Sequel: Hannah Black History
Status: Chapter one will go up tonight.

Untitled

Chapter 3: The Dark Mark

Night had fallen and the celebrations had gone with everyone to their tents for the night. Fires were going on and the smell of food filled the air. Once it was time for them to turn in the girls went and changed into their pajamas and they all gathered in the living room part of the tent. JC and Fred were on the couch talking about the upcoming Hogwarts season and Ginny, Ron, Harry and Hermione were in the other tent almost asleep.

“Hey Hannah, come with me, let’s go and find Draco, Fred and JC, do you want to come,” George asked them.

Fred looked at JC, “You can go, I’m going to stay here, I’m tired.”

“Same here,” Fred told them.

Hannah and George left the tent and then JC looked at Fred, it was now time to tell him or better yet, show him.

“Now it’s quiet,” JC said sitting up next to Fred.

“Well someone lied and said they were sleepy,” he said sliding over to where their shoulders touched.

“Eh, I kind of wanted to tell you something, but I changed my mind.”

Fred smiled, “You can’t just do that to me, now I’m going to be thinking about it all night. What were you going to say?”

JC was about to give in and then she smiled and turned away from him, “It’s stupid, don’t worry about it!”

“Fine, I’m going to have to get it out of you,” he laughed and started poking and tickling her.

“NO, STOP, YOU KNOW I HATE THIS,” she couldn’t take anymore, “FINE I’LL TELL YOU!”

“Great,” Fred told her.

He didn’t realize that he was up on her from where he was tickling her, but surely, JC did and she didn’t mind it at all one bit.

JC was about to say something but, instead she put her hands on Fred’s shoulder’s and looked into his eyes. He smiled, in his mind he knew where she was going with it, but he wanted to hear it from her before, he said anything about it. JC moved her hand towards Fred’s neck, he leaned down, and they could feel each other’s breath. She closed her eyes, she had wanted to kiss him so bad and finally she had the chance. Fred put his hand on the side of her face, brushing her cheek slightly.

“Hey, JC.”

She jumped and Fred fell off the couch and fell into the floor, “Ohhhhh, I didn’t know I was interrupting something.” Hannah said coming through the doorway of the tent. A second later, George walked in behind her.

JC caught her breath and gained her cool back, “Did you find Draco?”

“Sadly no, didn’t find any of the Malfoy’s actually,” Hannah said sitting in the chair with George.

“He did leave right after the match was over, must’ve had something urgent to do.” JC told Hannah.

Later on that night, things had calmed down and mostly everyone was sleep. JC and Fred ended up falling to sleep on the opposite ends of the couch, JC thought that it would be awkward after the moment they had, she felt the tension already growing between them, and she hoped it wouldn’t affect their friendship.

“JC!”

Someone was shaking her shoulder frantically; she shot up, to hear screaming and running coming from outside, “WHATS GOING ON?

“Get your things and hurry, quickly kids, quickly, GET BACK TO THE PORTKEY AND KEEP UP WITH EVERYONE!” Mr. Weasley ushered them.

George grabbed Hannah’s hand, and Fred did the same with JC, “Come on we’ve got to get out of here!”

JC and Hannah didn’t think twice, they ran behind Fred, George and the others. Hannah gripped JC’s hand tighter to make sure they weren’t going to be separated. People were running and screaming, fires were raging everywhere, and about twelve hooded figures walked around chanting in a group. JC felt someone run through her hand that was entwined with Fred’s. The second their hands broke apart, she heard him holler her name. She did the same but she couldn’t reach him, they were drawn apart by the people running around. Hannah was on her other hand and JC stopped to see George not with her, he had gotten broken away also. The look of worry crossed both of the girls faces, they both whipped out their wands hoping they weren’t going to have to use them on anything or anyone. They came to a tree that was big enough to hide them both.

“JC, where is Hermione, Ron and Harry, I haven’t seen them since being in the tent,” Hannah asked her.

JC let out a breath, “I hope they are with everyone else at the portkey, come on let’s go and try to meet them, they have to be worried.”

Hannah grabbed JC’s hand again and they ran off to the hill where they arrived at. JC was running, leading Hannah until she tripped and fell over something. Hannah tumbled onto the ground over her, “SORRY!”

“What was that I tripped over,” JC asked.

Hannah looked to the ground, “HARRY!”

Harry was laid out onto the ground, his lip, forehead was bleeding, and the leans to his glasses were cracked. Both the girls got down shaking Harry hoping he would wake up. Finally, after a few shakes his eyes popped open, “What happened, where am I?”

They helped him up and by the time he got to his feet, Hermione and Ron ran up, hollering their names. Hermione pointed out in front of her, they all looked in the direction she was pointing.

There was a man standing with his wand pointing upwards to the sky, “MORSMORDRE!”

He looked at the kids and then ran off. In the sky appeared a skull made out of clouds, with a snake crawling through the eyes.

“AHHH, my scar,” Harry panted holding his forehead with his hand, “What is that?”

They all stood there and grabbed each other hoping something bad wouldn’t happen, “Harry, that’s his mark,” Hermione whispered.

“You mean…” JC started to say but she was interrupted by the sound of running footsteps.

There was the sound of a spell being shot at them; Hannah ducked, missing it by a few inches, “NO! STOP, THAT’S MY SON!”

Mr. Weasley appeared out of a cloud of smoke, along with other Ministry workers, and Barty Crouch, with his mustache twitching, “Who did it? Which one of you conjured it?”

Mr. Weasley stood in front of Barty’s wand, “You can’t think that, they are just kids!”

“There was a man, I don’t know who he was, I couldn’t see his face, he did it, and he ran off that way.” Harry said pointing north.

The Ministry guys ran off in the direction that Harry had pointed, Mr. Weasley stayed behind, “Come on we need to get home, everyone is there, I‘ve arranged to leave at the next portkey.”

JC and Hannah let out a sigh of relief knowing that Fred, George and everyone else was safe. They arrived in front of the familiar Burrow. Mrs. Weasley came out of the door crying, “Oh Arthur, you’re alright,” she cried latching onto him.

It took Mr. Weasley a bit to calm her down and then she turned to the kids, “Is everyone okay?”

Everyone nodded and she led them into the house, Ginny came running down the steps, followed by Fred and George. Hannah ran up to George, she hugged him tightly and kissed him. JC didn’t have a chance to even turn around when Fred grabbed her. He buried his face into her shoulder, “Are you alright?”

JC noticed that he had put his arms around her, “Yes, freaked out, but fine, that’s the first time I‘ve been around or even seen the dark mark.”

Hannah let go of George and took his hand, “To bad we didn’t get to prank Draco, but I did find something else out, I’ll have to tell you in a bit.”

George smiled, “Don’t worry about Draco; we’ll get him on the train.”

Mrs. Weasley came around the corner, “Come on, hop to bed, busy day packing tomorrow,” she said ushering them upstairs.

The next morning the girls woke up to the smell of breakfast cooking. They decided to let the boys sleep in and go downstairs to see if Mrs. Weasley needed help with setting the table. While JC was putting down the plates on the table, she saw Mr. Weasley bent down over the fireplace, muttering into it. She looked at Hannah and got her attention, “What do you think he’s doing?”

“Hm, he has to be communicating with someone.”

JC crept up behind Mr. Weasley, hoping he didn’t hear or see her; she wanted to know what he was rapidly whispering about. She caught a glimpse of the head that was freestanding in the fireplace; it was Amos Diggory.

“With Mad-Eye Moody coming back to teach at Hogwarts this year, the kids are bound to be frightened of him, he used to fill the cells of Azkaban in his prime years,” Amos whispered rapidly.

“Yeah, but he will also look after the big event that’s being taken place at Hogwarts this year,” Mr. Weasley told him.

JC looked at Hannah, backed up quickly and grabbed Hermione and Ginny then drug them back up to their room.

“What’s going on, why did you bring us up here?” Ginny asked.

“Hannah, you herd Mr. Weasley I could tell by the look on your face, something big is going to happen at Hogwarts this year, besides the new Dark Arts teacher,” JC said getting happy.

“We’ll find out sooner or later, something interesting happens every year but this time it’s planned,” Hannah told them.

JC laughed knowing that Hannah was right, she looked up and out the window to see Tweety flying towards them.

“Hannah!”

She stood beside JC petting the owl that had just landed on the windowsill with a note tied to its leg:

Hannah,

Sorry it took me so long to write back. Tell Harry that I said hi. I heard about the Quidditch World Cup. I hope you weren’t caught up in the mix, but I have a feeling you and Harry did. Although I don’t know George, I’m sure you’ve made a good decision. I look forward to meeting him. In the mean time, just don’t let him get you into too much trouble. Send everyone my love.
Hope to hear from you soon,
Your father.

PS: Send Harry’s owl back, it’s too risky to keep using the same owl, with the Ministry doing checks nowadays.


“I’m going to wake the boys up, you want to help? Harry may have some letters to send back with yours.” JC asked Hannah.

She stuffed the note into her pocket and nodded, “Yeah.”

It was about three in the afternoon and everyone was gathered in the living room. Harry and Hannah were on the couch writing letters back to their father, with Ron looking on. Fred, George, and JC were in the floor polishing their broomsticks, and Hermione had her nose in The Standard Book of Spells 4. Mrs. Weasley came into the room with her apron on, “Hannah dear, Remus will be coming to King’s Cross tomorrow to see you off at the train.”

“Okay thanks,” Hannah said and went back to writing her letter.

JC got up out of the floor and went up stairs to put all of her new schoolbooks into the trunk. Mrs. Weasley came into the room with an armful of washed school robes and sat them on the bed, “JC, are you okay? You seem kind of quiet today.”

JC smiled up at her, “Yeah I know, I’m sleepy from last night, it’s been on my mind, I keep thinking that it’s an omen for something bad to happen soon.”

Mrs. Weasley sat on the bed beside her, “Honey, you have to look on the positive side-”
Just then Fred came into the room, “I was wondering where you went.”

His mom looked from him and then to JC, she simply shook her head and walked out of the room. Fred gave a laugh and sat down beside JC on the bed, “I think she got the wrong idea,” she told him.

“Maybe she did, but that’s what I wanted to come and talk about,” Fred started saying.

JC felt her heart lunge, she didn’t know what to expect, the worst or the best. He started to continue talking but JC cut him off, “Look, I don’t know what came over me last night, I just-”

She was cut off from talking; Fred leaned in and kissed her softly. JC put her arms around his neck and he pulled back, “Will you go out with me?”

“Of course I will.”

Hannah and George came up the stairs and walked into the room, “Well I only figured it would be a matter of time,” Hannah said loudly.

Fred and JC broke apart, “Shut up,” they both said.

George laughed, “Hey you two teased us, so payback is in order.”

“Yeah yeah, whatever, now what do we have planned for Draco on the train tomorrow?” JC asked changing the subject quickly.

“Well, once we get on the train, someone is going to use the jelly-leg jinx on him, it’s almost like he did to Neville two years ago, then when he ’wobbles’ by our compartment, one of us will trip him. When he tries to get back up I’m going to jump on his back and scream, “Hey cuz,” Hannah said having it already planned out.

“Alright, that works, I want to trip him, it’s always something I wanted to do, when he’s going around the school scowling at things,” JC made note of.

“We’ve taught you two well,” George told the girls.