Sequel: Hannah Black History
Status: Chapter one will go up tonight.

Untitled

Chapter 5: The Drawings

The next day started going by slow for JC and Hannah, they were anxious about how the name picking was going to go. They only hoped that Fred and George wouldn’t get their names into the Goblet of Fire, for their safety and just because they didn’t want them to go through all of the challenges. No one paid any attention in classes because of all the excitement in the air and come lunch time, everyone from all three schools gathered around to watch names being dropped into the blue flame that sprung from the Goblet of Fire.

First up was the “pretty boy” Cedric Diggory. All the girls that drooled over him and clung onto every inch of his arms were following him into the room. When he dropped his name, everyone screamed, well almost everyone, JC and Hannah just sat on the bench not caring. Next, the Durmstrang ‘hottie’ Viktor Krum, threw his name into the Goblet. Hannah nudged JC in the arm and then pointing point to Hermione in front of her. JC noticed that she was tensed up and not moving, she was just staring at him with her book in her lap.

JC looked at Hannah who pointed at Krum, “He’s staring dead at her!”

Hannah laughed, “Well, someone has a crush!”

Hermione was pulled out of her daze as Krum walked back out of the room, “No, I-I just…” She started off but wasn’t able to finish her sentence.

“Mhm, yeah right.”

The next girl that came up wore the uniform of Beauxbatons Academy from the French region. Her hair was long and blonde, eyes blue as the sky, she resembled a bit of the veela that was at the Quidditch World Cup. Ron sat in the corner starry-eyed and drooling over her. Harry slapped him in the back of the head so he could regain consciousness.

“HEY, WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR,” Ron screamed but Harry ignored him.
Then there came screaming from the hallway, followed by Fred and George running into the room with their age potions.
“YEAH!!!”

Hannah and JC laughed as they stood behind them, “It’s not going to work,” JC told them.

“And why is that?”

Hannah pointed to the floating line that surrounded the Cup, “do you know what that is?”

Fred and George looked to each other, “No.”

She laughed, “That’s an age line, we tried to tell you that Dumbledore had something else set up, and something as pathetically dimwitted as an aging potion isn’t going to cut it sweetheart.”

George leaned down and kissed her, “Well as pathetically dimwitted as it is, we’re going to still try it.”

Fred kissed JC, “Alright love we warned you.”

They stood on the bleachers and shook the potions, “READY FRED?”

“READY GEORGE!”

They crossed arms and waited a second then jumped into the age line, so far so good, “YEAH!”

They threw their names into the cup, the flame grew wild and threw them out of the age line. JC and Hannah closed their eyes and once they opened them again they saw their boyfriends with long grey hair and long beards, scrapping and rolling around on the floor, “YOU SAID-”

“NO, YOU SAID!”

Hannah and JC ran over to them, “BOYS STOP,” Hannah and JC hollered.

“IT’S YOUR FAULT,” they hollered while pointing at each other.

JC finally pulled Fred off George, “It’s not each other’s fault-”

Hannah cut in, “It’s our fault for even letting you brew that potion.”

JC looked at her questionably, “It is?”

Both boys stopped restraining against the girls, “Yes JC, we should have talked them out of it.

“Oh calm down, they will turn back to normal in thirty minutes, at least that’s what my book says,” Hermione told them on her way out of the corridor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hannah rolled her eyes. Of course Hermione had to be right… just when she wanted the boys to learn a lesson in dealing with Dumbledore. Fred and George had grown cocky when they returned; they failed to understand that Dumbledore would always know how to keep them where they belong. She shook her head. She knew she was falling into one of her moods again. There were always days where she was completely listless. Lupin used to blame himself for it, saying that she had gotten into the habit with his monthly changes and her animal instinct caused her to sympathize. She however, blamed it on Draco. Being back at school with her childhood friend turned adolescent enemy depressed her. She knew Fred and George simply wouldn’t understand how she could have ever been close to him, and she was certain JC felt the same.
\
She managed to make it through the rest of her classes that day, and then went straight up to her dormitory without speaking a word to anyone. Sure enough Tweety was on her bed cooing and picking at the note attached to her foot. A smile spread across her face as she pulled the note off and opened it.

Hannah.

It’s good to hear from you again. I’m so glad you’re safe. How’re things going at Hogwarts? I hope you haven’t been causing too much trouble. Keep an eye on Harry; you know he’s always getting into trouble too. Keep tabs on those dreams of his; they’re starting to worry me. Behave yourself with George, please keep safe. I love you my dear.
Love,
Padfoot


She sighed, and pulled out a bit of parchment. She wrote all about what had happened at the world cup and her concerns. She also confided her sadness about her lost friend in him and explained about the Triwizard tournament. She signedHannah Elizabeth with a flourish of her quill and sealed the envelope. She fed Tweety and put the envelope by the cage for another day.

“You’ve certainly earned a break dear.” She said stroking Tweety’s feathers back.

With that she headed down to the common room to start on some homework. She had only just finished when George came into the common room and sat by her side. She placed her work in her bag and changed to her wolf form, curling up on George’s lap. She giggled when she heard gasps from several 1st years. She opened her eyes and cocked her head at one who was close by. The young boy looked at her, obviously terrified, and began to back away. Giggling again she jumped down from the couch and trotted over to him. George charmed a wadded up piece of parchment to float in the air and she snapped at it as he maneuvered it around the room. The boy sat on one of the couches, breathing heavily, and when Hannah turned around she saw Neville sitting beside him, explaining quietly. He gestured for her to come toward them and she allowed the boy whom she later learned was named Collin Creevey to pet her, and soon was surrounded by curious 1st years. About half an hour later it was time for supper and the crowd dispersed. George made his way over as she took her human form again.

“No matter how many times I have to deal with that, I’ll never quite be used to it. I’ve had to be stared at from afar knowing everyone’s talking about me because of who my father was. I’ve had to be surrounded and crowded and admired. I’ll never let Harry get away with telling me I don’t know how he feels.” She laughed.

“Would you like to go catch up with your friends? You’ve kept to yourself most of the day.” George asked, taking her hand in his.

“Sure, why not?” She said, pulling him through the portrait hole. They walked through the halls toward the Great Hall. It was mostly deserted because everyone would be at dinner by now. Once they reached the Great Hall they took their seats between Harry and Ron with JC, Fred, and Lee in front of them.

“Where’s Hermione?” Hannah asked looking at Ron.

“She said something about going to the library to do some research on the Triwizard tournament.” He said gulping down more potatoes.

Hannah laughed and shook her head, “Of course, of course."

Suddenly Hermione came rushing up to the table with a book in hand. She shoved herself between Hannah and Harry and slammed the book onto the table, flipping through the pages wildly. “Look at this!” She said pointing to a paragraph, looking crazed.

Everyone tried to lean in over the book at once and JC and Hannah head-butted each other. While they rubbed their heads, Fred and George leaned over the book, and began to read in unison, “Throughout the history of the Triwizard Tournament, there have been many injuries to the participants since they are exposed to so many dangers. There is no official total of deaths, but we gather that there are less than the injuries.”

They stopped at the end and looked at each other, “Wicked!”

Hannah looked appalled, “NO! Not wicked! Do you realize what this means!? There is a chance that someone we know could die from taking part in this! You should be grateful you weren’t allowed to enter!”

JC laughed, “Calm down Hannah, there haven’t been that many deaths, and people get injured just attending Hogwarts all the time.”

Hannah looked and George and sighed. There was no way she could make any of them understand how upset she would be if they entered. The only comfort she had was that Fred, George, and JC were too young to enter, and that Ron, Harry, and Hermione weren’t even considering entering.

~*~*~*~*~*~

While eating JC looked around, listening in on conversations, mostly everyone was talking about the drawing of the Triwizard champions, which was happening after they were done eating.

“Well, I turned seventeen last week, so I entered this morning, I really hope I get it,” JC herd Angelina brag loudly.

She rolled her eyes and turned to her pumpkin juice, drinking it down in one gulp, “It would be funny if you got hurt in it!”

Mr. Filch limped in with two other men; they were carrying a wooden box with the Goblet of Fire on top of it. The flame still glowed a bright blue, meaning it wasn’t time yet. JC leaned her head on Fred’s shoulder, trying to get comfortable at the table. Dumbledore rose to his feet and slowly walked over to the Goblet of the Fire. Suddenly, the flame turned bright red and started growing bigger.

“It is time.”

At the lift of a hand all the lights in the Great Hall dimmed and the students grew silent. Dumbledore raised his hand and the flame spit out a piece of parchment with a name and school written on it, “And the Durmstrang champion is, Viktor Krum!”

A loud applause rang over the hall, “I knew you could do it,” hollered the Head of the all boys’ school, Igor Karkaroff.

Krum retrieved his name from Dumbledore and then walked along the professors table, to the side door that led into the Trophy Room.

“We knew that was coming,” Ron hollered as he clapped loudly.

Dumbledore raised his hand again, “The Hogwarts champion is,” there was an hard, awful silence, JC crossed her fingers hoping it wasn’t Cedric, “Cedric Diggory!”

JC let her head fall to the table, “NO,” she screamed.

At the Huffelpuff table, everyone was standing and screaming at the top of their lungs as Cedric took the same path as Krum did.

Once he was out of sight, Dumbledore retrieved the next name, “Fleur Delacour, the Beaubaxtons!”

Ron’s mouth fell opened, “Harry, it’s… it’s her.”

“Wow,” JC muttered.

“Well, I think Krum will be the only thing interesting in this and I hate him,” Fred told JC.
“They canceled Quidditch for this,” she huffed.

Dumbledore had turned away from the Goblet, he thought it was done with what it had to done, but the flames went wild again and another piece of parchment flew from it.

Dumbledore caught it in his hand and then looked up at the Gryffindor table, “Harry Potter.”

The hall fell quiet and all heads turned to Harry, “I didn’t put my name in there!”

“HARRY POTTER,” Dumbledore hollered and he didn’t sound so happy.

Hermione nudged Harry in the shoulder, “GO!”

Hannah looked at JC, “He would have told us something.”

“I don’t know.”

They watched him disappear through the same doors as everyone else and then all the talking began. Everyone in the hall except Ron, Hermione, Fred, JC, Hannah, George and Lee spoke; they didn’t know what to think.

Dumbledore disappeared from the Great Hall and into the door that Harry went through. When Harry said that he didn’t put his name in the Goblet then JC and Hannah believed him and if they believed him then Fred and George did also. Ron on the other hand put his head on the table and scowled, Hermione looked down at him and didn’t say a word.

It was too early to go to common room, so JC, Fred, Hannah and George left out into the entrance hall and up the stairs that led onto the Viaduct Bridge. The sun was starting to set and it was starting to get colder, she took Fred’s arm and put it around her neck, for a little more warmth.

“So, guys you think Dumbledore is going to let Harry stay in the Triwizard Tournament,” JC asked.

“I don’t know, I think Harry can do it, he’s fought an Basilisk, defeated a hundred dementors at once and first year he got the Sorcerer’s Stone from a three headed dog, so I think he can do this,” Hannah told them.

“True,” JC stopped walking, “We need to promise one thing, if Harry does stay in this we have to help him through it, we aren’t going to let him do it on his own, right?”

“Promise.”

“All of us except Ron, he looked pissed, I can’t believe that he thought Harry would do that,” George said.

“Harry’s going to have to talk to him,” JC told.

An hour later everyone was back in the Common Room and huddled around waiting for Harry to get back, well everyone except Ron, who was still furious about how Harry’s name got into the Goblet of Fire. Finally the portrait door opened and Harry walked through.

Hannah was the first to speak, “How did it go, what happened?”

Harry sit on the couch between her and Hermione, “Well, McGonagall didn’t want to go through with it, but Dumbledore was thinking hard about it and then worst of all Snape said to let things play out and Dumbledore went along with it, so I’m the fourth Champion.”

“SNAPE, sounds like he’s brainwashed Dumbledore and he wants you dead,” JC hollered.

“I don’t know if that’s it, but maybe it could be,” Hannah tried to say.

Hermione looked forward without blinking, “A teacher can’t put another student in danger, that would be against a lot of things.”

“I don’t know, but I’m going to bed, it‘s the only place I can think,” Harry said then he looked around, “Where’s Ron?”

George blinked and looked around, “He’s in the bed.”

Harry shook his head, “Alright, see you in the morning guys.”

“Night.”

It was almost midnight and the Common Room had been deserted for only a few minutes ago when Hannah and George went up to bed. It left JC and Fred up by their selves.

“So, what do you want to do,” he asked.

“Come on, we haven’t broke the rules since we’ve been here,” She said and grabbed his hand.