...Thankfully they weren't able to do anything to her yet. I took her gently into my arm and pulled her up, brushing her long black hair out of her face.

"Are you okay-Lauren?" I asked, just about dropping her back to the ground.

"Matt." She said, eyeing me coldly.

I had a half mind to still let her drop back to the ground but I held onto her.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked gently.

"Fuck, never fucking mind." She spat, pulling away from me, stumbling a bit over her feet.

I narrowed my eyes at her, realizing that she was drunk and grabbed her arm firmly, leading her to my car. When she put up a drunken fight I picked her up and packed her the rest of the way, shoving her in through the driver's side and pushed her the rest of the way in as I settled myself behind the wheel.

"I could have fucking handled that on my own." She slurred as I started off towards Zacky's.

"Right, it really looked like it." I said coldly.

"Damn straight...Where the fuck are you taking me?" She questioned.

"I'm taking you home."

"Fuck, let me out right now." She demanded, trying to hit me.

"Hey, fucking cool it alright?!" I yelled, grabbing a hold of her arm.

She let out a sound of disgust and pulled her arm away from me, crossing the both of them in font of her chest. I rolled my eyes and thankfully Zacky's house came into sight.

"Come on." I said, getting out and shutting the door behind me.

I let out an impatient sigh and went over to open her door, picking her up and throwing her over my shoulder.

"Fucking put me down right now!" She yelled, beating her drunken fists on my back.

As I approached the front door I heard some voices arguing inside. I opened the door to find that our whole gang was here and that they had all stopped to stare at me with an intoxicated Lauren thrown over my shoulder.
- || End of Matt's POV || -