Status: Semi-active. Kind of a side story. Updates whenever I update. Comment? (:

Things I'll Never Say.

If There's Nothing Missing In My Life, Than Why Do These Tears Come At Night?

Symone sat quietly in Defense Against the Dark Arts with Draco on her left, smirking. She had gotten off easy since it was Professor Snape and Slughorn that had found them.

Slughorn had taken Sydney to the Hospital Wing and Snape told Draco to keep a closer watch on Symone or next time she'd get detention.

Symone figured herself lucky, and smiled at the thought of spending more time with Draco.

"What are you smiling about?" Draco asked Symone.

Symone was snapped out of her trance by Draco's voice but calmly replied, "Nothing. I am a free spirit, free spirits dream. I was day dreaming."

"True," said Draco, "but you only smile like that when it has to do with me."

Damn, busted, Symone thought. Then she smirked.

"So now you're not only staring at my ass, but the way I smile too?" Symone teased.

Draco paused, trying to think of something to say. Symone knew she had him cornered. As Professor Snape began class, Draco smirked.

"If you keep pointing out the obvious," Draco began, "it'll make me believe you like that I stare at you."

Symone's cheeks flushed pink again, did he just admit that he stares at me...?

"Ah, pshtt, tch, ha, yeah right dude. Enjoy that theory." Symone quickly covered.

Draco chuckled and Symone rolled her eyes thinking, yupp, I blew it.

"Symmie, you're bloody aweful at lying." Draco said, looking at the girl from the corner of his eye.

Symone rested her chin in the palm of her hand muttering, "Only to you..."

"Hm?" Draco said, acting as though he had no clue what she had said.

"N-nothing..." Symone covered.

It was true, Symone could look anyone in the eye and lie to them about anything and they'd never know. Except to Draco. Symone's bond with Draco made it so she could never lie to him. Or at least she could, but not well...at all.

Professor Snape looked up at Draco with a look only Draco understood and he grimaced. Symone looked at her best friend with curious and concerned eyes.

"What was that about?" She asked Draco when Snape had gone back to his lesson.

Draco's eyes had gone cold and distant. "Nothing." He answered the innocent girl so coldly.

Symone's blue irises eyed her best friend warmly yet hurt. He had never spoken to her like that before. Ever.

"Draco," Symone said stern and caringly, "what in hell, is the matter?"

Draco refused to even look at her. "I told you, it's nothing."

He made the mistake of adding 'it's' before 'nothing'. Now Symone knows something is definetly wrong.

"What's gotten into you all of a sudden?" Symone asked, growing concerned.

"It's nothing, okay?" Draco replied harshly, glaring at the poor girl.

Just as Symone felt tears begin to form in her eyes, it was the end of class. She grabbed her bag and ran out of the classroom, holding back tears by biting her lip.

Symone's next class was her free period and then lunch, so she ran all the way into the Dark Forest and cried for the first time because of Draco Malfoy.

Draco felt like a complete idiot for making Symmie cry. He had never done such a thing before. He was always the one to make her stop crying.

As he walked out of the class, Blaise Zabini came up to him and arched an eyebrow.

"By the way little Symone ran out of there," Blaise said, "I take it you of all people did something beyond stupid?"

"Where is she, Zabini?" Draco practically growled at the boy.

"I think she ran into the Dark Forest. Try not to say anything to upset her again or no one may know where she is. Not even you." As Blaise walked away, Draco ran towards the Dark Forest.

I don't want Symmie in any of this, but I can't push her away--that's like homicide to her and suicide to me, He thought as he ran.

Lucky for him, it didn't take Draco very long to find Symone. Unlucky for him, she was unconcious on the ground.

"Symone!" Draco shouted as he ran to the girl's fragile body.

"Symone, Symone can you hear me?" He said frantically as he held the raven haired girl in his arms.

It looked as though Symone's teary eyes had caused her vision to blur slightly causing her to trip and hit her head on not only a large tree root, but a good sized rock as well.

"Symmie don't do this to me!" Draaco shouted, trying to wake her up. Draco ran a hand through her long black hair, then checked to see if she was cut or had a bump on her head. All that was found was a small cut on her cheek and forehead and she scraped a knee.

Draco leaned his head against hers, crying as well. "Symmie you have to wake up. You just have to." The didn't budge other than small breaths here and there as though she was asleep.

"Symmie, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to say any of that to you or glare at you or anything. I just don't want to drag you into anything. I'm sorry for everything Symmie."

"Why do you call me Symmie?" The girl at last choked out.

Draco looked down at her with big and teary eyes. "Symmie?"

"That makes the fifth time you've called me 'Symmie' since you found me. You've been calling me that since the day we met. But why?" Symone said, gently smiling as her eyes fluttered open.

Draco's eyes became soft and relieved as he pulled the girl tightly into his arms. "I'm sorry, Symmie. I shouldn't have such a bloody jerk to you."

Symone smiled into his chest and wrapped her arms around him. "You came for me and freaked out when you saw me; you're forgiven you big idiot."

Draco smiled and kissed Symone's forehead, causing her cheeks to pink for the third time that day.

"I should get you to the Hospital Wing."

"I'm fine, really."

"Well, I want to be sure of that."

"Well, I know I'm fine." She mimicked him.

"Well, you don't have much of a choice." Draco finished, picking her up bridal style.

Symone stuck her tongue out at him and said, "You know, Karma really is a bitch."

"How so?"

"I decked my sister and a tree root and a rock tag teamed and decked me."

Draco laughed. "Just be glad your pretty little face came out unscathed."

Make that four times that Symone blushed that morning.

In a song I like, it says, "Isn't she lovely; This Hollywood girl? And they say, she's so lucky, she's a star. But she cry, cry, cries in her lonely heart thinking, if there's nothing missing in my life, than why do these tears come at night?"

But she's not the lucky one, I am.


I always love being in Draco's arms. Always.
♠ ♠ ♠
I would like to thank skitzophrenia for commenting(:
If you like this story, you should definetly chek out her story Souls to Steal.
I love it(:

The purple thought at the bottom is Symone comparing her life to a song she likes. I might do that every so often. I did it now because I was listening to the song and figured it fit. Hahaa.

Comment&&Subscribe?
Or just comment,
I love comments(: