Status: Underwater. Blub, blub, blub.

The Day Before

Betrayal.

Of course, he didn’t hear me or notice that I was glued to the spot.

The helicopter did a quick and dangerous swerve, right before it was low enough to hit the ground. The main rotor blades of the helicopter were beating at full speed, making me slide backwards inch by inch. I covered my eyes with my arms, making an ‘x’. I felt myself go airborne, something was gripping onto my arm. I looked up, slightly dazed by the sun, but then I saw Benji’s twisted, psychotic smile. My eyes widened at the fact that the sky behind him was getting closer and closer. I looked down, and to my horror I was rising and rising upwards.

“Let go of me!” I shrieked in hysterics, officially branding Benji as psychotic. A slight shake of his head had me struggling out of his grasp. I don’t know what was going through my brain then. All I knew was that I didn’t want to be anywhere near Benji. He tightened his grip on my arm, and I felt my already, hurt elbow pop. I screamed in pain. Letting my free hand hold onto my broken elbow. “You’re such a smart girl.” I heard Benji say, above the helicopter’s noise. “How’d you know that there were bombs underwater?” I looked at him in disbelief. How did he possibly know that?

I decided to ignore him, not wanting to talk to his sick, twisted-self. And then an idea, popped into my desperate brain. I closed my eyes, gripping the landing skid with my free hand, trying to lever myself up on the helicopter. Benji must have took my actions as a surrender because he let go of my arm and tried to pick me up.

I let go of the landing skid and I saw his panicked eyes. He was yelling out something, but I was already falling. I heard screams of terror, probably from Ruth, and then some yelling, before I plunged into the nasty water.

I could smell it’s repugnant scent even when I wasn’t breathing. I had landed in the water on my back, feeling a sort of stinging sensation pulse through me. For a second, I couldn’t breathe and then everything came crashing down. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see anything that could possibly be the end of me. Sharks, alligators, jellyfish, the possibilities were endless.

I was swallowing a lot of the water, making my lungs scream. My nostrils were inhaling the water and I knew I wasn’t going to make it. The last thing I saw before everything went black was the bubbles that I kicked up has I tried to swim to the surface.

Image

The first thing that surged up through my throat was water. I turned my head to the side and just threw up onto whatever I was lying on. After a few minutes of just coughing up water, I opened up my eyes. The bright sunlight pierced my vision, and for a while all I could see was the sun’s light. I slowly closed my eyelids, wanting nothing more than to go to sleep under the warm air.

I didn’t feel it, but I was trembling and the warm air was slowly turning into cold water. I opened my eyes quickly, going into panic mode. I picked myself up, using my elbows as supports. Nope, I was on dry land, but this time, I could see the top of the Metro railway, the highway, and remains of a bank building. I looked around, noticing that I was on the roof of Dadeland and not falling off some helicopter. I rose into a sitting position, a sickening feeling in my stomach.

Where was everybody? I remembered their screams of terror, but nothing after that. I felt my body slump, obviously tired and wet. I laid back down, closing my eyes for a long-awaited slumber, not caring if the gang wasn’t here or that Benji can easily kidnap me-

I heard murmurs and whispers, I heard something fall and then nails scraping against concrete. I slowly turned my head, ready to see somebody crawling on the roof, but I saw Dash, his small stature gaining speed, running straight for me. He bumped into me, licking my face and giving me a face full of dog breath. I gurgled out a giggle, and then coughed up more water. I felt bile or water rising in my throat and I shut my eyes, getting ready to heave out my whole entire stomach. I heard Dash whine and then I felt the presence of people. I opened my eyes, only to see Charlotte’s evil glare. Ruth looked at me nervously, but stayed by Charlotte’s side. Cove was next to Ruth, his face was nothing but a blank mask. Where was Eli?

“You’re such a fucking traitor, bitch.” sneered Charlotte instantly, I snapped my gaze to her, absolutely terrified and confused. My mouth was slowly open, she took two steps and raised her hand, slapping me on my left cheek. There was a stinging sensation and I could feel it go warm and hot.

“Charlotte!” yelled Ruth, her eyes wide.

“What the hell was that for?” My voice sounded like a grackle and my throat was empty and dry.

“You were in it all along with that asshole!” she pointed to the sky, inching her way closer to me. I shrank back, absentmindedly putting my hand over the place where she slapped me. She was obviously referring to Benji, but he duped me as much as he duped them.

I was about to protest, gaining what little dignity I had, before Charlotte threw my messenger bag in my face. I yelped and it dropped to the ground, spilling everything I had in it. I went down on my knees, shaking my head lightly, trying to get rid of the confusion.

“Look at you, all ready for an adventure. Stocked up on food and everything!” Charlotte yelled in disbelief, kicking a can in the water. She stepped on a bag and it popped, giving off the faint scent of stale Doritos. She shook her head, and took Cove and Ruth by the elbow, leading them away.

“Rot in hell.” was all she said and then with a wisp of her hair she left. Leaving me baking under the sun, eyes filled with hot tears and a whole bunch of food scattered on the floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh, no Fun Facts right now, I'll edit it later. :3

Anyway, ahh! I'm so sorry, I haven't updated in like a kajillion of years. D:
School is such a drag and ugh. -____-;;

Enjoy!