This Is a Reason for Broken Wings

Summer Plans

- || Zacky's POV || -
I stared at Matt as he stood there in the doorway with my inebriated sister flung over his shoulder as she beat upon his back in hopes that he'd release her. He glanced nervously around at us, pulling his beanie down lower as if it'd be able to hide his black eye and shut the door behind him.

"Fucking...asshole..." Lauren said, her voice growing quieter by the second. "Let...me..." She trailed off, falling silent and still, indicating that she was now fast asleep, thanks to all the alcohol running through her system.

"Uh, where do you want her?" He asked quietly.

I motioned for him to follow me up the stairs and I led him to her room.

"So..." I started as he pulled her blankets back and gently lay her down on her bed. "Where did you find her?"

"A couple streets down from here." He said softly as he sat down on the bed and gently started to take her shoes and sweatshirt off.

"Oh."

"These dudes were trying to rape her." He mumbled.

"W-what?" I asked in shock.

"I knocked them out cold...They're probably still passed out in the street there."

"I-I, holy shit. I ... " I trailed off. "Well, thank y-"

"Don't worry about it." He said, cutting me off. "Nobody deserves that sort of shit." He said, standing up and pulling the covers over her. "Even if they are a fucking cruel bitch." He added, walking over to me.

"Matt, I know that Lauren is a walking time bomb but she really is a good person." I said quietly as we walked out of the room.

"Yeah, I'm sure she is in her own little way." He said coldly as I shut the door softly behind me.

I chose not to answer him and we made our way back down to the living room.

"So...what the fuck was so important that I had to come over here?" Matt asked, taking a seat on my bean bag.

"We want you out of the band." Johnny said.

"What?!" Matt yelled, standing up.

"Fuck, calm down, he was just joking." I said, getting annoyed as I watched Matt shoot Johnny a death glare.

"Seriously though, we got a call today from the label...They're moving back the start of our recording for six-eight months."

"What? Why the fuck would they do that?" He asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"So now...we're heading out on the Warped Tour in four weeks...We'll be on it all summer and then we have about a week off before we have to head out on another two month tour." Syn said.

"Fuck...Well, there doesn't sound like we have much of a choice here." Matt mumbled. "So...why did I have to be here when you told me this?" He asked slowly.

"Actually, we just wanted you here to see how bad Lauren fucked you up." Jimmy smirked.

"Fuck you guys." Matt retorted angrily, storming towards the door.

The guys busted up laughing as he slammed the door shut behind him.

"Dude, why aren't you laughing?" Johnny asked when he saw I still had a troubled look on my face.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Is it Lauren?" Amber asked, patting the spot next to her on the couch so I'd go join her.
I sighed as I took a seat.

"You guys, I can't leave her here by herself while we go on tour." I said quietly.

"Well...Are you proposing that she goes with us?" Jimmy asked.

Although I remained silent I knew that my answer shone through my expression.

"Zacky, your mom asked you to help her...Not become her fucking...babysitter." Syn said.

"Plus, if she does go you know that the whole time it's gonna be her and Matt fighting non-stop." Jimmy added.

I thought to myself for a couple of seconds, trying to find an alternate solution.

"Zacky, you know how it is on the Warped Tour...parties, drinking, drugs...Is that the sort of environment you Lauren to be around when you're trying to get her to stop it in the first place?" Amber asked quietly.

"Lauren can always stay with me." Lissa piped in. "You know I can stand my ground against her." She added with a smirk.

"Yeah, I know you can." I laughed slightly, remembering all the fist fights that the two had gotten into when we were younger. "But...You guys, I'll just feel safer if she was with me, you know?"

Jimmy, Johnny, and Syn feel silent, thinking hard about whether or not we should take Lauren with us on tour.

"Well..." Syn trailed off.
- || End of Zacky's POV || -

The next morning I woke up to a slight headache and my brothers face hovering over me, his eyes full of accusation.

"I didn't beat anybody up last night...Did I?" I asked, taking the two Advil he handed me and a glass of water.

He shook his head as he took a seat on the edge of my bed.

"At least not since Matt brought you back here."

I choked slightly, sending a good sized wave of water down the wrong pipe.

"What? How the fuck did I end up with him? Wait...I didn't-"

"No, you did not get with him!" Zacky said suddenly, almost of he were horrified by the though of me and Matt...uh, yeah...

"Okay." I said, relaxing some. "So...What happened then?"

Zacky tilted his head to the side a bit, staring at me.

"You don't remember anything that happened last night?" He asked quietly.

"No."

He let out a long sigh before he started to speak once again.

"Well, you came stumbling in the front door around 11 o'clock or so and when I asked you were you were you basically told me to fuck off and took off saying you were going to fuck some more guys."

"Uh...oh..."

"And then Matt found you stumbling around a couple streets down and he brought you back here."

I frowned slightly, trying to think of something to say.

"He said that some guys were trying to..." He trailed off, looking back down at the floor.

"Trying...to what?" I asked hesitantly with various possibilities running wild through my head.

"Um...Well the point is that he stopped it and you should at least thank him for it." Zacky said quietly.

"I...fuck..." I mumbled.

"I don't know what the deal is between you two but you guys are gonna have to get over it because you're gonna be spending a lot of time with him for the next few months. I mean...a lot of time...in a very...confined space."

"What do you mean?"

"Lauren...the guys and I are going on tour in a month." He paused for a second, fiddling with his thumbs. "As much as I want to I just...I can't trust you being here by yourself...You're coming with us on tour...Not to party and fuck around...But you're gonna be working at our merch table." He said quietly. "I just can't have you here by yourself."

"Zacky, you don't have to fucking baby sit me." I said angrily.

"Lauren, I don't have a fucking choice! You're the one acting like a little kid here so you can't blame me when I fucking treat you like one." He retorted.

I remained silent, giving the wall across from me a cold, hard stare.

"Now get up and get ready for work." He said angrily, standing up and disappeared through the door.

I cursed somewhat under my breath as I got up and walked across the room to slam my door shut as I got my clothes out for the day. The ride to work was quiet and I sat there, fuming the whole time about having to make amends with Matt later on.

"Alright...I'll pick you up for lunch so don't fucking think about running off." Zacky said before I shut the door.

I let out an impatient sigh and closed it, slowly making my way to the shop, packing my Carmel Mocha Frappachio with Java Chips in hand.

"Hey, what's up bitch." Lissa said as soon as I walked through the door.

"Oh...nothing much." I mumbled. "Besides that fact that I almost got rapped last night and I'm going on tour with the guys so they can baby sit me."

"Oh...awesome."

"But, judging by your reaction you already knew that." I sighed, taking a seat in one of the booths while she flipped through her appointment book.

"Yeah, I did."

I nodded my head and took a sip of my drink.

"So how does it feel to be a twenty year old chick that still needs a baby sitter from time to time?" She asked, not bothering to look up at me.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Honestly...It fucking sucks. It sucks knowing that nobody can really trust you with anything and..." I trailed off, sighing loudly.

"And what?" She asked quietly, glancing over at me.

"I don't know..." I mumbled. "It fucking sucks even more knowing that...I can't even trust myself...I just...I don't know...I'm just a fucked up little shit." I said bitterly.

"Lauren." She sighed. "You're not a fucked up little shit."

I looked up at her, biting my lip slightly.

"You're just...'special'." She smirked, motioning the quotation marks.

I let out a little laugh. "Fuck off."