Status: Complete

Because The Sex Is So Much Better When You're Mad At Me

Absinth Lets The Heart Talk

After her shower, Sunny and Jimmy went grocery shopping, the end result, large amounts of food. When they got home, everyone else was awake. The girls had since then sent the boys off to the liquor store for booze while they set to work cooking. Not because they were girls, but because they really didn't want those particular boys brandishing any sort of weapon, or being in charge of something that was going to be consumed by someone other than them. They were now dancing around the kitchen to Break It Off by Rihanna and Sean Paul while they each did their part.

Sunny was arranging the shrimp she had just cooked in individual martini glasses lined with lettuce and a small amount of sea food sauce. Ashleigh was busy whipping up a Caesar salad and a regular salad. Casey was busy sliding the marinated chunks of chicken and vegetables she had chopped up a while ago onto skewers. Kaela was out on the deck heating up their barbecue preparing to start the mini steaks Sunny had found.

"How many people do you think will show up?" Casey asked.

Ashleigh shook the water out of another head of lettuce, "hopefully the guys won't bring back too many people," she placed the lettuce onto her cutting board, "but we know them," she smiled.

Sunny brushed the back of her hand against her forehead after finishing up the last cup of shrimp, "what do you think?"

"I think I need to try one right now," Kaela grinned as she snatched one out of a random cup.

"Good?"

Kaela nodded and continued on too the fridge for the BBQ sauce, "I just saw your car come back Ashleigh," she closed the fridge door, "so they should be charging into the house any minute," she headed back outside.

"One car is a good sign," Casey smiled as she started another skewer.

Kaela peeked her head back into the house like she had heard Casey, "make that three cars."

Sunny moved her creations out of the way and covered them with plastic wrap to make more room. Preparing drinks was always her and Zacky's thing.

Zacky skipped in the front door a bag in each hand along with the rest of the guys. Behind them presumably in the next car was Tyran, Jason and Ruby, and behind them from the other car was Lisa, Amanda, and Fox. All of which were friends with the girls as well. The girls exchanged hugs and the guys the typical head nod. Soon they were all out on the deck around the table under the shade of the umbrella, except Sunny and Zacky whom were in the kitchen.

"Where is your blender?" Zacky was searching through the cupboards below the counter but thus far had come up with nothing.

Sunny laughed and pointed up a little, "right in front of your face."

Zacky rolled his eyes and stood up, plugging the blender in.

"Here's the ice," Matt came through the front door again with Ruby each of them carrying two bags of ice.

"You only get two though," Matt explained as he set his two down, "the other two are for the cooler outside."

"Fair enough," Sunny smiled as she began setting out a bunch of margarita glasses for the girls, the guys had opted for beer surprise, surprise, and Sunny and Zacky would be the only ones downing the good stuff.

She set the bottle of Absinthe on the counter and he grinned, "bar spoon?"

"Drawer by the sink."

He found it quickly and grabbed the jug of cold water from the fridge, "sugar cubes?"

Sunny found them as he threw the margarita mix, ice, tequila, and lime juice into the blender. She placed the sugar beside him and when the blender was done, poured it into the glasses and took them outside. Kaela was trying to cook but Matt kept pestering her, Ashleigh and Lisa were busy arranging the table they'd set up for the food. Everyone else was happily chattering around the table.

Sunny sat down beside Syn after handing out drinks and glanced at the Rev who had a beer in one hand, Amanda on his lap, and his other arm wrapped around her waist. She couldn't have looked more happy and content, and quite frankly neither could he. And that irked her. But the fact that she let it bother her bugged her even more. It wasn't that she didn't want Jimmy to be happy, she just didn't want Jimmy to be happy with anyone but her. And that was low, she knew it, but she couldn't help it.

"Here we go," Zacky plopped down beside her, placing their paraphernalia on the table, "Czech way?"

Sunny nodded, "Brian do you have a lighter?"

He shook his head, but reached around Kaela and snagged the BBQ lighter off the table, "here."

Zacky poured a little bit of absinthe into each of their glasses, he then dipped one sugar cube in the green liquid and placed it on top of the bar spoon, that he then balanced over top of his glass, "light er up."

Sunny lit the sugar cube on fire and watched it melt into the liquid before adding an equal amount of cold water, turning the drink a murky color. They then repeated the process for her drink.

"You two are going to be so wasted if you plan on drinking that whole bottle," Ashleigh plopped down onto Zacky's lap.

"Oh we can do it," he promised her with a grin.

"I believe it," she laughed and kissed his cheek.

Not much later, the food was ready and everyone filled up their plates, replenished their drinks, turned the music down a little and all sat down to eat.

"So where is Deegan tonight?"

Sunny glanced at Lisa over the top of her drink, "he said he'd drop by later," she enjoyed the look on the Rev's face whenever she mentioned Deegan.

"Val and Chelsey said they were going to drop by later too," Ruby added.

"Val?" Kaela repeated, "as in Valerie?" she looked over at Matt.

Val and Kaela never had the chance to become friends due to Matt. Matt and Val's break-up was rough, and it seemed to drain everyone, not just them. Since then, Matt had only seen Val a handful of times, and Kaela had seen her even less.

Fox rocked back in his chair finishing the last of his beer, "yeah that would be her. Hey Rev what's Chelsey been up to? I haven't seen her in a while."

Amanda was still sitting on his one knee holding her plate in her hand. The mentioning of the Rev's girlfriend didn't seem to even phase either of them.

"Not much," he glanced at Sunny across the table, "she's been on tour with us, so she's only been home a few days as well."

That was news to Sunny. Jimmy had told her that he was taking a break from both of them. That the tour would give him time to just relax and maybe give him some insight into what he wanted from their relationship. But she should have known better. Oh well, what's done was done.

The rest of their lunch was peaceful, they spent time laughing about past memories and going through a couple year books. Afterwards Lisa offered Sunny and Casey help cleaning up lunch, while the guys took a football out into the back yard. Kaela and Ashleigh stayed outside to keep Ruby and Amanda company. When they returned back outside Kaela and Ashleigh were playing football too. Ruby and Syn were making out not too far away and the Rev and Amanda were no where to be found.

"Keep it in your pants," Matt yelled, presumably aiming the comment at Syn.

Syn and Ruby were now headed into the house his arm wrapped around her waist, and a beer in the other.

"Keep it out of my bed," Sunny laughed.

Ruby giggled and clung to Syn's arm as they made their way up the steps into the house.

"Dear god they're at it again," Lisa laughed as they split up to play football with everyone else.

"Where is Jimmy?" Sunny asked Matt nonchalantly.

He spun the football in the air and caught it, "mmm last I saw, he and Amanda were down by the water making out.

Their house was situated near the beach. But a very, very rocky part of the beach. And the fact that he was down there fooling around with Amanda pissed her off. Amanda always wanted in his pants, and from what Sunny had heard, she always got what she wanted.

She felt like such a hypocrite. At one point in her life, not too long ago, she was in Amanda's spot. And now here she was, on the sidelines, pissed off at Amanda. Just this once, she prayed Val and Chelsey would show up. Surprisingly she got her wish. The unfortunate part was that it was a few minutes after the Rev and Amanda had returned from the beach. Today wouldn't be the day that Chelsey would find out about her cheating boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks For Reading