Status: Complete

Because The Sex Is So Much Better When You're Mad At Me

There's Always A Calm Before The Storm

Sunny stared at the text book in front of her. The small print was slowly becoming a cloud of words eventually turning into a mass of black on the page that she wasn't able to comprehend. Will you marry me? Her head hurt. She was tired. And at the moment she felt like her brain wasn't even attatched to her spine.

She felt bad for urging the group to cut their camping trip short by two days. Everyone suspected something was up. But she didn't say anything. She also wasn't prepared to just sit around for a day or two with them.

It'd nearly killed her to tell Deegan that she wanted some time to think about it first. He'd looked absolutely heartbroken. Like she'd just up and blurted no. No. She just couldn't spend any more time locked up in a small tent with him.

"Sunny you alright?"

She snapped her head up to see a girl sit down in the chair across from her. The girl was Maggie, a girl from her Art class.

"Yeah I'm fine, why do you ask?"

Maggie smiled a very soft smile, "you just look really down. Usually you're all perky, and chit chatting with everyone. I don't know how many boys I've seen consider taking this very seat, only to get a good look at how upset you are and re-think."

Sunny laughed softly and leaned back in her chair, "it's that obvious huh?"

Maggie nodded, "you sure you're alright. I know that we're not the best of friends, but if you need to talk, I'm here."

Sunny smiled, "thank you Maggie, but really I'm alright."

"Alright, well in that case, I come bearing news."

Sunny looked intruiged as she closed all of her text books. She needed to get out of here.

"Do you remember the boy that you introduced to me like, years ago. Literally. The only reason I remember him is because you said he was in some band."

Sunny thought for a moment. She knew alot of people in bands. But the only one that would have met Maggie, would be Jimmy.

"Yeah I think I know who you're talkin about."

"Well he's here, he's out in the courtyard. But, he got bombarded by girls."

She laughed and piled her text books together and picked them up, "thanks Maggie, I'll see you tomorrow."

Maggie nodded and watched her head for the main doors of the library.

Sunny headed through the main hall and out of the building directly into the court yard in the middle of the college campus. Maggie was right. Jimmy had barely made it into the courtyard before the girls had flocked around him like bees to a flower.

"Sunny," the Rev recognized her and waved his arm in the air trying to summon her towards him.

She simply stood there waiting until he pushed his way through the crowd towards her.

"What are you doing here?"

She began walking again and he caught step beside her.

"Where are you going?"

She stopped at the sidewalk and waited for traffic to clear before she jogged across the street with Jimmy at her side.

"Back to the house."

"Don't you have class this afternoon?"

Sunny nodded, "yeah but I'm not going."

"Why not?"

"Because I need time to think."

He looked her over skeptically. Something was wrong. She was never this...cold.

"Think about what?"

"Something fairly important."

The Rev shook his head and kept walking.

"So," she looked up at him, "you didn't answer my question."

"I was coming to talk to you, what do you think I was doing?"

She shrugged.

"Alright, this is fuckin stupid," he stopped and held out his arm stopping her too, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing," she was getting frustrated.

"You're a bad liar you know that right?"

She raised her eyebrows and simply stared at him.

"What's wrong Sunny?"

She never answered and he was becoming equally as frustrated.

"Alright, what does it have to do with?"

She sighed and looked everywhere but at him, "it has to do with you alright."

He placed his hands on her cheeks and made her look at him, "what about me?"

She felt like crying already. Blinking back tears she stepped away from him. The Rev knew that what was coming was bad.

"Deegan asked me to marry him," she said it as softly as possible hoping that Jimmy wouldn't hear it. But he heard her loud and clear.

"And what did you say?" he asked seriously, his heart suddenly thumping in his chest, threatening to break out.

"I said...that I wanted some time to think about it."

His eyes opened wide, and his mouth straightened, "you want to think about it? What is there to think about?"

"Excuse me?" She could now add irritated to her list of feelings.

"Just tell the guy no Sunny."

"I'm not entirely sure I want to."

He shook his head and looked away from her, "so what, you just wanna marry the guy. Fuck what we have."

Now she was pissed off and ready to let loose, "WE," she gestured between him and her, "don't have anything Jimmy. I'm not your girlfriend. Hell, I've never ever been your girlfriend. Do you know how hard that is? What it's like to see the person you love commit most of their life to someone else?"

"I do actually," he growled, "I've had this problem every day for the past three fucking years!"

"Then why Jimmy?" she had enough and couldn't hold it in any longer. Her eyes were beginning to fill with tears and her body was shaking, "why have we never been together?"

"Jesus, because there have always been other people Sunny."

"Then don't you think if we really truly were meant to be together that we would have, and not even bothered with anyone else?"

The Rev was now pissed off too. In fact, he was pacing back and forth in front of her making her uneasy. She clung to her books as she watched him. His black hair shielding her from seeing the fury in his eyes. His jacket swaying slightly in the breeze. His hands dug deep into his front pockets. He stopped suddenly and looked at her.

"You know what...if you wanna marry the guy, fuckin marry him, you have my blessing."

He began walking away from her and she felt like dropping to her knees. Like he'd walked away and pulled her heart from her chest and coninued to drag it behind him on a string.

"So that's it Jimmy? You're jut gonna walk away?"

"It's like you said Sunny, I'm not walking away from anything."

Nice Sunny, give him ammo to use against you.

"Jimmy!"

He never stopped walking but he did turn around and walk backwards so he could at least see her, "what?"

"Tell Chelsey. Tell Chelsey everything and be with me," Great, she'd been reduced to pleading. But he did finally stop walking. Although, she could tell he was searching for words.

"I can't just do that Sunny. It's always easier said than done."

She bit her lower lip and looked up at the sky before looking back at him. A single tear rolling down her cheek, "then what are we fighting about?"

He shrugged and looked directly at her, "nothing...I'm done," He turned around and began walking again. She felt like dropping to her knees.

********************************************************************************

It was getting dark outside, and the house inside was equally as dark. For a moment, Ashleigh thought there might not even be anyone home, which was tragic, because she was bursting at the seams with news.

She tossed her car keys onto the counter as she entered the kitchen, "hey has anyone seen Sunny?"

Becca was sitting at the kitchen table with Casey looking through a magazine. They lifted their heads when Ashleigh entered the room.

"No why?"

Ashleigh took a seat at the table, "you're never gonna believe what happened tonight,"<p>
Becca raised her eye brows, "I'm sure you'll tell us."

"Alright, I just came from Zacky's parents house. All the guys are there practicing in the basement. Anyway, the Rev is screwing up like crazy. Don't get me wrong, banging the sh*t out of his drums, but he can't keep time. So they called a break because it was stressing everyone else out."

"Soooo?" Casey pushed her.

"Well the Rev finally broke down and spilled everything that had been bugging him. Then Kaela came screaming in the house with news on his news" Ashleigh paused for a moment to make sure she had their attention, "Sunny's engaged."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading