Status: new idea

Area 51

Test 1: Truth or Truth?

After few minutes the guy besides me blindfolded me. A while later the car stopped and I was pulled out. I knew we entered a building when I felt the cool air conditioner against my skin..
The blindfold was still on so they guided me; left, right, right, right, left. I tried counting the turns we took but after a while I got lost.

When the blindfold was removed I found myself in a white room with a mirror, two chairs and a complicated looking machine in the middle.

"Where am I?" I asked my captor.
"You are at a secret government facility."
"What is that machine?"
"That is the latest, state of the art lie detector. It measures your heart rate, eye reaction, adrenaline level, body language and many other things."
"You are going to connect me to that thing aren't you." I said horrified; he nodded.

15 minutes later the door opened again and a guy in a doctor's attire came in. Baldy, my nickname for my raptor, left the room after giving me a warning glance.

"OK, I belief you know just enough for now. I'm doctor Reynolds and I'm going to perform the lying detection test on you, please sit on this chair."
I sat down and he put wires around my head and fingers, he also took a blood sample much to my dismay since I hate needles.

"I'm going to ask you some questions and you may only answer in yes or no."
"Like '20 questions', what about answering maybe?" I said jokingly.
"Only yes or no answers." He said sternly.

He pushed a button on the machine that caused it to make a low humming noise. He sat on the other chair with a clipboard in hand.
"Aren't you going to write my answers?" I asked noticing he didn't have a pen.
"Both the questions and answers will be recorded. Now lets start the questions.
Is your real name --------- ----------?"
"Yes.
"Are you 21 years old?"
"Yes."
"Have you ever consumed illegal substances?"
"No."
"Do you live in California?"
"Yes."
"Are you studying forensics?"
"Yes."
"Are you here on vacation from college?"
"Yes." I was astonished they knew so much stuff about me.
"Is your father's name Mr. ---------- ----------?"
"Yes."
"Is your mother's name Mrs. ---------- ----------?"
"Yes."
"Have you ever conspired or plotted against the United States government."
"No."
"Are you loyal to your country?"
"Yes."
"Have you been involved in illegal actions?"
"No."
"Do you pay your taxes?"
"Yes."
"Are you a law abiding citizen?"
Yes."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He kept asking questions for a very long time, some of them involving my loved ones. When we were done he took off the wires and I stretched around, sore after all those hours in the same position. The doctor left and Baldy came back in with blindfold in hand. I groaned at the sight of it.

"You will have to keep wearing it until you pass all the tests. We will leave you at your hotel, pack your things and tell your friends you are leaving. I will pick you up at the same time tomorrow."

After the car ride we arrived at the hotel at 9 pm.

"You mustn't tell anyone what happened today, if you do, be sure we'll know and you'll suffer the consequences. Good night." With that he left.

When I got to my room I called Clare, my BFF.
"OMG! Where the hell where you?!? I was worried sick."
"I'm fine Clare is that I was feeling sick and slept all day."
"You could have called."
"I know, sorry. Look my mom called and said that there was an emergency back home so I'm leaving tomorrow."
"What happened?" She asked worried.
"I don't know yet. I'll pass by your room to say goodbye tomorrow morning, Kay?"
"Sure."
"Well, I have to pack, see you tomorrow. Bye."
"Bye, good night." I hung up, packed and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Since the names are suppsedly confidential I left them blank.

Please comment and subscribe.