I'm Sick And In Love With You, Dear.

2/3

”I'm here!” Candace yelled, bursting, through the door.

She looked around, then finally looked to the couch, where me and Chris were sitting, watching TV.

“What do we have here?” She asked, looking at us.

“Chris came over,” I said, shrugging.

“Vanessa?” She questioned.

“With her mom,” Chris replied.

“Oh,” Candace said. Chris looked back, at the TV, and Vanessa looked at me.

She mouthed, “Yeah right.” I just looked at her.

“So, what do you want to do?” I asked. Chris and Candace shrugged.

“Wow, such a help,” I said. Candace sat down, across from us.

“Chris, why don't you call Vanessa? It's such a shame not to see her, today,” Candace said, rolling her eyes, when Chris looked away.

“I haven't heard from her since last night, so, I guess, I will,” Chris said, taking his phone, out of his back pocket.

He dialed Vanessa's number, and put the phone, up to his ear. He sat there, and sat there, and sat there. Until he put the phone down, and said, “That's weird. She didn't answer.”

I bit my lip, and looked at Candace.

Chris called Vanessa one more time, and then said, “I think I need to go check up, on her. I hope she's okay.”

“Chris, maybe you shouldn't go,” I said.

“What? Why?” He asked.

“Because, she-I don't know, but, I mean-I don't know. Just don't go, Chris, please. I don't want you to get hurt,” I said.

“What? You're not making any sense. I'm going,” He said, heading for the door.

“You'll be sorry,” I said, standing up.

“Oh, so, now, you're threatening me. I should have listened to what Vanessa said, about you,” He said, walking out, and slamming the door, behind him.

I was in shock for a second, then I ran out the door.

“Chris!” I yelled.

But, he was already driving away. I just stood there, and watched him drive off.

“You need to come in,” Candace said, coming to me, and putting a hand, on my back. I walked back in, with her, feeling lifeless.

She sat down on the couch, and pulled me down, beside her.

“He'll be back. He'll see, and he'll be back,” She said.

“I don't want him to know, if she's doing what we think, and he finds out, it'll kill him. He doesn't deserve that,” I said, tears streaking my face. She pulled me into a hug.

“It's okay. It'll all work out in the end. Remember?” She asked.

“Everything works out, in the end. If it doesn't work out, it's not the end,” We said together.

I smiled through my tears.

“You're right, I was being silly,” I said, shaking my head.

“No, you weren't,” She said, smiling.

“I just don't want him to be mad, at me, but I don't want him to get hurt. I'm in a pickle,” I said.

“Were you not just listening? Did you just space off in your own world?” She said. I laughed.

“So, ready to have fun?” Candace asked.

“Absolutely!” I yelled, smiling, and pumping my fist, in the air.

“Well, what are we going to do?” She asked. I sighed.

“Well, you sure are a party pooper.”