Sequel: Hannah Black History
Status: Chapter one will go up tonight.

Untitled

Chapter 1: The Secrets

“Hannah.” She heard the voice faintly, but refused to acknowledge it. “Hannah, wake up!” Mrs. Weasley’s voice was shriller this time.

She gave a half-hearted “MPH!” and snuggled deeper into the covers of her small bed. Couldn’t she let her sleep in just one day? It was summer after all. One thing she truly missed about Remus was that he too, was a nocturnal creature and never objected to her missing breakfast in favor of sleep. Remus had been both a father and a friend, Mrs. Weasley however, ran a much tighter household. Amazing that she could with so many people running around, especially with Fred and George wreaking havoc every chance they got.

“Hannah, you’re going to miss breakfast! Your brother just arrived! Surely you missed him?” She yelled.

So that was why she was so short tempered. Everyone had taken to referring to Hannah and Harry and ‘brother and sister’ since, in a way, they were family. Hannah’s father, Sirius Black, was Harry’s godfather. They had both been raised by others chosen by their parents, Hannah by Remus and Harry by the Durselys. Mrs. Weasley had been eagerly awaiting the day Harry would arrive at the Burrow. Every time she spoke of him she insisted he was malnourished and in desperate need of motherly love. The thought of his sister missing out on his first few moments here was surely heartbreaking.

Hannah rolled her eyes, “I’ve had a brother for less than a year and he’s already become the favorite,” she thought as she stood up and began to get dressed.

“Hannah Elizabeth Black! Get down here now or I’ll let them come up there!” She giggled at that. Them meaning Fred and George; Mrs. Weasley meant it as a threat, but to Hannah it was no big deal. She and George had been dating for half the summer and had only told Fred. She was waiting until the whole gang was back together to tell everyone. To her, Fred and George coming to wake her up almost made her want to get back and bed and wait for them. Fred had become a close friend to her, and George, well, to her George was everything she’d ever dreamed about. During the past year at Hogwarts, she, Fred, George, and JC had done so many crazy things. It reminded her of the stories Remus used to tell her of her father and James. She was laughing to herself when she walked into the kitchen.

“What are you so happy about?” Harry asked teasingly as he gave her a hug.

“Just thinking about last year,” She said laughing. In truth she was missing JC and wondering when she’d show up. So many people passed through the Burrow throughout the summer. Most of them were members of Ron’s family, but occasionally Remus would stop by to visit Hannah and bring news of her father.

“Oh. So I suppose you’re wondering when Hermione and JC will get here?” He asked as they sat at the table. Hannah sat beside George every morning with Fred on her other side and Ron and Ginny on the opposite side of the table. Today however, Harry took Fred’s place and he moved to George’s opposite side.

“Yes actually, do you know?”

“JC should be arriving in about 3 days.” Mrs. Weasley cut in, setting a plate in front of Hannah. “ Hermione is due tomorrow,”

Hannah’s mind was racing, that meant that soon she and George would be announcing their relationship to all of George’s family and their friends. She began eating quietly as she mulled over this fact. On one hand she wanted it out in the open because she loved George, but on the other hand, she wasn’t sure how Mrs. Weasley would take this new information or her own father for that matter. She tried to push that thought back. She wouldn’t be able to see her father again until he found a decent place to stay. Until then, she had to communicate with him through letters.

Before she knew it, Ron, Harry, and Ginny had struck up a conversation and George was attempting to get her attention. He stroked her hand gently with his fingertips, tracing designs across it. She looked up to find him gazing at her, his eyes partially hidden behind his shaggy hair like two sparkling emeralds hiding behind waves of fire. His expression told her that he knew something was wrong, as he always did. She smiled at him and nodded toward the door, then got up and left.

“Where are you going Hannah?” Mrs. Weasley asked.

“Just out to the garden to take a walk” I’ve been spending too much time inside.” She answered as she pulled the door open. Once in the yard, she made her way to the garden to wait for George. She reached out to pick a rose, and felt a sharp pain followed by a low giggle.

“Gnomes,” She thought angrily, and slipped into her wolf-form. She took off to the far end of the garden and snapped wildly at a butterfly. Once she was sure the gnome was satisfied that she wasn’t after him, she turned and crawled stealthily through the flower bed. Once she was close enough, she pounced. The vile creature screamed as her teeth close around it. She shook it until it was stunned and tossed it away. Then she laid down in the flower bed to wait. The morning sun lit the sky with a pleasant warmth, and soon she found herself in a daze. She was somewhere between thought and dream when George leaned down to scratch her behind the ear. She nuzzled her head into his hand and opened her eyes to look into his.

“Having a nap are we?” He asked laughing. She shook her head and he held out his hand. She placed her paw in it and watched as it transformed into a hand. He helped her to her feet and pulled her into his arms. For a while they just stood there, her laying her head on his chest, he with his chin on her head. Finally he leaned back and put his hand under her chin.

“What was wrong with you at breakfast?” He asked.

“I’m just realizing how quickly the summer is dwindling away. Realizing how much has happened in just a year. I’m worried that your mother won’t approve of me. I miss Remus, and more than that, I miss my father.” She realized too late that he hadn’t yet been informed of Sirius’s innocence or that she had seen him. Dumbledore had made them all swear to keep the secret between them until he deemed it was safe.

“Your father?” She could see the worry on his face as he spoke the words. She knew she couldn’t keep the secret from him any longer, so she told him the whole story. About the knot on the Whomping Willow, about the Shrieking Shack, about the time turner and how she, Harry, Hermione, and JC had gone back in time to save Buckbeak and Sirius. She spoke of Peter Pettigrew and his involvement in the framing of her father. The whole time George listened, stopping her rarely to clarify.

“I spent my whole life believing my father was a murderer. Now I know differently. Now I know that he loves me and has missed me since the day he was carted off to Azkaban. He’s missed out on so much of my life, and I’ve missed having him there. I want to be able to tell him about you in person. I want him to meet you, to approve of you, but right now all I can do is write him letters and hope for the approval of Remus.” She finished.

“Have no worries dear. Dumbledore will find a way for you to see him again. And when you do I will be there by your side,” He said, kissing her forehead. “As for your other problems, my mother loves you like a daughter. Of course she will approve.”

She smiled up at him, then wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him.

“I love you George.” She whispered.

“I love you too Hannah, even if you do worry too much.” He said. Then he grabbed her hand and pulled her after him. “Come on, Fred’s waiting for us.”

He stopped at the kitchen door to make sure the coast was clear. They walked inside and up the stairs, luckily encountering no one.

“Well if it isn’t the two lovebirds!” Fred laughed as they snuck into the room, closing the door behind them.

“Shut up Fred.” Hannah said. She elbowed him as she made her way to the bed to sit down.

“Well it did take you two quite a while to get back up here.”

“Are you two going to tell me what you’re plotting or not?” Hannah said, ignoring the comment. She knew the only reason George would sacrifice their alone time was for a prank.

George laughed and sat on the bed beside her, “Be patient love. It’s just an idea. JC has to be involved too.”

Fred stood up tall and began to explain, “George and I have been thinking about the upcoming Quidditch World Cup a lot. We’ve also received inside information that the Malfoy’s will be attending said event.” He stopped and almost instantly, George stood.

“What we’re thinking is using Draco as a guinea pig.”

“We haven’t quite worked out the exact details just yet, but we’re going to need tons of new material for this year.” Fred picked up.

“We figure Draco would be the perfect target to test things on. What do you think?” George finished.

“I think its bloody brilliant!” She replied excitedly, “JC will love it. We can finally test things out before hand. That’s great!” She stood up and began to pace, “Just think of the possibilities, the match could go one for weeks! If we stage things just right he might never even know it’s us!”

“I told you she’d love it George. YOU’RE the one that’s supposed to know her so well!” Fred chuckled.

“Well I’m sorry I doubted you Fred, you were obviously right.” George sighed, putting his arms around Hannah.

Hannah smiled, knowing JC would be just as excited once she heard. Suddenly there came a knock at the door. She and George leaped to opposite ends of the bed just as Mrs. Weasley barged in.

“Hannah, what are you doing in here? You know how I feel about you being alone with them. Harry and Ron have been looking for you.” She said scornfully. Before she left she shoved the door all the way open as if to make a point.

Hannah rolled her eyes, “I suppose I mustn’t keep perfect little Harry waiting.” She said just loud enough for it to carry to where Ron and Harry were standing on the landing. She got up and followed Harry and Ron to Ron’s room.

“So what was that about?” Harry asked once they were in the small room.

“Just plans for when JC gets here and then plans for when term starts.” She said smoothly.

Ron snorted. “Hermione’s getting here tomorrow morning. No doubt she’s already halfway through with all her books.”

“Well she wouldn’t be Hermione if she wasn’t. I can’t wait to see her again.” Hannah said. “And she’ll bring her precious little kitty for me to terrorize.”

“You know she’ll be furious if you bother Crookshanks.” Harry laughed.

“I know. That’s part of the fun and you can’t tell me you don’t enjoy the look on both their faces when I show that annoying cat what its worth.”

They sat in the room for hours catching up on things that had happened over the summer. Harry told them about the disasters involved with Mr.Weasley, Fred, and George, picking him up via flu network. Ron jabbered on for a spell about how excited he was about the World Cup. Hannah spoke about the letters she had sent Sirius, but the one thing they could all agree on was the desire for their friends to arrive.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

“HURRY UP JC, THE PORTKEY LEAVES IN ABOUT FIFTEEN MINUTES,” A lady about in her early forties hollered.

“OKAY MOM, BLOODY HELL.” A girl with light brown, wavy hair and bright blue eyes appeared at the bottom of the staircase. With the flick of her mom’s wand, the things behind her like her: trunk, a silver owl named Tweety, and her belongings vanished into thin air.

“Say bye to your father we have to go,” her mom said walking quickly out of the room.

JC rolled her eyes, “okay,” she muttered and walked off into the brightly lit den. There in the corner sat a man, going bald and rather big.

He put down the morning muggle paper, “Leaving so soon, honey?”

She smiled and hugged him tightly, “Yes father, I have Quidditch to practice for this year.”

“My gosh, I’m still not used to that term after all these years with you and your mum, have a good time sweetie, don’t forget to write every week and tell those Weasley boys that I said ‘don’t get into much trouble’ and that goes for you also,” and he winked.

JC walked out of the house smiling and running to catch up with her mother, who was trotting off far in front to arrive at the old newspaper portkey in time. Her mom talked happily about JC’s upcoming year at Hogwarts, “Tell me everything that happens, I know your father won’t fully understand, but I will.”

She was so excited to see her friends again, and to be going back to the Burrow for the Quidditch World Cup, she had never been to one, but every start of term there was huge talk about it at school, for once she was going to be a part of it. Just the thought hanging with her friends again made her giggly, Fred, George, Hannah, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Lee Jordan. Gosh how she missed them terribly. Most of all she wanted to see Fred again, she has had a crush on him since the end of last term, but no one knew about it, she wanted to tell Hannah, but she didn’t think she was ready. Usually before term started they gathered at the Burrow, it was a safe place to be and an easy way to get to school.

~*~*~

Fred laid on his bed, listening to his brother and Hannah whispering to each other. He was about sick of it, but they didn’t know that. He didn’t want to say anything about it; simply he got up and went down to Ron and Harry’s room to explain some new practical jokes. As he walked up the stairs to the very top room, he admitted to himself, “Yes, I am jealous…”

Down in the kitchen an owl screeched very loudly, Harry and Ron knew they had turned Pigwidgeon, Errol, and Hedwig out about ten minutes ago. Outside the door, they heard the girls running down the stairs, “What the bloody hell is that all about,” Ron muttered.

Fred laughed, “By the way it sounds, JC is here.”

The boys jumped up and ran downstairs behind the girls. They all searched the house but didn’t find her. Hannah stomped her foot, “Man maybe she will be here in a bit, help me move her stuff to our room.”

JC and her mother grabbed onto the newspaper just in time, the world went spinning around them, she felt herself start to feel sick. Just then, the spinning stopped and she found herself hitting the ground hard, making her lose her breath.

“As many times you have transported by Portkey, you still land on the ground,” JC looked up to find her mom standing above her.

JC stood up and brushed the dust off herself, then looked across the hill, finally she was back to her second home away from home, with Hogwarts being the third. Her mom said goodbye with a hug and a kiss then Disapparated back home. She brushed off her clothes and headed towards the seven story house. She was about to knock on the door when she quickly opened it, JC didn’t have time to speak before she was tackled by Hermione, Ginny, and her best friend Hannah.

“I MISSED YOU TOOO, GOSH WE HAVE SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON!”

Everyone gathered in the twin’s room talking and catching up on JC’s news. After a few minutes, Fred kicked Ron, Harry, Ginny and Hermione out so it was only them four.

“We have so many new inventions, you have got to see them,” George said pulling out a drawer and dumped it onto the floor.

“Fake wands, Ton-Tongue Toffee, and plenty of other things, that we have to tell you about,” Fred told her.

Hannah had an evil grin on her face, “You have to hear about our plan for Draco this year, it’s going to be awesome, we are going to have to engrave the words Pimp Daddy into his head when he goes to sleep on the train.”

JC’s jaw dropped to the floor, “That can’t be the only plan, we have to have more!”

“Oh, we have more, don’t worry about that, this is going to be the best year so far,” The twins said in unison.

They started talking about the upcoming match between the Irish and the Bulgarians at the Quidditch World Cup, of course JC was going to go for the Irish. They were her favorite team so far.

“Guys, you want to throw the Quaffle around before we eat, I know we don’t have enough players for even two half teams,” JC asked hoping they would say yes.

“Sure, I’m a bit rusty though,” Fred told her.

“Don’t worry I am too,” she turned too Hannah, “Do you still hate heights?”

“Yes, there is no way you will get me on one of those things!”

“Come on lets go get Ron, Harry and Ginny,” George told them.

They all ran up the steps and barged into Ron’s room, “Come on, we are going to throw the quaffle around for a while.”

Outside, JC, Fred, George, Harry, Ron, and Ginny flew around on their broomsticks, while Hermione and Hannah went to get the ball out of the shed. JC flew around to the back of the house just in time to see a pretty white wolf playing with the ball. She watched Hannah in her wolf form kicking the ball around to the front yard, where they were playing.

“Aw, that was so cute,” she thought to herself.

Hannah changed into her human form and threw the ball up in the air, she knew it was either Harry or herself to get the ball first, since they had the fastest of the brooms.

JC caught it from Harry, “HA HA,” she laughed and stuck her tongue out at him, “Fred, heads up!”

The next time she caught the ball, she hollered at Hannah and threw the ball at her.

Luckily, she caught it, “JC you scared me!”

After a few more turns, JC and Ginny returned down to the ground with Hermione and Hannah, “I’m tired!”

Hannah looked at JC and laughed, “What were those glances that you were throwing at Fred?”

JC blushed, “I don’t know what you are talking about!”

“Whatever,” Hermione said sarcastically.

“Okay fine, yes I like him,” JC said so the boys couldn’t hear.

“HA, I KNEW IT!”

JC put her hand over Hannah’s mouth hoping the others didn’t hear.

“Okay girls why so secretive,” the girls looked around to see the boys have come down from throwing the quaffle around.

“N-nothing,” JC stammered and turned away quickly to hide her blushing.

“COME ON KIDS, WASH UP FOR DINNER!”

They all came in at Mrs.Weasley’s request; JC was so glad to be having one of the home cooked meals that she missed also. The table was set up outside in the garden, Hannah spent her time chasing some of the gnomes around and JC spent her time with Ginny asking questions like, “Do you think I have a chance?”

“Oh course you do, you just need to tell him!”

“ALL RIGHT COME ON EVERYONE TIME TO EAT, FRED, GEORGE, YOU HAVE TO STOP LEAVING THESE THINGS AROUND, THEY DON‘T BELONG NEAR MY REAL WAND,” Mrs. Weasley hollered throwing down a few of the fake wands Fred and George made. They laughed and Hannah and JC smiled at each other taking seats at the table. JC noticed that George was staying close to Hannah, but she was distracted when Fred took the seat on the other side of her.

~*~*~

It was the morning after JC had arrived. Hannah knew she and George would have to make the announcement before they left for the World Cup. However, she was still worried sick about how everyone would take it. More than anything, she wanted to tell her father. She knew Sirius would have some sort of input. JC was fast asleep on the small cot on the other side of the room. Hannah hadn’t been surprised in the least to find that she liked Fred. She wanted to tell Fred, because she had the smallest suspicion that he had feelings for JC as well. She shook her head to rid herself of the thoughts and got out of bed quietly. She walked over to the dresser and pulled some clean clothes on. Then she peered at herself in the mirror. Her long dark brown hair hung around her face, partially covering her eyes, which were shockingly blue. She pulled a brush through the tangled mess and, once she was satisfied, she sat down at the old desk by the window and pulled out a piece of parchment along with a quill and ink. She began to write:

Daddy,
I don’t know how to put this. You didn’t get to see me grow up, so I know it will be hard for you to hear. I’m dating George Weasley, Ron’s older brother. You won’t receive this before JC wakes up, so you won’t be the first to know, but you’re the first I made the effort to tell aside from Fred, George’s twin brother. Daddy, he’s so sweet and incredibly funny. The things he does remind me of the stories Remus used to tell me of you and James. We are both hoping for your approval. I know I shouldn’t have, but I told him about what happened last year. Please forgive me; I know he’d never turn you in. I’m going to ask for Remus’ approval as well. I hope this gets to you soon. I love you. Take care of yourself.
Love Always,
Hannah Elizabeth


Once she had finished, she took Tweety out of her cage and tied the letter to her foot. She opened the window and left it cracked for the bird’s return. She knew it would be a while before JC woke up, so she switched to her wolf-form and slipped out of the room. Once on the landing, she turned toward Fred and George’s room, taking care to skip the squeaky step. She pawed at their door and let out low whines until Fred came to open the door for her. He seemed surprised.

Once the door was closed he turned to her, “What are you doing up here so early? You know mum’ll be getting up soon. What if she checks the rooms? She’s already suspicious of you two.”

Hannah changed back into her human-form and sat on George’s bed and gently shook his shoulder. Once he showed signs that he was waking, she turned toward Fred, “I woke up early. Some things have been bothering me, and I couldn’t get back to sleep. I need to talk to George.”

“G’morning.” George mumbled as he rolled over, trying to wake up. Hannah brushed his hair back from his face and kissed his cheek. She noticed Fred make a face, but chose not to mention it just yet.

“George, dear, I think we should tell them today.”

George turned so fast that he fell on the floor. Hannah held out her hand to help him up, but he ignored it. Laying on the floor wrapped in his blankets he looked up at her, “You think we should do what?!”

She got on her knees beside him and took his hand. “I know I should’ve warned you, but I just decided that sooner is better than later. Once we get to school everyone will know and then your parents will probably be upset that we didn’t tell them before. I know that telling your mother will probably mean constant surveillance, but I love you, and I want it out in the open.”

Sitting up, George looked into her eyes, “You’re barking mad. I was hoping you’d give me longer than this to prepare mum.”

“George, please. We have to.” She pleaded.

“I know dear. We will. Today, but when?”

“After breakfast. I’m going up to tell JC now though. I love you dear.” She smiled, giving him a quick kiss before running off to break the news. She left George on the floor looking so baffled that she could hear Fred laughing at him in her room.

JC had just woken up when she returned. As soon as she walked in the door JC looked at her questioningly, “Where were you?” She asked.

“I was talking to George, and I’ve decided that before I tell everyone, I need to let you in on it.” She paused, trying to decide how to say it. “Oh, the hell with it, JC, I’m dating George. I have been ever since about halfway through the summer. We had been walking through the woods, and then Fred just disappeared, and he just turned to me and told me everything. He’s loved me since we met, and I’ve felt the same. I know I should’ve written you about it, but Fred is the only one who knows right now. George and I are going to tell everyone today after breakfast.”

JC looked a little taken back, but after a few moments she recovered. “That’s why you two have seemed so much closer. You used to spend most of your time with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and me, not that you and I didn’t spend our fair share of time with Fred and George. I noticed something between you two at dinner too.”

Hannah just nodded. She felt so much better now that she had gotten it out in the open. Hopefully she’d feel just as good once she and George told everyone else.

“Why don’t you tell Fred how you feel?” She asked suddenly, cocking her head to one side.

“Are you crazy!?” JC asked, “I can’t tell him! What if he doesn’t like me that way?”

“JC, he must like you. There’s no sense in keeping it to-“

“No Hannah, I can’t.” JC interrupted.

“If you won’t tell him, then I will. Maybe he wants to be with you but doesn’t think he has a chance!”

“NO! You can’t! You can’t even tell George, you know he’d go straight to Fred and tell him everything. This is between us, Hermione, and Ginny.” JC looked panicked.

“Breakfast is ready!” Mrs. Weasley called from the kitchen.

“Fine, I won’t say anything, but you should.” Hannah said.

JC looked at Hannah, “Thank you. Are you ready for this?” She asked.

“We’re about to find out.” She replied as they walked out onto the landing. Fred and George were standing just outside the door waiting for them. George moved to Hannah’s side and JC and Fred followed them, singing quietly, “Bum bum ba-bum ba ba-bum ba ba-bum.” Hannah shot a look at the two before moving ahead of George to enter the kitchen.

Although conversation at the breakfast table was plentiful, given that Mr. Weasley had made it home in time, Hannah contributed little. Once it seemed like everyone had finished eating she looked at George.

“I have an announcement to make.” He said loudly, winking at Hannah as he said it.

Everyone got quiet, ready to listen. “They’re probably expecting some joke.” Hannah thought, examining the expressions on each face. George stood up and looked pointedly at his mother, then looked at Hannah, gesturing for her to stand also. She stood and looked around, realizing as she did so, that she felt very awkward.
\
“Hannah, would you like to do the honors?” He asked looking at her with a smile.

She blushed and then took a deep breath, “George and I are dating. We’ve been together for a few months now. We’ve wanted to tell you all, but we decided it would be best to wait until we were all together again.” As soon as she finished talking her eyes darted back and forth between Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, calculating their reactions.

Mrs. Weasley’s hand flew up to her mouth, and then she moved it to her heart to speak, “AND WHY DID THE TWO OF YOU THINK THIS WOULD BE ALRIGHT!?” She yelled angrily.

Hannah was taken aback by the yelling and automatically turned into her wolf-form, and whimpered from below the table. Before Mrs. Weasley got a chance to continue, Mr. Weasley broke in. “What do you mean Molly? This is wonderful! Dear, you can’t seriously say you didn’t see this coming. George and Hannah spend a lot of time together and they have similar interests.”

George attempted to coax Hannah out from under the table while his mother stumbled over words. Finally she looked over the whole room, “I want everyone except George and Hannah to go upstairs to their rooms.” She said. Once everyone else had left, Hannah came out and sat just behind George, who was standing by the wall. His parents were standing just in front of the couple.

“Hannah, please change back, we want to talk to you too.” Mr. Weasley said kindly. She changed back silently and stood behind George, clutching his hand.

Mrs. Weasley looked flustered and she fidgeted with her wand as she spoke, “Hannah, what were you two thinking? You live together, you can’t date. I won’t allow it.” She said as calmly as she could muster.

“I’m sorry. I know you don’t like it, but if it makes you feel any better we haven’t done anything.” Hannah said, regretting her choice of words almost immediately.

“What do you mean you haven’t done anything?” Mrs. Weasley asked gravely.

“Mum, she just meant that there’s nothing indecent about us being together. Yes, she’s living here, but when we’re at Hogwarts, we’ll kind of be living together then too.” George said.

“He has a point Molly.” Mr. Weasley interjected.

Mrs. Weasley shot him a dirty look, “We’ll just see what Remus has to say about this. He’s supposed to be stopping by soon.” She said, certain that Remus would see sense.

Hannah and George sat at the table to await Remus’s arrival while Mr. and Mrs. Weasley whispered in the corner. George held Hannah’s hand in his while she worried. She had been sure that Remus would approve of the relationship, but with Mrs. Weasley’s obvious dismay at the news, she was beginning to doubt it. Remus had taught Fred and George the previous year, perhaps he would be against them.

Suddenly George leaned down and kissed her with so much passion she nearly fell out of her chair. She was so surprise she let out a little scream, which prompted Mrs. Weasley to turn around.

“GEORGE WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?” She screamed. At that second Remus walked in the door and stopped dead when he saw what was going on. Once George noticed he was in the room, he stopped kissing Hannah and sat back in his seat, still holding her hand.

“Well you two certainly aren’t as shy anymore.” He said after he took a second to recover from the surprise.

Mrs. Weasley rounded on him, “You mean you knew!?” She yelled hysterically.

“Well I assumed actually. They spend so much time together. George, right? Not Fred?” Remus patted Mrs. Weasley’s shoulder as he walked into the room.

George nodded, “So you approve then?”

“Why yes. The two of you are quite a lovely couple. Walking in to see a scene like that reminds me of how it was with Sirius and Lydia.” He chuckled.

At this point Mrs. Weasley was at wit's end.

“Listen to me,” She said, looking at Hannah, “I love you dear. You’re like a daughter to me. I just don’t think it’s appropriate for you two to be dating and living in the same house. George makes a good point, so I see there’s no reason to make you break up. I hope you don’t think I’ve made all this fuss because I don’t want George with you! In fact it’s more that I’m worried about you being with HIM! Hannah, I just feel like you can do better. If you think you can take dealing with him, then who am I to stop you? I shouldn’t have made such a big deal of it, I just can’t believe you’ve been together for so long and I didn’t know.”

“Please don’t worry about it. You’re like a mother to me, the closest thing I’ve ever had to a mom. I know we should have told you. We both wanted to, I was just worried about how you’d take it.” She said.

Mrs. Weasley shook her head, “I’m just glad you told us, however, you two should know that you won’t be allowed in each other’s rooms alone now.”

“Of course, mum. Let’s go tell everyone how it turned out.” He said to Hannah.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

JC decided to follow Fred into his room, she didn’t feel like going to the girls room. She sat down on George’s messy bed still in her pajama’s. She looked up and caught Fred’s eyes and then quickly away.

“So, how do you think it’s going in there?” Fred asked.

JC looked up again, “I don’t hear any hollering this time so better than I thought, and at least Mr. Weasley was understandable about it.”

“You’re right, how about we try out these, you remember them right?” Fred handed her a pair of ears made out of velvet, attached to what looked like entwined ladders that extended.

JC laughed, “Yes, come on let’s go!”

They quietly tip toed down the staircase taking about three steps at a time, once they reached the living room wall, that was connected to the kitchen, they extended the ears and tried to make out the conversation, but it was fuzzy.

“…Lydia and Sirius.” Fred and JC looked towards each other at the sound of their old Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and friend, Remus Lupin.

JC took a step towards the wall and she leaned against Fred but she stepped on his foot, which made him fall over into the doorway with her landing beside him, “Fred, JC go to your rooms,” Mr. Weasley whispered.

Quickly, they scrambled up, they were glad that it was only Fred’s father that caught them, because they knew Mrs. Weasley would have been even madder. They both ran upstairs and back to the twin’s room, “Glad it was only dad that caught us, you just had to step on my foot.”

JC laughed and took the place she previously sat at, “Oh shush, wait… here they come.”

Hannah and George walked into the room, “We saw that you know,” they said looking at the other two.

They laughed, “We just had to know what was going on,” Fred told them and JC shook her head to agree.

Hannah sat on the bed beside JC and George took his place beside her, “This bed’s not big enough for the three of us!”

JC thought that was her cue as Hannah and George looked at her, “Fine, Fred slide over.”

After she moved to Fred’s bed, Hannah told them what went on downstairs.

“So they are cool about it, wow.” JC muttered.

“Yeah they all are, which is good,” George told them.

They heard more footsteps come down the stairs, it was Harry, Ron, Ginny, and Hermione, “AW, you know it really wasn’t hard to guess,” Ron said in a smart-ass tone.

“Mostly we wanted the grownups to know Ron,” George told him, rolling his eyes, beyond his hair.

“So who’s next,” Harry laughed looking at Fred and JC.

JC quickly blushed and turned so Fred wouldn’t see her red face, “That’s it, out, the four of you,” He hollered.

All four of them giggled and ran out of the room, up the stairs as Fred dodged at them, “They are so immature!”

Hannah laughed, “We four can’t say much though, we play more pranks than they do.”

There was an awkward silence for about fifteen minutes until JC spoke up, “I want to go for a walk anyone with me?”

The other three agreed and they left out of the house and into the wheat field. Hannah turned into her wolf form and weaved in and out through the paths that had been previously made. Out in the field there was a little pond and that was where they were headed. George ran off with Hannah leaving JC and Fred alone, sitting on the pond edge, skipping rocks.

“I never knew how peaceful it was out here,” JC laughed.

“I don’t really come out here a lot, I’m just noticing it.”

“Man, I cant wait for tomorrow, Ireland has got to win,” she said excitedly.

“You know they are, even though the Bulgarians have Krum, Ireland is still going to beat their ass,” He said nudging her in the arm.

“Shame on you, such harsh words,” she laughed.

“No, you should hear the words that come out of your mouth sometimes.”

JC threw a rock across the pond it skipped four times and disappeared under the water. She and Fred heard footsteps coming up behind them. Hannah and George appeared, laughing.

“What are you guys laughing about,” JC asked eying Hannah carefully.

“Nothing!”

JC walked around the pond and went to the other side, just to see what was over there. She picked up a few rocks and suddenly there were little footsteps around her, too small to be Hannah’s wolf form. She looked down to see something under her feet and crawling on her legs, Gnomes. JC screamed and ran back to where the others were. Too bad they couldn’t do magic outside of school, she knew the perfect spell. She heard there little feet chasing after her, “GET THEM OFF OF ME!”

Hannah scratched at the Gnomes, “OUCH, that kind of hurts,” JC said in a harsh tone.

JC looked to see Fred and George laughing, “Wow, I’m getting attacked and you two are laughing.”

Hannah changed back to normal once the Gnomes had finally ran away, she was laughing also.

“Aw, they like you,” Fred said in between laughing.

“That’s not creepy and nasty at all,” JC told them in an annoying tone.

“Come on lets go back to the house, our school list probably came in the post today,” George said grabbing Hannah.

“Thanks Hannah, for now and on, I’m scared of them little freaks,” JC smiled.

“No problem, they are just being playful, I wonder if your dad will let you have one,” she picked.

“I don’t want one, trust me on that.

They arrived back in the house, and found their Hogwarts letters on the table. JC opened hers; it was as the usual basic needs and books.

Mrs. Weasley came into the room, with everyone else’s, I will take care of this tomorrow in Diagon Alley, while you are at the game.”

The day went on, everyone gathered in the girls room to talk about how the game was going to go see the next day, there was too much commotion, one half of the room was pulling for Ireland and the other half was going for the Bulgarians.

“Guys, will you just calm down, gosh, it’s just a game,” Hermione said sticking her nose into a book about big as her head.

“Oh, you’d be the one to say something like that, you’d rather read than see the two best Quidditch teams in the world go head to head ,” Ron mouthed at her

Hermione rolled her eyes and pressed her face further into the book.

“Don’t worry she will have a great time once she gets there,” JC told them all.

“How do you think Harry is going to fight He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named this year,” Ron asked.

“Wow, what a horrible thing to say Ron, do you even know if he will show up,” Hannah asked.

Harry looked up at her, “Most likely he will show up, no doubt it will happen.”
“Well we know one thing for sure, every Quidditch match we have against Slytherin, we will beat them into the fucking ground,” George hollered and everyone cheered along with him.

There was only a matter of time when the sun began to go down and Mrs. Weasley was calling everyone down to dinner in the garden again. The candles that floated above the table and all of its delicious food lit up the night sky. It was almost a feeling of the last big supper before going back to Hogwarts, but if that was the case then everyone would be there.

Mr. Weasley looked around at everyone, “Kids, bed early tonight we have a long walk ahead of us in the morning.”

“WALK?”

He let out a breath, “We are going by portkey, so yeah, it’s about a thirty minute walk to it.”

Harry looked confused, “What’s a portkey?”

JC looked at him, “It’s how I got here, usually it’s a piece of crap thrown out by muggles and wizards know that muggles are not going to bother with it, so you touch it and show up at the place its connected to, face-first onto the ground.”

A few of the guys laughed and Mr. Weasley corrected her, “Only face-first if you don’t know what you are doing.”

JC laughed, “Like he said, if you know what you are doing, and half the time I have no clue what I am doing,” she joked.
♠ ♠ ♠
Both author's wrote in this chapter. Usually separated by symbols.