Status: Complete

Because The Sex Is So Much Better When You're Mad At Me

Jealousy Can Cause Life Altering Decisions

Sunny wiggled her fingers and the small diamonds in the ring sparkled different colors under the suspended light hanging in her mother's kitchen.

"You're serious?" her mother stood up straight.

Sunny stared up at her when she began pacing back and forth in the kitchen, "does it sound like I'm joking?"

"Well I don't know Sunny, the last time you were here you were full of sarcasm and it didn't end well."

"You kicked me out," Sunny protested.

Her mother looked at her sternly, "you were being a little bitch."

"Hey, religious people don't swear."

He mother's lips tightened like she was trying to hold back a nasty comment.

"Well at least your marrying a good boy," Mrs. Wilson turned around again and began chopping up vegetables for supper in an attempt to change the subject "have you two picked a date yet?"

Sunny shook her head, "no we haven't discussed any details yet, like I said, it's a relatively new development."

"Well...I think you should get married in a church. There's a nice park by the one we go to, that'd be perfect."

Sunny sighed, she should have known better than to tell her mom right away. However, not telling her could have been alot worse.

"I'm not sure about the whole church thing mom."

"You need to get married in a church Sunny, it's where ceremonis such as this are suppose to take place."

Sunny rolled her eyes and crossed one leg over the other, she was just gonna drop the whole church subject for now, "and I want...like a traditional wedding...that's not so traditional."

Her mother cocked an eyebrow and stared at her daughter, "how can you be traditional, but not traditional?"

Sunny interlocked her hands and placed them over her knee, "well I mean, I want to wear white, but I don't want the whole real big puffy, make me a princess type dress, and my brides maids, I don't want them decked out in some hideous, colorful dress they'll never wear again, plus I want the guys in black, but I'm not sure if I dig the whole suit and tie type deal."

"Sunny," her mom sighed and abandoned her vegetables again, "a wedding is suppose to be a time when you dress up. It's an extravegant occasion. It's not something that you wear jeans to."

Sunny laughed, "well I guess I have to scratch that idea then."

"You weren't seriously considering it were you?"

Sunny smiled, "yeah, not for me though."

"Oh god," her mother made it almost sound like a prayer, "maybe we should get a wedding planner."

Sunny shook her head immediately, "no, no wedding planner. It's my wedding, it'll go the way I want it, not the way someone thinks it should."

"Well then you need to start being reasonable. Now, have you picked your brides maids?"

Sunny traced a rip in her jeans with her fingertips, "I think there are about 4 girls at home who probably wouldn't mind the job."

"Four?" her mother went to the stove to stir the broth she was going to use to make soup, "you do realize that you're wedding party will consist of ten people. That's alot. You should cut it down to two."

"I can't," Sunny watched her busy about the kitchen, "I'm not picking one friend over another."

"What about your maid of honor?"

"Hopefully Ashleigh, and the other girls will understand that."

"Have you asked her?"

Sunny shook her head again, "no I haven't yet, so maybe I should get on that," she stood up and reached for her sweater which was hanging on the back of her chair. She put it on and zipped it half way up.

"So am I going to get to do anything for this wedding?"

Sunny looked at her mom's expression and wondered if it was real genuine care, or a way to work her way in so she could eventually take over.

"We'll see," Sunny headed for the door and slipped on her sandals, "I'll stop by again sometime this week, tell Colt and dad I said hi," and with that she was out the door as quickly as possible before her mom could protest to anything else.

*****************************************************************************

The minute Sunny stepped through the front door of her house she was bombarded by her best friends.

"Are you really engaged?" Casey beamed.

Ashleigh looked at her sternly, "why didn't you tell us first?"

"Let me see your ring," Kaela pulled on her hand.

Becca laughed and leaned in to look at her ring too, "this is so exciting," she squealed.

Sunny was surrounded, all she could do was laugh.

"Yes, I'm really engaged, and the reason I didn't tell you first was because I didn't say yes right away, I wanted some time to think it over."

"What made you change your mind?"

Sunny glanced at Casey, "a few things, well, one thing mostly, but that's beside the point, "a quick glance at Ashleigh revealed that she looked almost sad, "I want to know if you ladies would to me the honour of being my brides maids?"

"Ughhh yeah," Kaeala answered for all of them.

"And Ashleigh, will you be my maid of honour?"

Ash smiled despite her down mood, "of course I will."

"Well in celebration, let's go shopping for food," Kaela grabbed Becca by the arm, "I'll make supper and we'll have sort of a girls night in."

"Ooooh, I'm coming too," Casey jumped at the thought, "I'll pick out some wine."

Ashleigh and Sunny stood near the door as the other girls hurried around to get ready. They never spoke until the other girls were gone and the door was closed behind them. At that same moment they both began to speak.

"What's wrong?"

"Don't do this."

It was obvious where this conversation was headed, and quite honestly, Sunny needed someone to talk to other than her mother, because she sure as hell left out the part about Jimmy.

"I have to Ash," Sunny slipped off her sandals and headed for the kitchen.

"Why?" Ashleigh was right behind her, "because he asked you?"

"No," Sunny shook her head as she opened up the fridge for a glass of water, she was doing everything possible to avoid eye contact, "because I love him."

Ashleigh leaned against the counter, "do you really Sunny? Because I thought you loved Jimmy."

Sunny finished her water slowly and sat the cup down on the counter, at this point it was unavoidable, she looked directly at Ash, "he's the one that made me change my mind Ash."

Ashleigh sat down on a stool, "tell me what happened."

Sunny filled her in on everything from the proposal, to the now. By the time she was finished she was sitting on the stool beside Ashleigh nearly in tears.

"All he said was that he's done. Done with us, done, with me, done with trying, though there wasn't much effort on his part," she sniffled.

"Not on your part either," Ashleigh stated the truth.

Sunny wavered but finally nodded in agreement, "but I asked him Ash, I asked him to leave Chelsey and be with me, like a real couple, and he wouldn't."

Ashleigh frowned, "well I don't understand his logic there."

"That makes two of us," Sunny rested her elbows on the counter and burried her had in her hands, "all I can think of is that maybe he never really did love me, like I loved him you know. I mean, he's never said I love you, never ever, not even the friendly 'hey I love ya'.....maybe I should have taken that as a sign."

"I think he does Sunny or he wouldn't have made such a big deal over it," she pulled Sunny's arm making her lift her head to look at her, "do you really love Deegan, or is this more along the lines of revenge?"

Sunny actually laughed and brushed away a tear, "I do love him Ash. Maybe not as much as Jimmy but all I need is time. It's love just the same. He's been nothing but wonderful to me. And now that I'm sure about Jimmy, I can focus all my attention on Deegan."

Could she really lie to herself until she finally believed it? God she hoped so.

Ashleigh looked about as convinced as her, "alright then, let's get you married."

*************************************************************************************

He slammed out the tune he was suppose to using his new sticks as an externsion of his arms and beat the shit out of his drum set. Which, ultimately led to not be a very smart idea as one stick snapped hear the middle sending it flying across the room. Matt knew he'd had enough for one night.

"Alright guys," he set down his mic, "we know how to play let's quit for tonight."

The Rev sighed in relief and squirted the water from his water bottle into his mouth before dousing his entire head. The water ran down his sweaty shirtless upper body and onto the floor. It was one of the sole reasons Zacky's family had kept their basement floor cement.

Syn, Zacky and Johnny carefully loaded up their instruments into their custom coffin cases and closed them up. The Rev sat on his stool a little longer just staring off into space thinking. Matt interupted his thoughts.

"Rev you okay?"

The Rev nodded absent mindedly. The tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife. Everyone knew he needed help, but no one knew exactly how.

Syn was off to a brilliant start as he headed upstairs and returned with a beer for everyone.

"Glad you know where dad's supply is," Zacky laughed as he thanked Syn and popped his open.

Syn had to ask, he was the only one really out of the loop, "so Rev, what's really up man?How come Sunny marrying Deegan has got you so out of joint?"

When the Rev had vented earlier he'd been so pissed off that he didn't realize he hadn't made much sense at all. Not that it mattered. He just needed to fume for a few minutes.

"Because the dude rubs me the wrong way," he took a long swig of his beer downing nearly half of the bottle in one gulp.

"Or is it because you like Sunny?" Zacky asked seriously. Enough beating around the bush. The Rev needed to come clean, not only for himself, but for everyone else. With this attitude he was bound to drive everyone crazy.

The Rev was still staring off into space, he never replied just simply finished his beer.

"Jimmy," Matt prodded him.

"No," he set down the empty beer bottle and stood up to begin packing up his drums.

Zacky glanced at Matt helplessly and all he could do was shrug.

"Here man let me help ya," Johnny set down his beer and began helping Jimmy pack up.

"Does anyone know what time it is?" the Rev stood up straight and stretched about ten minutes later, "I should go find Chelsey."

"It's a little after ten," Syn checked his watch, "you don't wanna come back to the girls house with us?"

Rev shook his head, "no, not tonight, I'll stay with Chelsey, I haven't been payin' much attention to her lately. She's probably pissed."

"Alright man, want us to take your drums back?" Johnny asked as he closed up the last case.

Rev nodded, "yeah that'd probably be best, I don't really want them just sitting around at Chelsey's, heaven only know what people go to her house."

The rest of the guys laughed.

"So you'll be back tomorrow," Rev nodded as he pulled on his T-Shirt, "yeah probably around lunch."

"Easy on the girl," Syn grinned, "she probably hasn't gotten laid in a while."

Rev smiled, "I'll try, see you guys tomorrow."

He was glad to get out of there, not that he didn't like hanging around the guys, because that totally wasn't it. He knew they wanted answers, answers he wasn't ready to give. Hell, he may never give them.

As he rode in the taxi to Chelsey's he played out his and Sunny's entire fight in his head. Then he remembered Kaela telling everyone that Sunny was engaged. It ripped his heart in two, but he was determined to sew it back together. Or, if he couldn't, maybe Chelsey could. He sure as hell hoped so, and he was going to use her to do just that, for if Sunny could get married and pretend like nothing is wrong...then so could he.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading