Status: Semi-active. Kind of a side story. Updates whenever I update. Comment? (:

Things I'll Never Say.

Cross Your Fingers and Say Goodbye.

Symone had been very lucky that day; she decked her sister without detention, hit her head and didn't get a concussion of any sort, and didn't get in trouble for being in the Dark Forest.

But Draco had made the mistake of telling the little hell angel that he had something he needed to take care of and he'd meet Symone in the common room later.

Once Draco was out of sight, Symone smirked and pulled the trick not even Draco knew about--her Shadow Illusion.

Symone has secretly been studying illusion-style magic for a few years now. Magic mirror duplicates, making people see things, even compulsion. But her Shadow Illusion was by far her favourite.

Symone's Shadow Illusion concealed her in shadows and allowed her to move in the shadows without being seen or even heard.

Draco turned quickly thinking someone was following. On the wall behind him was where Symone's sneaky shadow hid.

Symone followed her sneaky best friend to the seventh floor before she could begin to feel her hold on the illusion wearing thin.

Quickly as she could, she scrambled around a corner where her illusion broke and Symone sighed.

She narrowed her eyes and carefully peered around the corner, and caught sight of Draco looking very suspicious. Unfortunately for her, Karma really is being a bitch today;

As Symone attempted to look a little bit more out from the corner, she felt herself slipping and quickly covered her mouth to not make a sound as she fell forward.

One of these days Karma, Symone thought, I will defeat you at your own fucked up game.

As Symone lifted her face from the floor, she noticed a very familiar pair of black dress shoes and guiltily half-smiled at her best friend who stood before her.

I am so beyond busted, she thought.

"Symmie," Draco began, "what in bloody hell are you doing?"

Symone racked her mind for something to say other than, "I got curious and followed you. You seemed like you were up to no good but are we still cool?" Not an option.

"I'm a free spirit, and free spirits tend you wander subconciously. Would you mind telling me where I am exactly?" She covered, adding the end in an attempt that Draco would reveal something.

Draco raised and eyebrow but went with it. "Seventh floor. Shouldn't you get to class?"

"It's my free period. Shouldn't you get to Transfiguration?" Symone countered as he helped her up.

The two stared at each other, neither leaving either's eyes, in search for answers.

After a couple of minutes, the two put everything together after reading each other like a book.

The next three words out of both in unison were, "You followed me." and "You're hiding something."

"We've been friends for years," Symone said, "we promised each other no secrets. Why, all of a sudden, break that?"

Symone's eyes were a sorrowful and hurt shade of blue, growing glossy like she could cry again, and it broke Draco's heart.

The two were now so Symone's back was against the wall behind her, their foreheads touching, and Symone was holding back tears again.

"What's gotten into you lately?" Symone asked, her voice filled with pain.

"I'm trying to keep you safe." Draco said, holding back tears himself.

Symone looked up at him with angry and pained eyes. "By pushing me away? You think that's keeping me safe?" She spat.

It's more like homicide, she thought.

When Draco didn't respond, Symone decided she had had enough.

"Fine," she said, "if you want to push me away, go right ahead. It'll be my funeral." Symone pushed past Draco, fighting tears until she was far enough away, and ran down the stairs, away from the boy she thought was her best friend.

Although when she said it would be her funeral, she didn't plan on it to be so litteral as her teary eyes caused her vision to blur, making her fall down several flights of stairs.

I have a bond with Draco that could kill me if it was ever broken.
♠ ♠ ♠
Cliffhanger!
Since that was my second update today, I think I'm going to write some more tonight because of my insomnia and update tomorrow, leaving you guys to wonder what happens to poor Symmie.
But the next chapter title will be the following to hold you off until then;;

I Guess I Need You, Baby. (Everytime, Britney Spears)

I'm basing a lot of the chapter off of that song and some from the song Hello by Evanescence so check those out and get an idea of my plan.
It's not that happy, I can tell you that.

Comment? Pwease?
*puppy face*
(:

Oh, and the thing Symone would never say in this chapter fits so perfectly, doesn't it? Ah, irony. hahaa.