Status: Complete

Turning A Page

-02-

Johnny held me out at arms length, just looking me over before he pulled me in for another hug. "I can't believe I'm finally seeing you again. I've got my little ratbag back!" Trust Johnny to remember that nickname.

"Hey man," his friend spoke up, "We should probably get out of here." I could see him looking around, not looking comfortable.

"Sure thing man. Grab a bag," Johnny instructed. "Oh yea, Sarah, that's Zacky. Zacky, Sarah."

I smiled at his friend, noticing his amazing green eyes, bullring and snakebites. "It's nice to meet ya Zacky. Hey JC, are all your friends so hot?" I laughed.

Zacky laughed too as he slung his free arm around my shoulders, "Think I'm gunna like havin' you around, girl. I dunno about hot, but I've been told we're all better looking that short-shit here."

After removing the glare from his face by giving him a kiss on the cheek and telling him I still loved him anyway, Johnny picked up my other bag and we made our way out to the car. As I climbed into the backseat I remembered the special item I had in my backpack. I pulled it out, and stuck my hand through to the front of the car, throwing it into Johnny's lap.

"Remember him?"

"What the?" Johnny asked, shocked by the impact. "Oh my god, it's Kevin!!"

Kevin was a teddy bear Johnny had had since he was a baby. While we were growing up, if one of us got sick or we couldn't see each other for some reason, he would give me Kevin to keep me company. When I left, he gave me Kevin again, saying that now I had to keep my promise so I could return him.

"You know I couldn't forget him. He's been missing his daddy and much as I have." All of us laughed at that.

During the ride back to Huntington we caught up and amused Zacky with stories from our past. He added in a few stories of Johnny's adventures since I left. When we finally made it into town we cruised past my old house. It still looked the same, kids were climbing the trees in the front yard like Johnny and I had done regularly.

"Do mom and dad still live next door?" I questioned. We'd always referred to each other's parents as if they were our own.

"Sure do, you know they wouldn't leave that place. I'd take you in to see them, but they're up in Canada seeing dad's cousin or something. They should be back next week though so we'll ambush them then. All the guys are meeting us at my place, right Zacky?"

"Yea, they said they'd be there around now."

"Who are 'all the guys'?" I was always a bit nervous meeting new people. Zacky seemed cool so far though, so hopefully the rest of Johnny's mates would be nice too.

"Don't worry girl, it's just the rest of the band, and probably some of their girlfriends," Johnny explained, knowing about my problem.

"Yea, we were all pretty excited to finally meet the girl Johnny's always talking about. We were actually beginning to wonder if you were even real," Zacky laughed, earning an evil glare from Johnny.

"Haha, I heard I was infamous. You gotta let me in on what JC here's been telling you about me."

"I only told them how insane you are," Johnny grinned. "They didn't believe me."

I had to laugh, not many people did believe I was insane until they found out for themselves. No, I'm not wacko. I'm insane in the best way possible, the fun way.

"You don't think I'm insane?" I asked Zacky.

"Haven't seen any reason to think so yet. Well, apart from being friends with Johnny."

"Don't worry boy, that's only the start of it. Just wait until I get going. Oh, we're here?"