Status: Complete

Turning A Page

-03-

"Damn JC, this is a nice place!" To say I was impressed would be an understatement. The place was beautiful, and I could tell mom had done all the gardening.

"Yea, welcome home."

I stared in amazement at the gargoyles perched on top of the fence. I'd always been fascinated by the creatures, and had gotten Johnny to love them too. From what I could see so far, it looked like Johnny had used a combination of all our favourite things to make this place home.

The door opened next to me, breaking me out of my trance. "Come on, time to meet everyone." Johnny pulled me up to the front door, opening it and yelling, "We're home!" before turning to me to say he'd give me the grand tour later.

As we entered the lounge I saw people scattered over various pieces of furniture. Zacky was patting the spot next to him on the couch, so I headed to sit next to him, while Johnny went into the kitchen to get us some drinks.

"Everyone, this is Sarah. Sarah, that's everyone."

"Thanks Zacky, that was a great introduction." That voice sounded slightly familiar. I looked around the room, noticing the guy speaking was sitting on a loveseat with a beautiful blonde girl. He was very muscular, had his lip pierced and looked like someone you didn't really want to mess with. Once he saw me looking at him he introduced himself. "Hey Sarah, I'm Matt, or M, or Shadows. Take your pick. And this here is my girlfriend Val," he laughed, tickling Val who was hitting him on the chest trying to stop him.

"M Shadows is our singer," Johnny explained, handing me a beer before sitting on the floor in front of me. "You already met Zacky Vengeance, and on the other side of you Brian is Synyster Gates, our other guitarist. And last Jimmy is our drummer The Rev."

"Damn, sure you guys have enough names? What's your stage name Johnny?"

Zacky looked shocked. "Wait, you don't know he's Johnny Christ? But you've been calling him JC all day."

"I've called him JC since about a week after we met. You didn't just call yourself Johnny Christ to have an excuse for me calling you JC, did you?"

"Actually, I came up with it. He wanted to call himself Johnny Walker," Zacky explained. I laughed. That certainly sounded like Johnny, the little alcoholic.

"So how come you call him JC?" Jimmy spoke up.

"Johnny Cakes," I replied flatly. I knew they would probably tease Johnny about it for a while, but I'd get them back when I thought up nicknames for all of them. Before the laughing could get too bad I spoke up again, "Don't laugh too hard, I haven't given you nicknames yet! Since you have so many names what do you want me to call you all?"

"Zacky."

"Like I said, whatever is fine."

"Syn."

"Jimmy, or The Rev. Whatever really."

Brilliance struck. "Ok, so it's Stevie, Susie, Pinhead and Jim-bob." Looking at the shocked, confused and almost angry faces made me laugh, while Johnny just looked knowingly at Zacky, obviously meaning I told you so.

"How in the hell did you get those?" Brian asked from beside me. I think he was the most upset at his new name.

"Do I really have to explain?" They all nodded, so I continued, "Ok, so Zacky is Stevie cos his initials are ZV which sounds like Stevie. Susie knows why he's Susie." Matt chuckled and winked at that. "Syn sounds like pin, so Pinhead, and Jim-bob cos it's the shortened version of Slim-bob Jim-bob."

"I told you she was insane," Johnny boasted.